Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trader drains Please fix

Quote Originally Posted by Agreement View Post
    Almost no impact in PvP in the trader's target since plunder lands rarely (that's why traders love so much pets and lowbies in BS).

Big impact for the trader's AR and nano skills (less nano skills > moar resists, and we sure get a lot of that already, more than you can imagine)
    And a nice PvM nerf.
    So...

People should stop looking at stats, spreadsheets and all the theoretical stuff and start playing the game.
    Personally, I never complain about other professions because I didn't/barely played those professions, and I don't feel able to make a decent complain.
    You people think you know the game and all the prof but no, you don't!
    Of course you can have good ideas but most of the time it's just senseless whine.
    In regards to the original post, hes not losing 1500 AR through just a divest.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    In regards to the original post, hes not losing 1500 AR through just a divest.
    In a duel duh!

Also remember that the trader is using almost endgame drains + endgame AAD/AAO drains, and one research, that's a design flaw, not an excuse for "let's remove plunder and extend coporate hurr hurr hurr"

Funny stuff: remember the south park episode "Cartoon Wars"?
    Well here it's the same deal, if they balance somehow the trader's drains at lower lvl, they will pretty much have to do all the other OPed class, as people will keep whining.

Sorry but all your (not you, everybody) whiney posts begin to annoy me (I'm half joking actually, It's a pretty good entertainment)

*popcorn*

Again: PS: Twinks asking for balance, that's quite ironic.

meh

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Increase the power of Plunder and Divest, change Divest to nanoskill draining only and Plunder to weaponskills only, increase duration on AAD/AAO drains and make them generally more available across the levels and more usable, top it off with a general root fix and it's done.
    This seems like a really nice idea, BUT, it wont change much as long as drains dont drain special attacks :/
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

In the end traders will always have the drains to piss on your cereals. You will always hate them. You can even get banned when you annoy enough angry clamlets with AoE roots and drains .TL5 trader in best possible gear will get killed regularly by any other good twink. If you have the gear and you can't keel traders, look in the mirror. I have been/and will be owned by enfos, advies, agents, shades, soljas, docs, ma's , engies, NT's, fixers, keepers (yes wtf?!), MP's (not so often), crats, another traders(not so often 1v1). Did I miss something. Probably.

I'd also like to point out that the profession itself is not easy. I hope that I revived some emo.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I also got fed up with OP drains at title 5 BS. The solution for me: Mimic Trader and drain the traders + alpha = ftw.

I have much more fun now than i had before when i were mimic doc or enf.

We are meant to work extremely well if no one "bothers" us while we're workin' our mojo. If no one is around and we can land 3-4 nanos uninterrupted, you will become a shell of your former self as per the profession description.

Throw a curveball our way via a second PVPer and we fall down. That's how we work
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    We are meant to work extremely well if no one "bothers" us while we're workin' our mojo. If no one is around and we can land 3-4 nanos uninterrupted, you will become a shell of your former self as per the profession description.

Okay. Fine. Lets use the 9 yo class descriptions to excuse ridiculously overpowered things ig. You can keep the ability to do just the stuff you describe.

But.. where does it say traders should get the second best AS IG?

That's right, it doesnt say that anywhere. So lets remove the silverback and let you guys have fun draining and watching ppl stand around.

The soldier description says that soldiers are partly invulnerable. It doesnt say anything about other classes being able to bypass our shields. So I hereby I demand that all those classes get nerfed, because of what the 9 yo class decsription says
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jul 27th, 2010 at 16:46:32.

Wherever did I say that AimedShot was also part of our profession description, or support it as a facet of the Trader toolset? If you want my opinion of it I'd love to see it replaced with a D. Matrix-style huge health drain (going off of Bloodletting or Alchemist DOTs).

You bring up an interesting point, however - AimedShot is required for us to do any sort of stopping damage, especially against targets with strong reflects. Most of this stems from having a Shotgun that does Chemical damage and has a rather low minimum damage, having Projectile-damage perks, and Melee damage Accumulator procs, (and if I remember correctly, melee damage Reap Life perk). An improvement on that, and I will dully welcome a move away from the special.

Getting back to drains - I understand how strong our drains are, and perhaps their duration is rather extreme, but you have to understand that's what our profession is all about. We're subpar performers undrained, but once we get our engine going we're built to fight until someone catches us offguard. Are there problems with our toolset? I won't say they aren't, but I'm not willing to see our drains get neutered just because it does the job.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

TL7 the root and runspeed changes should bring traders more inline with other professions. Half the OPness of traders is the fact you can't get to them before they drain you completely 1v1.

The proc drain should be added to virus scanners and I imagine funcom will shorten the time drains last on a player (this seems to be the direction they are going with debuffs)

Specials...this will be trickier. I agree not draining specials leaves the trader pretty open. Before traders were so op they couldn't get any sympathy here (understandable) After some of these changes it might be worth funcom looking into but there are some problems. As it stands not draining specials is the only check on traders equipping some high weapons. If they did add specials to drains I would think they could only add it to the drained person and not have the drain boost the traders specials. Otherwise traders would run around at lower levels capping specials left and right.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

Tbh, I think the reliance on drains is just stupid. When coming across a trader in pvp, you either alpha it and move on with your life or you sit there rooted and drained and die a slow and horrible death. If trader is undrained, he's useless. If the trader drains me, I'm useless. Oh boy.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    This seems like a really nice idea, BUT, it wont change much as long as drains dont drain special attacks :/
    I mean... I don't see much of a reason to drain specials. At least, not with a 3 minute duration. Lower that to around 1 to 1.5 minutes and it's a fair request.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I mean... I don't see much of a reason to drain specials. At least, not with a 3 minute duration. Lower that to around 1 to 1.5 minutes and it's a fair request.
    I wouldnt mind it being 1.5, but tbh would that change anything at all?
    The 1.5 min fights rarely happen tbh, and if its out of fight, VS?

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

I wouldnt mind it being 1.5, but tbh would that change anything at all?
    The 1.5 min fights rarely happen tbh, and if its out of fight, VS?
    It matters when we are talking about annoying players like myself. I tend to drain my target and keep aggro as long as possible in BS. Just for the emorage it generates<3 Docs do the same with ubt
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

nanites should be level locked to 175 imo.

but to show you how much these devs give a shiz, they keep giving traders the best new stuff in the game. as if they weren't OP enough already, they give them shutdown skills, BR, and additional aad/aao drains, o and a heal that's more like a freakin nuke. next they'll probably get CH.
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:28:59.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

You want a way to kill a trader at tl5 ... Perk NR 2, cast a lower level TMS and alpha ..
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

in the "problematic" of 1 TL5 trader holding x TL5 and draining them all ; the problem comes from the AoE root more than from the drains.
    Roots is long duration, refreshable faster than it can be removed, and allows you to root people out of sight (target of the AoE is on sight, but the AoE is centered on him, and reach people you dont see)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    but to show you how much these devs give a shiz, they keep giving traders the best new stuff in the game. as if they weren't OP enough already, they give them shutdown skills, BR, and additional aad/aao drains, o and a heal that's more like a freakin nuke. next they'll probably get CH.
    o0
    Can i buy some pot from you?

o0
    Can i buy some pot from you?
    get your own!

I have a trader, I know how OP they are, k
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

150 trader....ahem...

Eh... traders aren't all that bad, if I counter their initial drain they die 95% of the time, and if they aren't attacking me but drain me, I can just do what any person with a brain does (or should do) ie use a virus scanner.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast