Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Um k let's fail

Everyone seems to talk about "how are enfs gonna catch up now?".
    But in reality, as someone who has played an enf "twink" for several years it's mainly how am I going to get away from capping specials now?

This applies at all levels btw. Enfs are going to get blasted to pieces even more now than ever before because they won't outrun anyone. In fact they will be the slowest class IG. Going to be sad to see them get shot to **** by fixers/soldiers/agents etc and they won't be able to do jack **** to either of these classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Everyone seems to talk about "how are enfs gonna catch up now?".
    But in reality, as someone who has played an enf "twink" for several years it's mainly how am I going to get away from capping specials now?

This applies at all levels btw. Enfs are going to get blasted to pieces even more now than ever before because they won't outrun anyone. In fact they will be the slowest class IG. Going to be sad to see them get shot to **** by fixers/soldiers/agents etc and they won't be able to do jack **** to either of these classes.
    I won't jump to any conclusions just yet I am sure the guys and gals at FC have something planned to help with this... the problem currently at TL7 is when a enfo whats to get away there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them. Something had to be done about that and the other issue was with procs and buffs all stacked up at 218 I had over 5k runspeed on my enfo there is something seriously wrong when "the fastest profession in the game" fixer is not even close to that in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    I won't jump to any conclusions just yet I am sure the guys and gals at FC have something planned to help with this... the problem currently at TL7 is when a enfo whats to get away there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them. Something had to be done about that and the other issue was with procs and buffs all stacked up at 218 I had over 5k runspeed on my enfo there is something seriously wrong when "the fastest profession in the game" fixer is not even close to that in reality.
    Well, tbh I don't like when an enf zooms away either. But since the RS nerf (strafe) that 5k is capped at 2.5k anyway. So dunno if it's even relevant any longer. I mean. What are you going to do now when you ahve a soldier behind you? You won't be able to outrun at all and he will just do 12k dmg do you every 11 seconds. How much fun will that be?

Actually fixers and advies have way better get out alive tools. They must be nerfed also. Both active and passive tools.

What are you going to do now when you ahve a soldier behind you? You won't be able to outrun at all and he will just do 12k dmg do you every 11 seconds.
    Where did you get that 11 sec from?

In the incoming rebalanced game, there will be some new rules concerning specials. One is, you will have to stand still for 3 sec to execute one and also, another one, you will be able to disrupt its execution by successful melee attack (not sure though if it takes in count only AS, or every ranged special). Oh and lets not forget about incoming parry/riposte resurrection.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

In other words, it'll take forever to kill someone and won't be fun at all.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Well, tbh I don't like when an enf zooms away either. But since the RS nerf (strafe) that 5k is capped at 2.5k anyway. So dunno if it's even relevant any longer. I mean. What are you going to do now when you ahve a soldier behind you? You won't be able to outrun at all and he will just do 12k dmg do you every 11 seconds. How much fun will that be?

Actually fixers and advies have way better get out alive tools. They must be nerfed also. Both active and passive tools.
    won't argue that fixer's and advy's have it way better cause they do and based off the concept of the profession should though they should also not have as much dmg as they currently do but, with all the HP added with and since LE there is not much of a choice (I always thought pre LE fixers were very well balanced)

FC needs to find a way to balance meele and ranged that is certain as ranged currently has better specials based on recharge either FA needs to be treated like dimach or visa versa. Imo and when I think of profession balance when it comes to a 1on1 fights between soldier and enforcer the fight should be 50/50 when all things are equal and the winner comming down to luck. Both profession being the master of their respective weapon variations and having simular defensive tool sets (excluding the changes made to absorbs cause of the low HP issue). Both of these professions in my mind should be interchangable in both pvm and pvp FC just needs to find a wait to balance out weapon specials and all will be fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agreement View Post
    I don't know why, but this RS change makes me think of this.
    Rubberbanding!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    In other words, it'll take forever to kill someone and won't be fun at all.
    Yeah, what an awful thought.. we'll no longer have enforcers running around at tl4 killing everybody in seconds. PvP will suffer badly

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Where did you get that 11 sec from?

In the incoming rebalanced game, there will be some new rules concerning specials. One is, you will have to stand still for 3 sec to execute one and also, another one, you will be able to disrupt its execution by successful melee attack (not sure though if it takes in count only AS, or every ranged special). .
    IIRC this will be for AS only. (Keeping its non evade checks)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Rage is losing runspeed? As a Doctor im extremly happy with this, now impatient enfools wont zoom off to the next mob while im charging nano only for them to cry when they get wiped by a mongozerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Agreement View Post
    I don't know why, but this RS change makes me think of this.
    keeper before he got nemesis'ed by a shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacs View Post
    Rage is losing runspeed? As a Doctor im extremly happy with this, now impatient enfools wont zoom off to the next mob while im charging nano only for them to cry when they get wiped by a mongozerg.
    I'm sure you will totally DIG that when you get some levels on your butt waiting for that slowass enfo to make his way to the next pull while you feel your impatience building...

Stop teaming tards would solve much.
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

The 15 K Essence not Canceling on zoning with a 4 hour Duration looks like crap , if it doesnt cancel ( hostile nano ? ) when you /terminate it could lead to this :
    "Sorry cant Tank this Raid right now because i want to PvP later and dont feel like getting capped for 5k more with every FA /AS "

Loosing RS on Rage .... whatever the Devs wanna dish out to deal with getting Kited by Ranged Toons it better be good stuff with a very short lockout if any at all .
    Last edited by Dollcet; Aug 21st, 2010 at 04:45:33. Reason: Erm missed a change to the rage line never mind
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    How many of you even have a twink that's worth 1 billion +? Most good enf twinks cost around 2 billion to 3 billion creds. It's a lot of time and effort that goes into making those. All to waste now, cause with the rs nerf everyone will just kite enfs till it's pointless to even try. the twink pvp community is small enough as it is on rk2 and after this rebalance, it's just going to die.
    All twinks can gtfo.

Twinks never, ever, ever cares about baalance. 1b+ is nothing, barely a week of work. Twink PVP has never been anything but rolling the next FOTM prof anyway.

Seriously, stop crying, if twink PVP died it would be excellent for the game.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    All twinks can gtfo.

Twinks never, ever, ever cares about balance. 1b+ is nothing, barely a week of work. Twink PVP has never been anything but rolling the next FOTM prof anyway.

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Removing the NR buff + run speed would fix the enforcer profession.
    lemme guess.. your main is not an enf?

On topic:
    Run speed will be overhauled.. lower lvls will get more and higher lvls will get less overall.
    Besides that.. FC is taking a critical look (please let it be true!:s) at the current run speed issues.
    Last edited by Harios; Aug 21st, 2010 at 05:01:14.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

the thing with twink pvp. ppl know what's good at what range. There will nvr be a day when all profs are good all ranges. Kinda retarded to expect that. Why not leave it the same....
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

the thing with twink pvp. ppl know what's good at what range. There will nvr be a day when all profs are good all ranges. Kinda retarded to expect that. Why not leave it the same....
    That's not what's happening. I have serious doubts that was ever planned. FOTM's have change with every major patching cycle. I had a 135 nt twink from 5 years ago, spent over a billion on her. *Shrug* Stuff happens.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    All twinks can gtfo.

Twinks never, ever, ever cares about baalance. 1b+ is nothing, barely a week of work. Twink PVP has never been anything but rolling the next FOTM prof anyway.

Balance needs to come from 1-220 as much as you would like to think the game stars at 220 your wrong. Though I do not agree with the OP and I do partake in lowbie pvp (I have a total of 2 fotm professions and seriously I didn't roll them cause they were the fotm and neither are traders which has been the fotm since 2001)

I prefer twinks tl2-5 and I would love to see balance so your entire post is absolute garbage and holds no truths other than the 1b thing.... seriously wtf who cares how much you spent.... my 46 enfo probably has 1b worth of gear and the only parts I bought was the imps and clusters.

there can be a day such as that if FC does their job properly... please don't leave it the same fights at low levels currently are too predictable unless its the same 2 professions fighting each other with equal gear and skill ofc.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast