Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 20th, 2010 - Enforcers + Fixers

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoryl View Post
    enf rage wont give RS? guess its time to stripp him
    I believe FC said the plan was to reduce runspeed overall, both to make Fixers the masters of runspeed once again, and to alleviate client/server sync issues. One of a Fixer's strengths is supposed to be runspeed but that strength is nullified by the fact that everyone can reach the runspeed cap easily. As long as FC compensates enforcers by giving them snares/etc then this shouldn't be a problem
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    If it's hostile, then the 117 NCU doesn't apply to your friendly NCU space. Considering that, the only reason you would want to delete it would to be lower the amount of damage you'd take in pvp. Perhaps FC should actually rework pvp damage so that having more HP is not a liability
    That's not the way the mongo HP buff works right now I'm pretty sure. It's hostile so that it can't be cancelled, but still takes 56 NCU. I could be wrong about that, since I'm not able to log in to check, but I sincerely doubt they're giving us the HP buff without any NCU cost.

Yay, I always wanted a swim speed buff for my fixer!
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    That's not the way the mongo HP buff works right now I'm pretty sure. It's hostile so that it can't be cancelled, but still takes 56 NCU. I could be wrong about that, since I'm not able to log in to check, but I sincerely doubt they're giving us the HP buff without any NCU cost.
    All hostile nanos have an NCU cost, however the NCU cost does not count against your friendly NCU space. It's been that way since the beginning of the game for stacking purposes. However, some nanos have a NoRemove flag on them so they can't be cancelled and will still take up NCU space; perhaps that's the case with the current implementation of Mongo.

Edit: I tried finding examples but auno.org sucks and doesn't display all that information. WTB aomainframe
    Last edited by Rak; Aug 20th, 2010 at 19:01:47.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    All hostile nanos have an NCU cost, however the NCU cost does not count against your friendly NCU space. It's been that way since the beginning of the game for stacking purposes. However, some nanos have a NoRemove flag on them so they can't be cancelled and will still take up NCU space; perhaps that's the case with the current implementation of Mongo.

Edit: I tried finding examples but auno.org sucks and doesn't display all that information. WTB aomainframe
    That is the case with the current mongo, I believe, and what I am guessing is intended for the new top HP buff. I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Funcom employee

Just to clarify: Absorb Punishment should have a cooldown of 20 minutes, not seconds. It's a typo.

1. I will be charitable and assume that the 15 second duration on layers is a typo.

2. I will not be charitable and assume that the 15 second cooldown on layers is intentional... and something we had 0 warning of before hand. You guys promised us, over and over again, that we would get to see the revised documents "hopefully tomorrow" and then the first we see is when they are posted in FWM.... Enforcers have been asking over and over and over again for more active defenses, where we play a role in our survival, and instead you take away the only active defense we have?
    I agree with that. 15 sec cooldown over layers sucks pretty much..

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Just to clarify: Absorb Punishment should have a cooldown of 20 minutes, not seconds. It's a typo.
    Great, that was the only thing that made that nano line make sense, because you'd be able to cast Absorb Punishment once every 3 minutes. Much better now...

Funcom employee

The huge HP enforcer buffs will be friendly, non removable. We don't want enforcers to get twice as many possible capped hits to their health as other professions. I can consider taking down the duration to 1 hour to make it easier to get rid of the buff when/if you don't want it running.

The huge HP enforcer buffs will be friendly, non removable. We don't want enforcers to get twice as many possible capped hits to their health as other professions. I can consider taking down the duration to 1 hour to make it easier to get rid of the buff when/if you don't want it running.
    How about considering taking the NCU cost down like we asked for 2 weeks ago? 117 NCU is ridiculous. Or give a 15 minute hostile can't-cast-top-HP-again whenever you cast it, so it gives a slight advantage but can't be abused repeatedly? Seriously, enfs have to have compiler and hardcore equipped because you continue to treat us as a casting profession, then you give us a 117 NCU buff that we can't delete?

We don't want enforcers to get twice as many possible capped hits to their health as other professions.
    The fact that pvp is based on "capped hits" is the biggest problem with pvp in this game
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Fixer
    Omg thank you for the snare changes!!

I would have been happy with even a couple min - the main issue, imo, was that it was (is currently) 28min duration which takes a lot of FMs to break and the fixer can just come back and spam it making all your efforts wasted.

Enforcer
    Enf absorb changes are kinda wtf... 15 sec duration as well as cooldown? It's annoying enough having to remember to cast DoTs on my Doc every 30 seconds they run out and then I just lose damage (not a Docs main concearn) but absorbs, one of what makes enfs tank and do their job without dying? Come on.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Sorry, the NCU scaling on that self HP buff is nonsense. I will likely not bother with it in PVP or PVM either unless I have to. You guys still haven't really got the hint or you just don't care ... HP is not an effective defense for enfos in PVP, especially now that capped hits timing relative to perk execution is shorter .. unless there is something we don't know yet.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Would still like to see the new 200+ PvP pf "fixed" where toons under 200 can't be warped in -_-
    SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK!

Lilsneaky - 216 Opi Agent - Endgame Coming Soon!

Proud Squad Commander of Carpe Nox Noctis

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Ah, the end of TL2 PvP as we know it is nigh, good times. I myself like this though, make it less about who's OSBs will time out first and more about the toon in the fight.

HOLY CRAP PVP TAUNTS!
    your right this will be the end of lowbie pvp... but your wrong its not gonna be about the toon in the fight its gonna be about the profession even more so than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    so if Iceburn loses the taunt on hit, does the other nanos compensate this loss or should every DD shade just gear down or reroll petclass that shares the agro with 3 targets giving ability to go full-out without fear of pulling aggro?
    I noticed this as well, unless there's something I missed there seems to be a lot less taunts overall. Not a good thing for Damage Dealing classes... though I'll reserve judgement until the rest of the nano changes are released.

Who knows, mabey Shades will get a spammable 10K detaunt (oh please make this happen).
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

NERF FIXER SWIMSPEED BUFFS THIS IS BLAANCE???!?!?!?!?!

Other than that, looking forward to see crat stuffz.

instead you take away the only active defense we have?
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that the absorb nano is the _only_ active defense. Anyway, otherwise I agree that it would have been nice to see the changes before they were released in a FWM. I really like the overall direction, but I agree that the enf doc doesn't look exactly right yet. Perhaps there will be wiggle room when these changes get tested on test.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Placeholder for random whining. Brb in 10.
    lols.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that the absorb nano is the _only_ active defense.
    Really? What other active defense do we have? Cocoon? The enf endurance booster? Both nice, but with absorb stacking still broken, they're very limited and once every 5 minutes isn't really active.

Really? What other active defense do we have? Cocoon? The enf endurance booster? Both nice, but with absorb stacking still broken, they're very limited and once every 5 minutes isn't really active.
    the heal from mongo is a defense so thats 2... but yea I see no reason to change the way layers work now

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast