This is ofcourse my opnion

but i find, that there should be a deadline

Funcom is always saying 'coming soon'

i'm pretty tired of this, i would love a deadline for rebalancing,

same goes for the new engine =.=
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

Sure there will be a deadline, it will be released right after Duke nukem forever has been released.

Means and his staff are doing what they can, so keep cool and wait, that's all we can do

I'm actually glad more posts pop about this topic. You might want to check out http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579950 as well as http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579977

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I'm actually glad more posts pop about this topic. You might want to check out http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579950 as well as http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579977
    well i'm feeling sorry for those people aswell =)

they all want to know when it all will happens, fc promises us that and that, but...

when?

*silence*

c'mon?

*silence*

qq
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!

Quote Originally Posted by xtremsniper View Post
    when?

*silence*

c'mon?

*silence*

qq
    That's almost worth a siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Sure there will be a deadline, it will be released right after Duke nukem forever has been released.

Means and his staff are doing what they can, so keep cool and wait, that's all we can do
    So u mean another 10 year wait them? damnit

That's almost worth a siggy
    go ahead xD
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!

If they add a deadline now, there's a good chance they'll either have to postpone it (see: new gfx engine), or release the content before it's done. I wouldn't want either of those to happen. Would you?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    If they add a deadline now, there's a good chance they'll either have to postpone it (see: new gfx engine), or release the content before it's done. I wouldn't want either of those to happen. Would you?
    yes. i would call it the common routine.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Earlier in the year, they said they wanted to get the rebalancing patch out for testing before the Graphics Engine release. At that time, they'd said that the graphics engine should be out around the end of this year. If you take those two things together, you could call it a very broad timeline of both Rebalance and Graphics engine out by the end of the year.

That said, AO has such a small development team these days, that relatively small unexpected problems can cause a major stretching of timelines. AO is always going to have very soft timelines and will always tend to have long timelines for change. That's just something you have to live with when you're playing a game with a small subscriber base like this.

X

I'd love a deadline on the rebalancing as well, but I'm pretty sure we'll never see. Just have to trust in the fact that it will get here eventually. And considering that the last update that we go on the engine in FWM was on the 9th of July (which makes 5 FW(o)M that have come and gone without a word other than to say, "Don't ask about the new engine"), I doubt we'll see anything on that front anytime soon, either. (And no, attaching a couple of head shots does not count as an update).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

It's not strange or unfair in any manner that paying customers, whatever the service may be will want to know when problems will be resolved and when upgrades will be made.

It's perfectly reasonable for us to want to know about when this will happen and it's just as reasonable for FC to give a good answer.
    Not vague hints that mean nothing.

So, what's the timeline for the fix to the iPhone reception problem when you grip it? Not the silly workaround... but the fix? And you knew near the beginning of the development timeline for the iPad OS when multi-tasking would be included in the Apple iPhone/iPad did you? Because I'm pretty certain that they didn't let anybody know for sure what the new OS would include until it was actually released... and they didn't even confirm what it was that they were releasing until the product show itself. You only have to drop over to Engadget and the likes to see people guessing and hunting down faked prototypes and stuff to realise how little information companies actually give out.

Companies relatively rarely commit to timelines for upgrades. They very rarely commit to actual content until it's pretty much done and dusted either. Best you get is that you see stuff in beta on software - and even then, NDAs usually try to restrict the information getting out and they won't guarantee that all beta functionality will make it into release versions. They'll also be notoriously retiscent about setting hard deadlines for when they will release something in development, precisely because it can set customer expectations badly and they can never be sure of when they'll actually be able to deliver.

There's a difference between customer expectations of support for existing functionality - and customer expectations of development of new functionality.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Aug 19th, 2010 at 22:48:19.

if they set a deadline all its gona do is cause people to qq and /quit when they have to push it back or they set it so far back that people still qq and /quit. For everyone involved its better to not know the timeframe their looking at. You are of course free to make your own estimations based on how long its taking them just to get the nano changes figured out (judging by witch id say we got a good year or two of waiting...)

I'm beginning to think that they're going to sit this one out. Its a major task, actually two massive tasks if you include the new engine and they have only a small team.

If they release either or both in a timely fashion and mess it up, it may have catastrophic consequences to the already dwindling playerbase. From an employee point of view, the best option may be to beat around the bush and hope for the best because the current situation - in the short and maybe medium term - is better (for them) than a failure of epic proportions.

That sort of thinking is present in many corporations or departments. I dont see why funcom should be the exception.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    I'm beginning to think that they're going to sit this one out. Its a major task, actually two massive tasks if you include the new engine and they have only a small team.

If they release either or both in a timely fashion and mess it up, it may have catastrophic consequences to the already dwindling playerbase. From an employee point of view, the best option may be to beat around the bush and hope for the best because the current situation - in the short and maybe medium term - is better (for them) than a failure of epic proportions.

That sort of thinking is present in many corporations or departments. I dont see why funcom should be the exception.
    I love this team tbh.
    I think everyone does..

There's the global rebalancing.. and there's the omg-we-gotta-fix-that-one-now, which they already did.

I actually think those they gotta fix now are more than a couple of traders wtf-nanos. Like NTs, Engis, Soldier's RI, etc. Fix those fast!

do us a favour...do what's right.

There is only two scenarios.

1. Fc dont know. What ever they believed when they started with this didnt hold and their schedule is blown to pieces. Wich probably says a lot about what they believed and their schedule.

2. Fc do know, but wont say. That means their beliefs and schedule is correct and well planned but they wont share it with us. One can only wonder why.

Is there a 3rd?

Hey look, another "cant wait" thread

I actually think those they gotta fix now are more than a couple of traders wtf-nanos. Like NTs, Engis, Soldier's RI, etc. Fix those fast!
    After seeing what they have in store for enforcers, I sure hope they keep fixing all the little things over and over and push back that holy re-balance crusade forever and ever because I dont believe its going to work out well for many professions. At least not those I happen to play...
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    That's only a good chance for a bad firm.
    Both outcomes would make deciding on my account's future an easy task.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast