Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crat Def

They don't have 45% check roots, they don't have nukes, they don't have pets, they don't have init debuffs, they don't have fears, they're different and have different stuff and toolsets.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    No I thought the point of thread was WAAAAAAAH WE CAN BE PERKED BY SOMETHING UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES WAAAAH MOAR AAD PLX

Fixers have init debuffs, nukes, pistol perks, pets, and AoE fears too...

...right?

Stop comparing clearly different professions with clearly different tools.
    Int debuffs effect capped specials in pvp? Nope
    Our pets with 2500 ar are a threat to most? Nope
    We have nukes. And pistol perks. But not everyone goes css and uses lolshot and instead go in defensive direction.
    Different setups.
    Silly notcrattey
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They don't have 45% check roots, they don't have nukes, they don't have pets, they don't have init debuffs, they don't have fears, they're different and have different stuff and toolsets.
    fixers also can't be rooted
    have meep
    more runspeed
    more evades
    heals
    and a real alpha

sounds pretty good to me
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    We have nukes. And pistol perks. But not everyone goes css and uses lolshot and instead go in defensive direction.
    Different setups.
    Silly notcrattey
    Then clearly this is your OWN decision, you CHOSE to use a less effective route in pvp. Just like how my shade went HP, I accept the downsides to my decision, now shut up and switch if you can't take it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

have meep
    LAWL

more runspeed
    Sadly this doesn't mean that much anymore.

more evades
    Granted, but so what?

heals
    Different toolset than yours, what are you whining about?

and a real alpha
    Real alpha? I sure haven't felt it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They have 65% checking aoe snares, they have FA instead of nukes, their damage doesn't get lost/hump walls/1 inch floor rises, init debuffs don't affect specials, they can get away from any situation at capped runspeed. On the subject of def ratings and survivability, fixers do it better. Offense is debatable, but I'd say fixers have better alpha capability (especially on high hp targets) but crats have more damage over time.

LAWL

Sadly this doesn't mean that much anymore.

Granted, but so what?

Different toolset than yours, what are you whining about?

Real alpha? I sure haven't felt it.
    Say hi to flavio on rk1
    Secretly Clan

Then clearly this is your OWN decision, you CHOSE to use a less effective route in pvp. Just like how my shade went HP, I accept the downsides to my decision, now shut up and switch if you can't take it.
    I chose to go defensive setup.
    going offensive would only get me perked more.
    simple logic my dear crattey
    Secretly Clan

I chose to go defensive setup.
    going offensive would only get me perked more.
    simple logic my dear crattey
    But an offensive setup would apply the pressure more and get rid of the attacker much faster. And it's not as if an offensive setup is even that horrible defensive-wise. I know racatii was boasting 3700 def with a VE instead of the defensive LE hud.

Edit fixed number
    Last edited by notcrattey; Jul 27th, 2010 at 18:18:43.

But an offensive setup would apply the pressure more and get rid of the attacker much faster. And it's not as if an offensive setup is even that horrible defensive-wise. I know racatii was boasting 3700 def with a VE instead of the defensive LE hud.

Edit fixed number
    I approximately have 3842 dodge static def/ 3827 evade.
    Not everyone feels the need to epeen it up in pvp for max kills, some prefer to support / troll. So if we decide to go evades, let us have that option.

edit: pretty sure rac had towers
    Secretly Clan

I approximately have 3842 dodge static def/ 3827 evade.
    Not everyone feels the need to epeen it up in pvp for max kills, some prefer to support / troll. So if we decide to go evades, let us have that option.
    Toolsets are being reworked in the great re-balance, so why whine about it now?

edit: pretty sure rac had towers
    Towers are the same as any piece of equipment. Besides you were talking about endgame right? well that's quite endgame.

