Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: schedule ???

schedule ???

This one goes out to means and his entire team........Is the game in maintainance mode, or do the Dev's actually have a plan in action ???....if so what is that plan, and when do you see it being implimented ???
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those that can count...and those that cannot.

Read the FWMs. There's a lot in the works.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Read the FWMs. There's a lot in the works.
    I think the OP asked about schedules and priorities.. not what's potentially planned, as of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    not what's potentially planned, as of this week.
    lol fell outta my chair, wouldn't this have been smart from the outset so instead of the daily/weekly are we there yet, there would be a nice shiny road map to point out where we are at in the process.. even then if dates were wrong (as they can be ;P) we'd still know where we are at in the big picture.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Yep Gaveup.. a nice roadmap, with priorities, and a potential schedule is all the OP is asking for, rightfully so.

The schedule can be wrong, we can understand that, but an overall planning and roadmap is brutally missing. At this point, I feel Rebalancing or the new noobie start-up areas were nice ideas of the past...won't even get into the new Engine.

Yep Gaveup.. a nice roadmap, with priorities, and a potential schedule is all the OP is asking for, rightfully so.

The schedule can be wrong, we can understand that, but an overall planning and roadmap is brutally missing. At this point, I feel Rebalancing or the new noobie start-up areas were nice ideas of the past...won't even get into the new Engine.
    But then balance discussion would be full of 'why are you fixing x first? Y is much more important'
    'I can belive you're buffing/nerfing x! y will be OP/UP now' etc

I was discussing this with an orgmate the other day, people are getting their hopes up way to much.
    Take, for examlpe Dr.Dre (Funcom), he wants to release an album (great rebalancing), its been a while since he last released an album and the longer he takes in releasing such album, the better his fans (me/you/other forumtards) expect it to be.

I just think people are in for a massive dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacs View Post
    But then balance discussion would be full of 'why are you fixing x first? Y is much more important'
    'I can belive you're buffing/nerfing x! y will be OP/UP now' etc

I was discussing this with an orgmate the other day, people are getting their hopes up way to much.
    Take, for examlpe Dr.Dre (Funcom), he wants to release an album (great rebalancing), its been a while since he last released an album and the longer he takes in releasing such album, the better his fans (me/you/other forumtards) expect it to be.

I just think people are in for a massive dissapointment.
    We're actually expecting all the rebalance changes to be part of the same patch, at some point in the future.

A roadmap, will help understand what's the big picture about what's coming up next in AO. Rebalancing being a "small" part of it, hopefully , the new start up area being a "major" part of it, and finally the new engine being the "big thing" we're all expecting at the end of the day.

PS there. I gave you a sense of priority .
    Last edited by Ocene; Aug 17th, 2010 at 13:12:52.

^^ seems i made a thread about this too

*vote*
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

Bro... I bet we can have pretty interesting and extremely long competition regarding what will hit live 1st - engine or rebalancing. I'm sure we can have a damn whole lot of cash on the stake pretty fast

Whatever... My prediction is that we'll get badass "RRR" event once something will hit live - Rebalancing-Rollback-Reroll.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Indeed Arty, all we're asking I think.. is... "what's the forest behind the tree".

I'm actually glad more posts pop about this topic. You might want to check out http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579950 as well as http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579977
    well i'm feeling sorry for those people aswell =)

they all want to know when it all will happens, fc promises us that and that, but...

when?

*silence*

c'mon?

*silence*

qq
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Whatever... My prediction is that we'll get badass "RRR" event once something will hit live - Rebalancing-Rollback-Reroll.
    REROLL?

BTW forgot to mention. You, like me, like a few other people with all those 220/30/70 maxed out toons, with full equip + alphas + everything else...

...yes us.

At the end of the day, people respect us, like they respect you, because despite all those toons that are amazing in fact, we always fought for our mains only.

You on your fixer, and me on my soldier and others on their mains.

I've known you since 2006, since you and I were together doing APFs to level up to AI30, way before LE came out.

We both leveled a gazillion of toons since, all impeccably staffed. But we never lost focus. Mains are the mains..our alts are support for our mains.

I'm saying all this because, even though we could be playing the favorite prof of the patch, we don't ...we care about our own profs..

We don't want to trash FC, we want to help them to understand where we're at.

And when there are issues we're kinda vocal about it. Nothing wrong, just a passion for us, to maintain our mains to a set standard.

Not sure what I wrote is worth anything.. it's just a state of feel, something that had to be said, and sadly isn't said enough.

Keep the passion going.

Smile

REROLL?

BTW forgot to mention. You, like me, like a few other people with all those 220/30/70 maxed out toons, with full equip + alphas + everything else...

...yes us.

At the end of the day, people respect us, like they respect you, because despite all those toons that are amazing in fact, we always fought for our mains only.

You on your fixer, and me on my soldier and others on their mains.

I've known you since 2006, since you and I were together doing APFs to level up to AI30, way before LE came out.

We both leveled a gazillion of toons since, all impeccably staffed. But we never lost focus. Mains are the mains..our alts are support for our mains.

I'm saying all this because, even though we could be playing the favorite prof of the patch, we don't ...we care about our own profs..

And when there are issues we're kinda vocal about it. Nothing wrong, just a passion for us, to maintain our mains to a set standard.

Not sure what I wrote is worth anything.. it's just a state of feel, something that had to be said, and sadly isn't said enough.

Keep the passion going.
    *sheds a tear*

Having a passion for your own profession and how you have built it and how you play it is good, but dont forget, and heres the kicker, not everyone does things the same way.

Being passionate and focused on something often leads to disappointment when something changes for the greater good, but adversely changes your own situation.

Just remember, sometimes you need to bend rather than just break.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I think it's pretty clear that they obviously have no schedule in mind, and that's too bad. I find it's hard to actually achieve goals without giving myself deadlines, and if how long this is taking is any evidence, so does FC.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Please stay on topic, any more counting down nonsense to derail the thread will not be tolerated.
    Coordinator Prevention
    Tours & Weddings Team - Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Social Guidelines

We're actually expecting all the rebalance changes to be part of the same patch, at some point in the future.
    The trader nano changes make me think otherwise. Seems as it will be step by step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacs View Post
    That of course would come up, but look at the current situation, that has been going on and as it is they are giving us this information a bit at a time, we just found out the next profs in line for new nano documentation this past Friday when we were expecting the enfo docs to be there. When it was said MA would be first there was exactly the reaction you described.

HOWEVER they are going to do all the professions, I'm not asking that they state when each will be looked at only that we know where in the over all "re-balancing" we are at, so we are currently on the nano phase is it on to items next or will there be further digging in the base abilities and breed characteristics such as HD/ND/%Cost Cap?
    TBH it might be best if your profession is done last you will have the most time to examine the others changes and be able to put forward feedback that will be relevant.

So far we have had Perk docs, Genome Docs, though we haven't been told what has been finalized or changed since those came out... (really nothing but a visual draw back to mongo rage?) now with a few professions having their nanos looked at and the changes that happened with MA having very minimal changes, what are the overall goals for this? This is where a general outline will let us know what's still to be done and HOPEFULLY allow us to give feed back in a timely manner so we aren't in the position 3 months after changes have been made. If we know what's coming we'll have time to address OUR concerns as players and financial support of a game we all enjoy. It just seems like Lost Eden syndrome, we have all these changes coming but without being shown what FC's overall agenda is we can't provide proper feedback for what the end result will be.

They have played the carrot on a stick game before and this time it's not working so well given how many org mates and friends I've said bye to over the last year of them just wanting to know this basic information of where are we headed. A few still ask from time to time so any new information on re-balance? or engine? Can't do much but laugh.

Ok my longest post ever, I like the game, I like my profession, I don't wanna be kept in the dark when I pay for 3-4 accounts.

On a side note, many professions can kill me, I can kill just as well... what is the goal of this re-balancing? All I see is whine.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

I just want some accountability.

It just seems like Lost Eden syndrome, we have all these changes coming but without being shown what FC's overall agenda is we can't provide proper feedback for what the end result will be.
    This is a valid issue. I think we have a bit of a 'broad-line' feel for where FC is going with the changes, so we can give some general feedback... but it's true that trying to give detail feedback on changes can be difficult when we simply don't know the total environment.

I'd say that the same thing is probably true for FC to an extent too. They know the broad lines they want to achieve and are producing detailed stuff that they think will go in the right direction. But they're probably keeping in mind that they need to actually see all of these changes working together in Beta before they can really tie things down.

End result is that our feedback tends to be shaped a bit conditionally.... so we can comment on the idea of MA stances or Keeper buff changes... but we can't necessarily agree on the actual numbers until we have a better view of other numbers involved. Or we might be able to comment on cool-downs on hostile nanos as more of those come out... but with the proviso that we can't be sure they're OK until we know how the NR budgets will end up or how resistance values will be changed.

It's not perfect but at least it's something and as long as the broad strokes are OK then a lot of fine tuning can be done in Beta.

X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast