Thread: Question about balancing.

Question about balancing.

I've read many posts about unbalanced pvp.

If any changes are made, are they made only for pvp?
    Say my heal spell heals too much and someone complains "I can't kill him, he heals himself /cry"
    And the devs turn around and lowers my heal.
    Now I have a lower healing spell to aid my friends in PVM?

If so, then this is a dangerous road... many of you know what happend to WoW when they started doing that.

These changes are more about "profession rebalancing" than "PvP balancing". At least that's the feeling I have of it. Not all changes are made with PvP in mind and FC is keeping an eye on the PvM aspects of things.

I have heard people at FC comment on such things. For example how nanocost and such will work for docs in PvM. I think it was Means who said that docs will run out of nano IF they aren't keeping an eye on their nano-bar and refilling it with the means at their disposal whenever they can. Something to that effect. Also stuff like CC-tools possibly having different effects in PVP and PvM so one don't ruin the other. Stuff that shows they are mindful of both sides of the fence.

I have no idea how this all will turn out but I'm pretty sure FC isn't designing these changes only with PvP in mind and forgetting about PvM in the process.

Besides, these changes will all go through test server and such first and I'm sure all changes will be up for discussion both before and after they hit live. So I doubt any gamebreaking changes will end up ruining PvM for any class. At least not for long.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:48:43.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

yeah, we hope FC will balance the balancing.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Good to hear.

ty all for replying.