Towers are the same as any piece of equipment. Besides you were talking about endgame right? well that's quite endgame.
    ill go reroll clan now
    Secretly Clan

I like how this thread is full of crap, and despise the odors, /popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Implying I didn't give up on this stupid roundabout discussion where one crat wants a huge buff to his defensive capabilities which are already more than ample.
    Please elaborate, how ample is that defensive capability? Compare it to fixer's, MA's & advi's, please just do it to entertain me. I like being kept entertained. & you seem to have alot to say on the matter. I'm just giving you the opportunity to show off that great knowledge of yours, that has still to be shown. Praise me.
    BTW notcrattey, you are really high.
    Last edited by ragerayden; Jul 27th, 2010 at 20:47:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    Please elaborate, how ample is that defensive capability? Compare it to fixer's, MA's & advi's, please just do it to entertain me. I like being kept entertained. & you seem to have alot to say on the matter. I'm just giving you the opportunity to show off that great knowledge of yours, that has still to be shown. Praise me.
    BTW notcrattey, you are really high.
    If you would have bothered to read the thread you would know the answer to this. But as your obviously incapable of such a feat here it is for you.

Crats are known to be unperkable to all but a few High AR profs. Even highly regarded and skilled PvP Crats have said there is nothing wrong with the current state of the Crat.

This thread is simply an over-zealous attempt to make Crat defense even more harder to breach for Low/Mid AR profs. If you want to be godlike, roll a damn Advy.

As for the AI perks comment because it factors AAO along with AR. Not everyone is bouncing around in full CSS/CM. Using that as the basis for a reason to be given an insane buff to a toolset that already has a very high level of defense is nothing short of lunacy.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

What bothers me the most throughout this Thread is that a few Crats are complaining about being perkable by a few Professions as if it didn't make sense because those Crats were using a defensive gear. Just like all the people that could perk you (not so many at all, actually) didn't have to sacrifice several things in order to reach a high enough AR to perk you, right ? Sometimes it doesn't even suffice, sometimes they need things that don't entirely depend of them, like Enforcers. Okay, their procs may land quite often, but still, right, they may last long enough to get rid off you, but still. It's not immediate. You must acknowledge that. I know about low check damage Perks you cannot outheal on a Crat, it's silly. True.

Something else about these Professions, you act as if they wouldn't get burnt badly by other Professions they may encounter in BS, for example, just because they chose to be AR oriented (and are actually fine with it).

Okay, Bureaucrats need something concerning their defense. It's not Evades, it's not AAD. I don't know what it is, it could very well be some absorbs/reflects, maybe a Healing Perk, I just don't know, but something that would make them less sensible to unavoidable special attacks and so on, something else than pure evasive skills. Something like survival skills.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

it's not only bothersome, it's stupid. Like ANYONE in this game should have so many evades that only AS and SA should land on them? That's just crap game design and if crats can't recognize how much that approach HURTS the FC's ability to give crats improvements in their defense, that's a shame, because it's a hugely significant factor.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

So it's only stupid if crats are unperkable (mostly), and completely fine that every other evade profession has healing in addition to being unperkable. Fixers have CC, healing, and are unperkable, it's fine. Shades, adv's, and MA's have more healing AND more damage than crats, and it's still fine. I fail to see the logic? Or are we all complaining about evades in general?

So if crats get 300-400 more aad, they suddenly become invincible? Tell that to fixers.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jul 27th, 2010 at 22:38:16.

You got the point. I'm glad.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Crats are known to be unperkable to all but a few High AR profs. Even highly regarded and skilled PvP Crats have said there is nothing wrong with the current state of the Crat.
    Wrong, it is funny considering your asking me to read again the different posts on this thread.

As for the AI perks comment because it factors AAO along with AR. Not everyone is bouncing around in full CSS/CM. Using that as the basis for a reason to be given an insane buff to a toolset that already has a very high level of defense is nothing short of lunacy.
    Actually every average/successful crat is running with one but let's forget about tht comment.
    But what you don't understand is that crat user's & your so called skilled PvP crats take into account CS/CSS when defining crat's state AND THAT is a huge flaw in your logic. Because if you remove that AI armor set, crat is at the very bottom along with engis. Which considering YOUR logic means we need a hell lot more AAD(or anything else).

Funny how some can twist their mind to make themselves believe they are right.

Then people tend to forget about specials, regular hits, nukes, dots & crat's lack of healing when talking about being able to perk a crat.
    Last edited by ragerayden; Jul 27th, 2010 at 23:25:09.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast