Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: I callem "Uns"

Quote Originally Posted by peepeebedee View Post
    got some proof this isn't an exsploit if you really wanna know, contact me ingame sometime.
    It's not an exploit.. as of yet..

Not more an exploit than soldiers with SMG/FA/AS/burst/fling.

It's something that might be changed later.. I hope not. But it's not an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Enilias View Post
    Or have the Bio Shielding action require that Acrobat is not trained and Acrobat to require that Bio Shielding is not trained? That way adventurers can still choose which one they want, but never have both.

yet again, bump
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

@ppl saying 1HE/1HB simultaneous perking is okay : lol ! they were "supposed" to lock each other from scratch. summon "game mechanics" if you want but i'm still saying that's a serious sploit needing fix for very long time.

& in a larger scale i'm thinking this was the kind of unbalancement that "justified" multiplication of access to specials for a lot of professions (aka : crazy duals, senseless swaps) that made AO PVP 80% alpha oriented & totally out of control + justifying big amount of heals.

they said they wanted to spread the damages, reduce the importance of healing and balance OPed classes. i think 1HE/1HB & AS/FA (& also Acro/Bio) each other lockout is part of this necessary normalization. that's why i'm staying 2HE on my enfo, preparing to reset AS on my fixer, & hoping advies will be balanced well too.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    @ppl saying 1HE/1HB simultaneous perking is okay : lol ! they were "supposed" to lock each other from scratch. summon "game mechanics" if you want but i'm still saying that's a serious sploit needing fix for very long time.
    Technically true. I inquired about it 8 month ago and received the following answer :

Quote Originally Posted by Genele
    Thank you for your feedback.

We are aware of this, it was an attempt to prevent enforcers becoming too powerful before all of the balance changes came out. As you have noticed, the lockout didn't work properly. I figured it out when it got to test live, but we had no way of fixing it without code support so it stayed like this to at least make it inconvenient to perk both lines.

In the future when we make the balance patch, this lockout will probably be removed.

Cheers,

Genele
    So I guess it's not intended, but that they just dropped it, considering the balancing would remove the need for a fix anyway.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by peepeebedee View Post
    got some proof this isn't an exsploit if you really wanna know, contact me ingame sometime.
    you are right for now, but the way it works (as in the mechanics behind it) smells like one, I just doubt both 1he / 1hb perklines were intended to be used the way it's being used by most of it's users now, no offense or hate towards Enforces in particular. In fact, many old and experienced Enforcers agree with me that it should be branded as an exploit.
    Unlimited "Millerna" Rifleworks (220 / 30 / 70) Agent

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567