Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Balance will end sooner or later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I don't think either of us can assess how long it takes to implement any of that. We don't know how their tools work, nor how much had to be changed in the spaghetti code to make it work.

I might have missed a notice somewhere, but last I read was that the PvP pf was considered being under testing on the live servers? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Oh ya, it's still being "tested"....much like how AO itself was still being "tested" on the live servers for the first 2 years after release. That's a piss-poor excuse and we both know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That's pathetic. What were you planning to do? Masterbate to it?
    Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Oh right, that person is YOU... Accountable for what? I have news for you, FC is acountable to only ONE group of people ... it's Investors and they aren't interested in some video that might have been, they are interested in returns on their investment. As much as you think you are that important, you aren't. If you want to be one of those people, buy some FC stock and vote. If you want to make some impact, quit the game. Until then, put away your illusions of granduer, climb down from that cloud, sit back and wait.
    FC is accountable to it's customers as well. We pay their salaries, or did you forget that's how a business works? I take it you don't like AO very much? You're aware that every single person matters at this point? Each time a person quits AO, that's 1 step closer to AO shutting down. Pull your head out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Do you think they could easily knock one out in an hour or two... but have decided not to, for some reason? Do you think they want to release a video, but just haven't bothered to do it, even though they've said they'd really like to get it out? Do you think they can't do it because they're not far enough in the development yet? Do you think they've got it there ready but the PR guys don't think it's good enough to release?
    I honestly do think they could get it done in an hour or two. They're able to show people the engine when they randomly show up to their offices, but not take a video and put it on the forums? It's pretty easy, you take a 5 min video, upload it to Filefront or YouTube or their own servers. Voila, done within an hour or two depending on how fast it uploads.

Releasing a video into the public domain is somewhat different to allowing a few visitors to see something. When you release stuff like that, it's going to be seen by a huge audience and will have a direct impact on how those people view the game and their interest in purchasing it or returning to it. It's also about meeting people's expectations about how much better the graphics will look... when the existing stuff they've got may not be well enough optimised to really show that.

It's not just a case of being able to produce video - it's a case of being able to produce video that shows how the game will look in the new engine and that will sell it well.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    FC is accountable to it's customers as well. We pay their salaries, or did you forget that's how a business works? I take it you don't like AO very much? You're aware that every single person matters at this point? Each time a person quits AO, that's 1 step closer to AO shutting down. Pull your head out of your ass.
    Sorry you got that a bit backwards. FC is only accountable to customers indirectly, for as long as it achieves the ROI it's investors expect for the AO product. If FC could achieve that with a minimum of resources, they will and guarenteed, they do. That is all. We are LUCKY FC keeps us informed as well as they do, given their minimal team. Again, AO made how much fraction of FC's profits over the past few years since AoC came out? You're being ignorant of the bigger picture here. FC is NOT treating there customers poorly, just because some fools are expecting to see videos that don't exist.

On the other hand, if 30 second videos of characters walking through grass is what it takes to shut fools up, I might be worth the trouble. Of course, fools find other things to cry about too so best to not bother really.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 20th, 2010 at 16:24:41.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Screw the video...

This is the unique game on the market where in order to achieve something you gotta think a bit.

You guys are sitting on a golden egg.

I don't care about the video...I care about new players..

Noobie Island ain't it.

You know what's the best noobie island ever?....it's AOC's

A full town available to you with all features (PVP, PVM, missions) until level 20.
    Last edited by Ocene; Aug 20th, 2010 at 16:13:58.

it sure looks like demoder got a free hat for being the devils advocate on forums,,, j/k

bump, we pay, we deserve to know - simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    You know what's the best noobie island ever?....it's AOC's

A full town available to you with all features (PVP, PVM, missions) until level 20.

agreed with that, tortage is just awesome ( even tho it got boring after repeating 30 times, gotta admit, its a perfect starting zone - wish the whole game was as polished as tortage, especially when it comes to npc's being mute 90% of the game outside tortage ), dozens of quest, white sands, underhalls, the ruins,,, and its all so f*ing beautifull
    Last edited by Insane666; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 15:26:46.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123