Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I callem "Uns"

[QUOTE=Kinkstaah;5839867]

Bio Coccoon and DOF/Limber need to lock each other out.
    QUOTE]

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

She's also very bitter about all these FOTM ranged users, having being ranged since day one.
    Tell her I said bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Make morphs only apply if using melee (or make them nerf pistol skill by -5000)

Would make advs reasonably balanced, and balance out melee/ranged advy worries. (somewhat)
    And what would the GF say about THAT?
    (De-bump)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

sorry guys, I'm missing something..

you know an advy that hits cocoon..and DOF/Limber at the same time? me neither, so why the lock?

Unless you mean a 30 min lock that is.

I'm puzzled.

make bio cocoon and evade perks lock each other out

that way the advy can only perk one of them every 60 seconds
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    sorry guys, I'm missing something..

you know an advy that hits cocoon..and DOF/Limber at the same time? me neither, so why the lock?

Unless you mean a 30 min lock that is.

I'm puzzled.
    As a soldier I'd love that change. It would mean that in 1 vs 1 situations I might stand a small chance to beat the advie once dof is out.

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    make bio cocoon and evade perks lock each other out
    that way the advy can only perk one of them every 60 seconds
    that's what they do already one after the other.
    what we ask is that they can't put perk points in both lines at the same time : they'll have to choose being wether evader or absorber, not both as now because that + heal, unroot/snarability and over decent DD (esp. 11 sec AS) is making advy so unbalanced to other profession that it's senseless.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    that's what they do already one after the other.
    what we ask is that they can't put perk points in both lines at the same time : they'll have to choose being wether evader or absorber, not both as now because that + heal, unroot/snarability and over decent DD (esp. 11 sec AS) is making advy so unbalanced to other profession that it's senseless.
    I think what ppl means is that they shouldn't be able to stack them.

Like.. When an adv runs into a large group in bs, pops coon, dof, bio regrowth. Caps and gets away. Making it so they won't stack would make it a bit harder for the adv.

I really doubt they use both dof and limber at the same time unless they're capping a point or something, what it irritating is when they are in limber and they are possibly perkable, they can just hit coon while in limber and just absorb everything.

But I feel the best solution is to give them a half assed version of acrobat and biosheilding.

So make their dof +400 and their limber +100 and their coon 5k or something.

Or have the Bio Shielding action require that Acrobat is not trained and Acrobat to require that Bio Shielding is not trained? That way adventurers can still choose which one they want, but never have both.
    Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

Irna - RK1 - Doctor

If they're not cycling evades while running coon they're stupid perkable by shades.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enilias View Post
    Or have the Bio Shielding action require that Acrobat is not trained and Acrobat to require that Bio Shielding is not trained? That way adventurers can still choose which one they want, but never have both.
    He's in no way the first person to suggest this, but I still see this as the only solution that is acceptable.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

bump ^^

that's what i precognized too. or if "not trained" at least "not running" -if they can prevent people to double perk like for 1HE/1HB actions supposely non-stackable but wich almost all PVP enfos know how-to sploit.

theres a non extreme way to solve this problem.

adventurerers are supposed to be jack of all trades, master of none.

so make advys unable to perk completely in bio cocoon or dof/limber.

this is similar to how soldiers can only perk halfway into shotgun and rifle perks.

otherwise make coon and evade perks unstackable and lock each other out on a timer, like 1he and 1hb perks for enforcers.
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Aug 20th, 2010 at 03:03:39.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

this is similar to how soldiers can only perk halfway into shotgun and rifle perks.

"could" only perk halfway. FC is doing away without a lot of norms with the various perklines, and the majority of those is partial perkline access.

Either way, if Cocoon and Limber/DoF locked each other out from use, I would simply use those large number of bio shielding perks elsewhere and still be difficult to kill. My tl5 even unperks the line completely so that I can use SD4, NR1, and Freak str1 which proved to be far more useful on BS and tower wars in both offense and defense. Cocoon certainly helps when several attackers are trying to gang up on me, but my better option will always be to run away.

I say wait for some adventurer nano doc, see what happens with their healing. After that, we can decide what would be more necessary in regards to nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    "could" only perk halfway (...) see what happens with their healing. After that, we can decide what would be more necessary in regards to nerfs.
    after second thought, i think the lines shouldn't be modified on how they can be trained or it would be a mess to PR all advies at patching, and kill the freedom to evade or absorb.
    the best fix is make actions lock each other, and hope the heals are balanced to what necessary to make advies equal to most other professions in PVP, and no nerf in PVM.
    hard work for FC ...

make coon and evade perks unstackable and lock each other out on a timer, like 1he and 1hb perks for enforcers.
    1HE/1HB sploit is still not fixed though ... wtb real locks from charging time !

Though I totally agree coon+acrobat+heals is way over the top, I see a problem with locking a perkline from being perked if another perkline is perked already.

Considering only profession and group perklines, advies have access to 10 SL perklines, for a total of 67 perk points. Like everyone else, a 220 advie has 40 SL perk points to distribute.

Choosing a fighting style (ranged or melee) disqualify the perks of the other style.
    Lighstalker+Pistol mastery = 16 perks
    Shadowstalker+1HE mastery = 16 perks.
    So once the style is chosen, a 220 advie is left with 24 free perks for 35 slots (more if he considers using some general perks ofc)

Now if Acrobat and Bioshielding can't be perked at the same time, what would I expect an advie to perk for a PvP setup? I would say Acrobat.
    He's still left with 20 perks to spread over... 21 slots.
    Mountaineering only requiring 4 out of 5 perks to yield all its specials, we're looking at a profession with the potential to get to use every non-locked specials of its prof/group perklines. It's a bit early to tell if it would actually happen, but in the absence of the General perkline balance documentation, it is a possibility.

Adventurers are already the profession with the most "no brainer" perk allocation, I'm not sure it needs to be pushed in that direction.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

after second thought, i think the lines shouldn't be modified on how they can be trained or it would be a mess to PR all advies at patching, and kill the freedom to evade or absorb.
    the best fix is make actions lock each other, and hope the heals are balanced to what necessary to make advies equal to most other professions in PVP, and no nerf in PVM.
    hard work for FC ...

1HE/1HB sploit is still not fixed though ... wtb real locks from charging time !
    A bit less freedom might be called for, if not the perklines locking eachother then at least Bio Shielding actions casting an "Absorb focus" nano and Acrobat actions casting an "Evade focus" nano, with a duration of 10 minutes or so. This would give adventurers a bit more freedom.
    Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

Irna - RK1 - Doctor

They are fixing that ... they are removing the locks. It never was an exploit either.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 20th, 2010 at 14:41:51.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Is this the one that people keep ranting about because someone uses both 1HB and 1HE and has access to 2 sets of perks that lock different lines?

Unless its more complicated than that, Im not really seeing the problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    They are fixing that ... they are removing the locks.
    Good solution.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

got some proof this isn't an exsploit if you really wanna know, contact me ingame sometime.
    Proud President of The Leviathan Movement, Behe's Outside Bor Basic
    The Leviathan Movement
    Peepeebedee(current General PVP setup)
    Peepeebedee(current Damage Dealing setup)
    Obifist
    My Youtube'z

The New World..

Needs A New Siggy

Here's your reminder about the difference between a GM and an ARK - <3 Anarrina

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast