Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nano cost reduction idea - from OSB into auras

Nano cost reduction idea - from OSB into auras

So, as the general trend in the nano changes seems to be raising the nano cost on a lot of nanos that are cast in combat, how about making it so that these changes cannot be circumvented, or their effect reduced, by the use of outside buffs.

This means making MP/NT cost reduction buffs into an aura, that pulsates to team members. This way, one wouldn't have 2 hours worth of cost reduction any time they run into a friendly MP (though I hear those can be in short supply anyway ).

Consequences would be, at first glance, the following:

• Some professions (docs) can already have capped cost in their equips. They would not be affected.
    • Nano cost would become a more important factor to consider in equips, due to not being able to get OSB.
    • PvM team desirability of MP and NT, and even trader / keeper (nano auras) might be increased, depending on nano cost changes of professions. Even PvP teaming might be encouraged.
    • Low level traders might be slightly affected by this in a negative fashion, since I believe currently it is more effective to twink NCU rather than a CPU upgrade.

Now, obviously MP heal pets would need either increased nano, or MPs would need a pet-only cost buff in order to circumvent negative effects on their heal pet.

Personally, my main would be adversely affected by this, particularly since I believe adv heals are going to get a beating in the nano cost department. However, I think it could be for the greater good.

Opinions please.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Hmmm...interesting idea.
    Not sure how i feel about it yet, kind of need for a brainstorm here, tho i got just 1 thing that came to my mind:
    Making traders equip HCPU wouldnt really change the OPness of lowbie traders all that much.
    The problem is that they can stack up all drains, lowering avilable amount of NCU would only make them resign from 2~3 OSB's. Not much of a change here imo.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    i got just 1 thing that came to my mind:
    Making traders equip HCPU wouldnt really change the OPness of lowbie traders all that much.
    The problem is that they can stack up all drains, lowering avilable amount of NCU would only make them resign from 2~3 OSB's. Not much of a change here imo.
    Thanks for the input - still, as said the trader thing was meant to be sort of a secondary effect. My org mate with a 45ish trader was cursing one day that he'd equipped a HCPU instead of another NCU... and even though the effect is probably small, it's all for the better, yes?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

It's a pretty good idea.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

sounds good, bump
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    and even though the effect is probably small, it's all for the better, yes?
    Its not that the effect is small, its that, imo, its a nerf through the wrong way?
    Heck, much more of an annoyance rather than an actual nerf, the thing that makes traders so OPed at low lvls is the hardly finite stackability of drains.

Moving from NCU to HCPU would most probably make them less OP in long fights or fights vs multiple targets, yes, but i believe its not quite the way.
    Might be wrong, but id say ppl will still QQ on forums 'bout it

What id be afraid of is the problems that it'd create in PvM for lvling traders.

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

reducing lowbi trader's NCU will make them more alphable...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I would have waited for more nano changes to be announced before suggesting this. But why not.

If the ncu cost of the team part is ~1 like most auras, all my non-nanoregenerating character will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    • PvM team desirability of MP and NT, and even trader / keeper (nano auras) might be increased, depending on nano cost changes of professions. Even PvP teaming might be encouraged.
    And hopefully, it will help crats getting teams too, with their nanodelta buff that gives nearly twice the amount PNH does as long as you have the 2s nanodelta.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    And hopefully, it will help crats getting teams too
    Not like crats have problems with finding teams

it sounded like sarcasm

A good suggestion, I have always liked the aura idea too.
    The addition of the SL runspeed auras to Agents is the one I use all the time, rather than GSF, as I do not have to buff the team all the time, though it has a shorter duration.

Combined with the nanocost changes teaming up with support professions will be more valuable and make teamed PVP more balanced.
    Meaning that lone wolfs will have even less of a chance than they have today.
    -again, some will complain about that; wanting to be 1 man killing machines in an MMO.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

I would have waited for more nano changes to be announced before suggesting this. But why not.

If the ncu cost of the team part is ~1 like most auras, all my non-nanoregenerating character will love it.
    That's what I was thinking of. Sure, it'll be a concession to having more NCU available for those occasions but why not. Anyway, I wanted to bring this up before they bring out the initial MP&NT changes.

And hopefully, it will help crats getting teams too, with their nanodelta buff that gives nearly twice the amount PNH does as long as you have the 2s nanodelta.
    Good point... That one might have to be nerfed too
    Ranged roxxorz!

It's definitely more interesting to get sided auras for benefits as opposed to direct OSB's or even team-based buffs. The PVP mechanics would change ALOT. I don't think I have anything to say bad about the idea, other than it would require a hell of alot of work and may be a bit overpowering when you considering that you don't 'choose' them in your NCU ... could cause NCU havoc in PVP.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It's definitely more interesting to get sided auras for benefits as opposed to direct OSB's or even team-based buffs. The PVP mechanics would change ALOT. I don't think I have anything to say bad about the idea, other than it would require a hell of alot of work and may be a bit overpowering when you considering that you don't 'choose' them in your NCU ... could cause NCU havoc in PVP.
    Hmm, I didn't originally think they would be AOE friendly auras like Crat aura, but rather team auras like soldier / engi SL reflects. However, it's an interesting viewpoint, but on first look it would seem as the dynamic would shift to blobs even more if important buffs would be made friendly AOE.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Or choosing what blob you want to follow, given the fact that you likely can't have EVERY AOE buff in your limited NCU.

And also how rooting the right people will actually dictate the mobility of a whole group of people in PVP that want to take advantage of the AOE buffs.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I think this is a good idea, but then I run around with capped cost, not because of heals, but for Dot's. With increased heal cost + Dot's, doc's are gonna have to rethink tripple dot'ing everything in sight.

Under your idea, will PNH become an aura too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aniimate View Post
    Under your idea, will PNH become an aura too?
    Didn't really include that since at high levels at least, the effect of -24% cost is nearly in all situations much much greater than that of PNH. But ultimately I didn't think that one totally through yet.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Anything that makes NTs/MPs more desirable to teams sounds good to me
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

really like your idea, no more "pnh ior plx" and NTs will get more desired in med-level range.

Btw, how comes the holders of the source and masters of time and space dont have a gridding/gardenwarp nano?

I love it.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast