Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Martial Artist Nano Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    What, you talking about duels? Since oh I dunno, kiting and init debuffs and that overpowered root makes it a hard fight not a oh 'MAs will always win' nonsense.
    Good luck finding a 1 on 1 situation in BS. 1v1 fights in there dont exist and if you expect to find yourself in that kind of enviroment than we dont really have anything to talk about

And even IF somehow you do meet a good crat and ur able to stay in a 1v1 situation long engouh...well, from a point of view of a nanoskill-based crat that used to nerf everything for nanoskills...good luck landing GRM on a >good< crat after he UWOS's...not to mention that to a crat even an immobile MA is dangerous?

Ive fought plenty crappy and some good and even a few damn good MA's on BS...no chance w/o kiting through WP's and using sitkits when the MA zones....which is a double edged sword cuz the MA can do same.
    Oh, and lol @ being able to land init debuffs on MA's....inbetween the ton of time that crats actually have cuz MA's are permarooted (lol).

In any case, MA's, the good ones with some experience and imagination will always have an upper hand over crats. If you dont believe me, ask Ange (or any good and actively pvping MA), im pretty sure he duelled and fought(on BS) alot of crats.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

What, you talking about duels? Since oh I dunno, kiting and init debuffs and that overpowered root makes it a hard fight not a oh 'MAs will always win' nonsense.
    Because capped aimed shot/ sneak attack / dimach and a regular attack rip through a crats ton of heals? O i forgot, we have none.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

An immobile MA is dangerous lol, ok. Do you mean ASing every 16 seconds? An AS that which doesn't usually cap on crats due to their crit reduction etc?

Anyhow, the original point is crat pets hurt and MAs are losing the ability to use both AS and SA.

Oh and yeah grm has landed on me even with uwos up more than I'd like. That's with 4k+ nr, it's not immunity, it's all probability.

Oh and also, it really all depends on the setup a MA has btw, as in how much root resist, nr, evades/AR and all that crap can vary a lot depending on what you choose and whether you wear a scope for 11s or LE HUDs etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Because capped aimed shot/ sneak attack / dimach and a regular attack rip through a crats ton of heals? O i forgot, we have none.
    Really, those things cap 100% on you? Nice, I dunno, maybe you should stop wearing a medsuit. And oh, using dimach? hahaha yeah yeah, using dimach is oh so very wise as a MA

Really, those things cap 100% on you? Nice, I dunno, maybe you should stop wearing a medsuit. And oh, using dimach? hahaha yeah yeah, using dimach is oh so very wise as a MA
    Did I say Cap 100%? I didn't. Can i evade them with all 3 evade perks up? No. So doesn't really matter what I wear (which is a full defensive setup.) And MA's dimach me all the time, its not like 220 ma's are stuck with a half hour dimach like everyone else.

So anyways, I don't think MA's need a nerf. I think these new nanos are very nice and will hopefully pull them away from needing to hotswap two things to be effective in pvp. Just don't say MA's are underpowered atm because i've seen these two hotswaps drop plenty of people almost instantly
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Oh great...because pet professions losing pets (running away at that + pathing and all it's joys) and taking more damage is fair when non pet professions only take more damage whilst having their own damage making capabilities left intact. I'm hoping this is just a lack of clarification.
    If there were no other changes I'd agree with you. Adding more cc to affect pets would be absolute insanity.
    Problem is we don't know what changes the pets will receive. It may be that Ma's do need this nano for balance if pets end up being very useful.

So this will end in one of two ways.
    Pets wont be improved much at all and this nano, combined with parry/ripost and aimshot nerf and a huge influx of pvp MA's make playing a pet prof pointless.

Or this is a signal that FC plans to fix pets in a way that a MA (a prof that already has good def and will see a huge increase in that area) Can't stand up to pets or survive while kiting them.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Did I say Cap 100%? I didn't. Can i evade them with all 3 evade perks up? No. So doesn't really matter what I wear (which is a full defensive setup.) And MA's dimach me all the time, its not like 220 ma's are stuck with a half hour dimach like everyone else.

So anyways, I don't think MA's need a nerf. I think these new nanos are very nice and will hopefully pull them away from needing to hotswap two things to be effective in pvp. Just don't say MA's are underpowered atm because i've seen these two hotswaps drop plenty of people almost instantly
    It's on a 9 min timer but it locks http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275018 for the same 9 minutes as well. So... it's kinda silly to use dimach when you can use that every 2 minutes.

MAs aren't underpowered much, but they are just really frustrating to play usually.

They can be great in duels I suppose, where you can freely just use dimach, flower, ES, hhab and all of the things with long ass recharges and where you don't have to worry abt kiting and stuff ~

It's on a 9 min timer but it locks http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275018 for the same 9 minutes as well. So... it's kinda silly to use dimach when you can use that every 2 minutes.

MAs aren't underpowered much, but they are just really frustrating to play usually.

They can be great in duels I suppose, where you can freely just use dimach, flower, ES, hhab and all of the things with long ass recharges and where you don't have to worry abt kiting and stuff ~
    You act as if pvper's use there brains and aren't all about the epeen 1 more death is 1 more death
    Secretly Clan

And if it works like current nemesis nanos, it can be casted over and over meaning potentially no pets the entire fight... I hope FC has at least thought it through enough to give it a lockout timer.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jul 21st, 2010 at 22:05:34.

Anyways, looks like it won't affect PvP gameplay that much. There won't be any pet prof players left to PvP with, so...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

overall the nano changes are kinda meh. No real buffs at all tbh. Longer duration is nice i suppose and being able to change dmg to mele will help ma's who wana stick with double shen sticks. Zazen probably wont end up being worth it in most situations and the doubled nano cost on our heal is kinda funny in itself.

As for the pet fear, I wouldnt worrie to much about that guys. It's probably gona end up with a 150% nr check and a 3 min lockout

All hail ma's! gods of the gimps!

Gee, stop the whining. Those changes are nice except for the high nanocost on our top heal. It's gonna make the fights shorter and possibly more dynamic. And I can't be against that. In fact I like it.
    The issue however is that other prof will be still able to spam their heals like madmen until their nanos get changed as well. Which is of course (not) gonna be soon(tm)*. Thus MA will be at huge disadvantage in long fights for soon(tm)* period of time.

*soon(tm)-->infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01
    overall the nano changes are kinda meh. No real buffs at all tbh. Longer duration is nice i suppose and being able to change dmg to mele will help ma's who wana stick with double shen sticks. Zazen probably wont end up being worth it in most situations and the doubled nano cost on our heal is kinda funny in itself.

As for the pet fear, I wouldnt worrie to much about that guys. It's probably gona end up with a 150% nr check and a 3 min lockout

All hail ma's! gods of the gimps!
    If I understood what Ange said, the cost on heal is "worst case scenario", so I guess it's safe to assume it will be lowered a bit before implementation. Moreover Zazen is supposed to come with a capped nanocost reduction.

However, one of the promise we were made by FC was that heals would get nerfed somehow, through lockouts/cooldowns and/or higher nanocost. MAs are perhaps the profession which needed the softest nerf on heals, at least compared with Advies or Docs, so for the sake of balance, let's just hope Advies' and Docs' heals will put comparatively even more strain on their nanopool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik
    The issue however is that other prof will be still able to spam their heals like madmen until their nanos get changed as well. Which is of course (not) gonna be soon(tm)*. Thus MA will be at huge disadvantage in long fights for soon(tm)* period of time.
    They will release the nano documentation one profession after another, but the changes will get implemented all at the same time, so no, MAs aren't gonna have to cope with "first served, first nerfed".
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    They will release the nano documentation one profession after another, but the changes will get implemented all at the same time, so no, MAs aren't gonna have to cope with "first served, first nerfed".
    Oh that's good to hear. Nevermind what I said then and let's wait for the other profs' changes.

And then start the whinefest!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Gee, stop the whining. Those changes are nice
    You mean the -650 MA?
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    You mean the -650 MA?
    I was speaking about nano changes. Zazen is new ability. Read the title.
    Besides it could be kinda nice if it's doesn't prevent us from using ES. However there're no futher details on that so there's no point at discussing that.

Gee, stop the whining. Those changes are nice...
    Its not that they arnt nice. It's more along the lines of them not being nice enough. Like I said in terms of pvp being able to change my dmg type to mele now is nice. I suppose the slight boost to ka is ok to. Im just worried that ma's will get very few buffs when compaired to other classes that we (or at least I) already have trouble with and post "balance" patch we (or again at least I) will have no hopes against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    If I understood what Ange said, the cost on heal is "worst case scenario", so I guess it's safe to assume it will be lowered a bit before implementation. Moreover Zazen is supposed to come with a capped nanocost reduction.

However, one of the promise we were made by FC was that heals would get nerfed somehow, through lockouts/cooldowns and/or higher nanocost. MAs are perhaps the profession which needed the softest nerf on heals, at least compared with Advies or Docs, so for the sake of balance, let's just hope Advies' and Docs' heals will put comparatively even more strain on their nanopool.
    Yea I saw the thread about the nanocost shortly after making that post. Still any sort of increase to its nano cost is kinda lame considering the amount it dose heal/is cabable of doing without nerfing yourself. I think every ma was expecting something like a 3-5s recharge on it.

Kinda chuckled at the idea of fc actualy nerfing advies for once though. Wouldn't be suprised if they took away nt tripples and gave them to advies in heal form.

MAs aren't gonna have to cope with "first served, first nerfed".
    I would certainly hope so.....

i like the changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by Leevon View Post
    i like the changes
    in themselves they arnt bad, but every one else is getting changes to and by looking at the keeper nano changes ma's just arnt going to be getting the buffage that every one else is meaning we are left with pve and thats about it.

Kipp00rs megathread for nano changes has more views than ours, even tho this has been on 1 week longer.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast