Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Keeper Nano Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    so death grip, eh? will they get army, too? ;D
    Call it cavilry, they summon a bunch of white nights on horses with lances and sheilds that run around doing 2k dmg and have about 8k AR.

Dont worrie about it to much though, they will be considerd pets and run straight for the first wall they can find im sure.

Whatever happened to Parry/Riposte support?

I seem to remember a FWM mentioning the revival of these mechanics but it doesn't seem to have come to fruition...
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Parry/Riposte was announced as part of the rebalancing effort yup - but you're unlikely to see that in a Nano Changes document.

Also, since it's a cross-profession change, I'd imagine the details of the parry/riposte changes will come out as a separate element rather than be included in these more specific documents.

X

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    1. reflects don't reduce damage on (over)capping hits.
    Actually they do it's just that you probably don't notice it. Easiest to see it when special cap its max in PvP.
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

Quote Originally Posted by Vetusleet View Post
    Actually they do it's just that you probably don't notice it. Easiest to see it when special cap its max in PvP.
    on my MA, I have say 22% reflects set up vs agent.

13% on graft
    7% on bracer
    2% on ring of sister pestilence

AgentX hits you for 4116 Aimed shot damage.

/me goes to check max HP

Max HP = 13720

13720*0.3= 4116 HP.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 4th, 2011 at 03:44:29.

Better yet, or worse yet, how about a soldier running AMS and:

AgentXX hits you for 6300 Aimed shot damage.

RIGHT THROUGH AMS. Sure, reflects are working. Better recheck your numbers.
    Umm, no. Even AMS I is 77% reflect. 13000*(1-0,77)=2990. AS won't hit for more than this. Unless, of course you had something like Borrow Reflect or Null Space Disruptor running.

Though, say you have a level 150 soldier with 10k HP and TMS X which is 75% reflect. Capped AS will cap on HP too, since 13000*(1-0,25)=3250. PvP damage caps mean that a 30% capped hit will be 3k HP, and this is accomplished here.

I'd like to say, would you kindly recheck your numbers. Even on an enfo with 60k HP and Bio Shielding perked to the max (2% reflect) AS won't hit for 13k damage, it will hit for 12740. On your MA, you either need a crapton more reflects, or HP, or both to notice the effect.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Parry/Riposte was announced as part of the rebalancing effort yup - but you're unlikely to see that in a Nano Changes document.

Also, since it's a cross-profession change, I'd imagine the details of the parry/riposte changes will come out as a separate element rather than be included in these more specific documents.

X
    True, but I was hoping to see some more Keeper-specific parry/riposte support in the form of nano's (possibly rather than sneak attack, since we have no reason to drop IP into SA for anything other than that new attack).
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

text
    try this way:

get an enf and a sold.
    take some of enfs AAD gear off.
    Cast MUiB.
    Let sold FA enf.
    mess with reflect now and repeat previous step.
    profit

Reflect do work, I've seen my share of 14550 dmg hits with 3% reflect from bio shielding. This is however hard to notice if you are not on toon with 60k HP and bad defense :P

Apologies for offtopic, nano changes seem nice
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

Quote Originally Posted by Vetusleet View Post
    try this way:

get an enf and a sold.
    take some of enfs AAD gear off.
    Cast MUiB.
    Let sold FA enf.
    mess with reflect now and repeat previous step.
    profit

Reflect do work, I've seen my share of 14550 dmg hits with 3% reflect from bio shielding. This is however hard to notice if you are not on toon with 60k HP and bad defense :P

Apologies for offtopic, nano changes seem nice
    I tested this and it's correct. This is a serious annoyance though because it means that reflects on any toon with less than

13000/0.3 = 43k HP vs agent

or

15000/0.3 =45k HP vs sold won't really benefit from reflects vs capped hits.

hmm. on another note, this also means that the ideal HP for an enforcer is likely to be 45k HP, because it's this HP which will always benefit the most from any active reflects while maintaining the minimum amount of HP to be able to re-heal with limited healing capacity.

sux ass for most other profs though.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 8th, 2011 at 08:20:04.

Nice to revisit and correct yourself after a year..

Reflect is massively effective, even if you can still get hit for 30% of your HP. The sheer number of capped hits is drastically reduced by having it, at least.. it is still by far the single best buff of the game.

Well perhaps 7x blockers is better.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Bump, where is keeper love? once agein other professions gets attention insted of the worst profession ingame. its realy frustrateing to play a game and watch dev's let the bad stay bad and the good stay good.

cant funcom please give keepers some real love and bring em upp from the worst to a more balanced profession?
    there is barly keepers left becose of this, they are only logged when 12m is when someone needs a keep and they are logged off.

a start from my point of view is to open upp all nano auras to stack with eachother. and even then not a balanced one but a very good start.

yeah yeah 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    we've discussed adding in new extensions to the Wrath/Fury lines, however we will most likely be doing this *outside* of the current Rebalancing work and adding them in at a later date as content rewards and such.

And that's the biggest notes, I believe. Genele and myself will be around and may pop in to answer a few questions if we feel the need. Otherwise, enjoy pouring over the information. =)

Looking back at my posts in thread is nothing short of depressing.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Nice necro, another batch of empty promises gogo funcom!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123