Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 16th, 2010 - Martial Artist Nano Changes + More Heads

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    You know this because.... your magic 8 ball told you? And that was the.... asian special Atrox head?
    No...I would have figured that you would have recognized them...

You having the title "alt addict"

Go roll a new toon and look through the heads you can choose.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

I liked the MA nano changes.

They, as a whole seem to be pretty sensible changes that would make MA's a lot less frustrating to play.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Still waiting on the reincarnation of the pink mowhawk! ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    So what is the timeline for the MA changes anyway? Is it like...

Week 1: Announce
    Week 2: Delay
    Week 3: Delay
    Week 4: Profit!

Or is it like

Week 1: Announce MA changes
    Week 2: Announce Kippur changes
    etc etc
    Week 14: Announce last prof changes
    Week 45: Changes begin to enter the game
    Is this a rhetorical question?

3rd option;

Week 1: Announce MA changes
    Week 2: Elaborate on MA changes
    Week 3: Announce Kippur changes
    Week 4: Unexpected vacation
    Week 5: Elaborate on Kippur changes
    etc
    Week 35: Elaborate on NT changes
    Week 52: NT changes set in stone

12.12.2012: Start implementation of MA changes.
    Last edited by Strupstad; Jul 17th, 2010 at 13:12:47.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    12.12.2012: Start implementation of MA changes.
    Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I liked the MA nano changes.

They, as a whole seem to be pretty sensible changes that would make MA's a lot less frustrating to play.
    My thought exactly. And it's only the Nano Progs part.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    One more new head...so fun I wanted to share it.
    Tayson anyone?

Beware the ear eater.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

The new MA nanos look more or less awesome. I agree we could use a parry and a higher end brawl buff, and our evades could use some more tweaking to be more or less on par with fixers, but the new damage nanos and type nanos are wonderful. Being able to adjust our damage types to take advantage of enemy weaknesses will be highly beneficial...

On the down side, however, it means I'm going to have get Arul Sabas made for ALL damage types, not just the fire/chem ones I have now.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Our Evades will never come close to Fixers'. Well, maybe by the Skills if we use some kinda specific setup, but their Back Items make it impossible to compete against them when it comes to AAD. And we aren't meant to attain that much defensive values. Instead of giving us free points of Evades, FC offers to give something unique to MAs called Zazen, some defensive stance. I dislike to state things before I try them out, though I think that'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    On the down side, however, it means I'm going to have get Arul Sabas made for ALL damage types, not just the fire/chem ones I have now.
    Not really. Just because you can change fist damage to almost any damage type, doesn't mean it is useful to do so.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    ...And we aren't meant to attain that much defensive values. ...
    ? You mean those AAD values I hope. Because we are most definitely meant to attain the highest evade value - in raw 'evade close, dodge ranged, duck explosions' values - since we are evaders and critters and that's pretty much it. No one fools themselves that we are healers and adding 8 seconds to our heal cycle is going to make that even less credible. We dont even have the highest base evades anymore and have not since the release of SL.

That's the part that really, really needs to be addressed. Okay, our brawl and crit buffs haven't been updated or changed since 2002. Okay. But not updating our evades with anything but a line that only boosts one evade - for 6 minutes?! - at the expense of all other evades?!! That has got to get fixed. If I'm going toe to toe with a fixer in SWSX and he's bursting and FA'ing and rooting my butt - and popping DOF and Limber just as often as me (because he can) - then I should have some capacity to evade him. Being an evade class. The MA evade buffs have not kept up with other professions' advances. The top MA evade buff should probably be at least +500 across the board if not +800. Then, yes, we actually will evade our opponents, pvp and pve, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I never noticed that much trouble evading people even in a setup focused on AR rather than Evades ... I mean, nothing more peculiar than 220 top-notch Fixers being FA capped, things like that. It ain't especially related to MAs. I was indeed talking about AAD. I'm not very sure about a +500 or +800 Evades Buff tbh, although it would have been cool to be able to use Unstable Grace along with RI or SS, I reckon.

But think about it, it's like you tend to ignore what I said about Zazen on purpose, in order to serve your insatiable desire of obtaining more Evades. Better wait and see, imo.
    We are a strong Evades Class, that's pretty much obvious, now I don't know if it has been "forgotten" by FC purposely or not after they released SL and gave us Acrobat but ...
    I seriously doubt giving us more powerful Evades Buffs would help at all, I mean, it would probably help one way or another, but it sounds more like a band-aid fix than anything else, whereas a new defensive stance would allow us to SURVIVE a lot better.
    Evades don't do everything, think about Special Attacks that will never miss, think about all of the people using MR that you will not always be able to resist. We need something else than Evades for all of that, we need survival abilities, and that's what FC planned for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    As promised last week we are making the preliminary document for changes to the Martial Arts profession nanos available for discussion (hard numbers not finalized...New "stance" will be renamed to "Zazen"). In addition to these changes it is also important to note that martial arts special attacks will no longer cause nano-recharge on use. Constructive feedback on these changes will of course be appreciated and duly considered. We will also be making the Keeper nano changes available to the professionals this week with the intention of making them public next Friday. We are hoping to also have an overview of changes to all Nemesis nanos next Friday as well.

..and of course here are a few of this week's heads.

Have a great weekend.
    MAs were in the mid of the pack. Keepers, however, will be a more difficult challenge.

I never played them, but if you make sure their buffs are easier to cast and resist, I'll have more keepers to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Week 4: Unexpected vacation
    lol so true

The heads look good.

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Unsure what the column "V.P" is for, pretty sure it's not that u can buy the nano with vp points
    Haven't been able to look it over yet but if the entries in that column are yes/no type ones it likely means Visual Profession. As in can or can not be used by agents when mimicking MAs.

VP is visual profession, as stated above.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Though this column means nothing for now. I mean, just act like it wasn't even there, its utility isn't set yet (in terms of things which are bound to happen with Agents & Nanos, f.e) !

Just to highlight this to Means...

when is the simple un-removable 6 hour hostile nano timer for SWS/GA armor for fixer to be implemented?

Me thinks every fixers is shouting for this
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Just to highlight this to Means...

when is the simple un-removable 6 hour hostile nano timer for SWS/GA armor for fixer to be implemented?

Me thinks every fixers is shouting for this
    they would likely have to change the grid armor to unique in order to do this, as right now you can summon multiple gridarmor into inventory, which wouldnt work well with an ncu timer. but, i would rather have to delete old armor and then summon a new one, if it means getting a hostile ncu timer finally.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast