Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give MPs some active evades pls

Christ shield MP's have a ridiculous amount of def already
    {Removed by Anarrina: Plagiarism is unamusing. See me for questions.}

Yeah lord knows those of us with 3000+ AR cant perk the good ones without debuffing them. But yeah, they need more defense....right.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

if mps get that i wanna see active heals for crats plz, lol

endgame equiped bow mp got around 3200def with SS up. almost every class can perk on that.
    heal pet healing 1500~ in 7.5s so most of time its alpha from some1 and dead mp.
    Last edited by Perskules; Jul 6th, 2010 at 17:22:41.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Vantura View Post
    Then remove the band-aid fix and put in a suitable defense.

Simplez

Dazzle with Lights debuffs AR (-300) and inits (-800)... and can be maintained nearly 50% of the time (exactly 50% after rebalancing).
    And it cost 10 perks for 15 seconds only =)
    Ofc, if u smart enough you can kill someone in 15 seconds with couple ASes =)
    But it is not 50%, id say like 10%
    I prefer to perk in FS3 and TR6 instead.

And there's damage debuffs, Damage/Init debuffs
    That debufs are lols =)
    The only actual debuff that make difference in PVP is NSD/eNSD - and it is the only MP unique power. (Will be nerfed also as everything MP can use )
    Healing and nano damage debufs are good also, but in most situations we have no chance to land them.

And the final lol - MP has no debufs at all if he want blockers ))
    Molotoff Cocktail

Aye... like I said, you can argue the value or otherwise - but they are there. That argument is going to change fairly dramatically after rebalancing too... so it's difficult to say just how things are going to look.

DwL can be used every 35 seconds (30 after rebalancing) and lasts 15 seconds - so you can maintain it ~50% of the time. That will no doubt be especially true once AAD is removed from the defence calculation on it in the rebalancing, since it has a 70% NR def check.

X

MP is just ahead of non evading profs, always been that way and that's only if you use css or scouts too.
    Even enfos are ahead of non-shield MP in defense.
    Shield MP has the best defense of non-evade profs.
    Instead we get debuffs, like damage debuffs and nsd, though both have no real effect on anything we actually need to use it on
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Sure, if FC could make it to function properly (which they can't).

Instead of that, we will just get the laughable excuse for defense, in line with TTB.
    Considering how much HP a MP has, a 50% damage to pet may as well be a 50% reflect buff, because its not like the pet is going to die if it takes 10% dmg.

It also doesnt invalidate AR, perks, and classes that use them and be on/off like evades are (bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    shusshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I and others said this pre LE. And looky what did mp's get? A dot that gives the caster aad and nr and the "victim" gets a huge AAO buff. There are also some blockers in the mix.

Again.. shhhhhh.. Lord knows what they will come up with next if we dont keep quiet.
    When MP's got love, they were undisputably the best class in PVP, and you had a horde of FOTM MP's. Shouldn't really pretend any different.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Considering how much HP a MP has, a 50% damage to pet may as well be a 50% reflect buff, because its not like the pet is going to die if it takes 10% dmg.
    Not like, but it will, since everyone ganks MP pets for fun already.

Crikey, that's right. Almost like ranged advies (with 12% offensive capacity of one of them, at the same time).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

killing MP pets is often a suitable concession when you realize there's no way to kill the shield weilding MP.

Clearly, we can all see what the problem is: MP is a dichotomy class, just like shades: either, they are unkillable with shield, and have f*ckall for offence, or, they have a bow, are reasonably proficient in killing, and suffer similar problems in defence as other classes.

Seriously, I don't know what you guys are huffing about. Mharut has like 109 duel wins and 1 loss or something, clearly, MP's need help :/

My crat has a higher static def rating than my shield mp. Adv's have about the same def rating as a shield mp with limber going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Anything that makes my pets die faster is a terrible idea. Until pets get a proper fix in cast/buff times or the time it takes to kill them (lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    dichotomy
    Is this your new favorite word?

Here's how to fix MP's imo: make Hostility Scourge work on any and all perk damage and change SS to a lockout so bow MP's can actually then make use of it. All the while keeping (non shield MPs) as semi-evaders. Of course this should only be the beginning, but a change like this would probably make the biggest difference looking at the way MPs stand pre-balancing. Pets still need considerable improvement and outdated/crappy aspects of our toolset need updating (dominates, notum rejection, mez pet, etc.). And ofc there's the pvm side of having the least to offer a team of any profession in the game, but that's another thread.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jul 9th, 2010 at 04:04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Dazzle with Lights debuffs AR (-300) and inits (-800)... and can be maintained nearly 50% of the time (exactly 50% after rebalancing).

And there's damage debuffs, Damage/Init debuffs, stun and evade procs - and/or (depending on how you see it) the more controversial special blockers and active AAD of SS. Then there's the nanodamage and nanoskill debuffs vs casters and the Nanoskills debuffs can also affect the ability of weapon users to use short-term buffs for their AR.

You can argue the relative value or lack of value... but they are all in the mix.

A lot of stuff is likely to change on MP defences by the looks of the announced changes in the rebalancing. It looks too, like weapon choices and importance of creations is likely to change too... so it's tough to know what will end up where as things stand.

X

DwL wont land everytime, suprisingly, with all the aad we got ingame post LE, that whole perk line got less and less usefull, granted, i dont play my mp pretty much at all for quite a time already, but from what i remember the profs i would need it most against it wont land on

Im sure i dont have too explain this too a fellow mp, but with the stuns duration vs recharge rate its usefullness is heavyly limited, especially as a defensive tool

Evade procs- with bow mps attack rating dont hit off often enuff nowadays, besides they are procs, not something you can even remotely count on being up when you need it

Dmg debuffs - as much as they are underestimated casting those in a mass pvp environment is a suicide, its sad as ****, but were forced too use SS in mass pvp to survive ( bow mps )

Active AAD on SS - add 200 aao on cast target, so vs your main target ( unless cast on self or a random gimp arround in mass pvp ) its only +50 aad

Blockers - the pvp environment changed a bit since SS and other newer mp toys were intorduced, 5 not self refreshing, 30 sec recharge blockers aint same cool stuff as they were 2-3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    You can argue the relative value or lack of value... but they are all in the mix.
    should have started off with this i think, ofc saying we got literally only evades was somewhat of an understatement, fact is tho that with every1s ar going up by what, 0,5k ar? in the last 3 years or so, our other defenses aint even remotely close to being as effective as they used too,,,

im willing to bet money on that if our evades/aad were too be bumped by the value that most profs got their AR improved over the last years, bow mps survivability would sky rocket

ofc it would op shield mps, so preferably it woud be a bow mp only lub

PS. shield mps aint as godly unkillable bastards as it seems most would think they are, at least form the perspective of my doc, i can kill most shield mps while tankin half a team of random enemies, excluding some obvious prof combos
    Last edited by Insane666; Jul 9th, 2010 at 11:28:49.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post

Is this your new favorite word?
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    killing MP pets is often a suitable concession when you realize there's no way to kill the shield weilding MP in 3 seconds.
    I take it, this is what you actually meant.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by gaiatry View Post
    Da, I didn't say we have max evades of all classes - I say we don't have anything but evades.
    Heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Plektrum View Post
    Heals?
    yeah, try to stay alive as a, lets say , 220 doc using LE in pvp, becouse thats how good that pet is
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    yeah, try to stay alive as a, lets say , 220 doc using LE in pvp, becouse thats how good that pet is
    ...when it is not UBTed which it is about 90% of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    ...when it is not UBTed which it is about 90% of the time...
    and tbh, even if its not, its still worse then LE when you give it some thought, thats assuming it isnt lost on the other side of BS/Zone in the first place

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I take it, this is what you actually meant.
    how long should it take?

better yet, how many people is it supposed to take?

Or, since I'm a MA and MA's are apparently MP's nemesis, how easy should it be to take one down?

My nemesis can take me down in 3 seconds. Thats even, then, no?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast