Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Um k let's fail

Sneak attack should be removed from the 1he/1hb formula, but I'm getting to that in another thread.

Crush Bone and Hammer and Anvil should be swapped between the two lines.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Balancing goal is making all profs perform more or less equal.
    There are some profs that are way better than other right now (advies on tl5+, enfs on all levels) - to be on par with others they need toning down. It's as simple as that.
    good pvp shades can insta kill enfos. people who can play a shade in pvp know this (if u want i can give u names of good shades).

and it really throws a bad light on professionals if they obviously got no clue about what their prof is capable of.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    good pvp shades can insta kill enfos. people who can play a shade in pvp know this (if u want i can give u names of good shades).

and it really throws a bad light on professionals if they obviously got no clue about what their prof is capable of.
    I'm not sure of how that fits into this thread. It's about the Enforcer changes.

cause someone claimed that a good enf will kill any shade at any time, and that shade aperantly didnt know how to play his profession so nitr0 pointed out that he was wrong.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I fail to see Graftmage discuss any shade versus enforcer situations anywhere in this thread, much less anyone else before nitr0.

My point was, discuss enforcers, not the speed that which a shade can kill.

yep i agree to that point...
    im sick and tired of peolpe saying that enfs own everyone and their mothers tho..
    enfs is gion to be so screwed over in this rebalance and FC aperantly has no clue what they are doin to the profession.

It is obvious to me that many people don't realize we don't see the full picture yet.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

like IRL people often see only their own point of view, in a selfish way.

but honestly every enforcer (me included) should admit 60K HP had no real use even against harder mobs ingame (alb, pand, lox), especially with reflect-init-aao (e.g. crat+engi team) tanking situations. with this all level range enfos gain some HP while the endgame lose a little that was unecessary. that calls us back to use absorb nanos wich were rendered useless.

also let's face it : there's no REAL rage nerf as we now can go PVP under essence easily (no RS debuff anymore) ; we've got approx same RS without the need to spam rage ! time gained to do something else. same goes on team version of buffs sparing our precious nanopool, and opening to team options like absorb spam.

that's some new options, more challenging PVM/PVP, near to equal RS, & low level gain on several aspects. i say that sound totally decent & deserves to be tested along with all other profession rebalance before any whinnez0r.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

umm im havign a hard time to get u bitnykk in 1 thread u claim that fixers are one of the easiest kills for an enf.
    and now in this thread ur talking abotu enfs as u are one.
    and yet in ur sig u only show ur fixer wich i guess is ur main and that u probably need to work more on.
    and ur sayign we got aprox same runspeed w/o spamming rage... that means u never played an enf in ur life.
    we will still be needing to spam rage for the NR buff in pvp and now we will be one of the slowest professions in AO .... right down there with docs.

Actually have to admit I found enfs pretty ok at tl7, its at tl2/3/5 that I dont like them.

Whats the default pvp choice at 2/3/5?
    enf or trader
    whats the default pvp choice at 7?
    advy/nt/trader
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Whats the default pvp choice at 2/3/5?
    enf or trader
    Or mp or agent. An nt can beat an enf as well and 1 vs 1 a twinked crat also beats enf at tl3. Not at tl4 or tl5 though.

omg, finally maybe we'll see more than enf+trader pvp at low levels! wooo!

I would't get out the tissue yet until we see what happens to the other profs. it's silly to be upset about something that could be nullified instantly by general changes to other professions as well. wait and see imo.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    umm im havign a hard time to get u bitnykk
    your post(s) is (are) more of weak personnal flaming & you don't concretely contradict anything i said, wich -again- was no real RS nerf (as RS debuff is cut from essences) and unneeded HP off back to lower levels.
    so please read again in case you missed subtilities, or take the time to PM me for explanations (e.g. about my 220/20+/30 fixer & enforcer).

ps : updated my signature to show u lub.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Aug 22nd, 2010 at 20:58:55.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and now we will be one of the slowest professions in AO .... right down there with docs.
    you forgot teh nerfest kipurs!!11!
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Enf is the nerfest prof.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Whats the default pvp choice at tl(...) 5?
    Agent, advy, trader, enf, NT followed by sold, and MA for those that are willing to work a bit harder for same results? HP setuped agent has pretty much a guaranteed kill on tl5 enf, same as HP setuped advy. NT (with NS2 in def focus) and trader encounters are very equall and determined by luck, same as sold vs enf. I miss you point, except:

I dont like them.
    Get more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    also let's face it : there's no REAL rage nerf as we now can go PVP under essence easily (no RS debuff anymore) ; we've got approx same RS without the need to spam rage ! time gained to do something else.
    Lets face it, people that have bought their accounts on ebay may have not noticed that there is something else than TL7 in AO.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 13:42:08.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

theres many changes proposed by fc that i highly dislike, this tho, cutting RS buff part from rage line is something that im very happy about,,,

i can agree that meeles need a way to catch up with a kiting ranged toon, but a situation when the designated tank, with a huge HP bar, very decent AR, SICK NR!, loads of absorbs, and 1He/1Hb Alpha, etc on top of that is the single fastest toon ingame ( all the time ) is just plain wrong

i realise aswell that strafe run was nerfed lately, renderring everything over the cap useless ( in most situations ), lets not forget tho, that after reballance is done it will most likely be uncapped ( or the general values any prof can aquire will be noticably lower then the cap )

in their current state, enfs should have the RS part of rage line moved to a diff nano line, thats NOT possible to have it running 100% of the time as you used to be able with rage

same goes to NR imo, it should by no means possible for enfs to maintain a perma ( pretty much ) +1200 NR buff, i think ive read this week on forums it will have a lockout preventing it from being up at all times, but cant find it in the excel sheet, assuming i remember it correct its a good direction

alltho if rage indeed gets a lockout, then separating the RS buff from it is rather pointless, besides waisting some of the enfo's time, unless ofc, the lockouts intended on both are drastically different
    Last edited by Insane666; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 14:38:19.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

If enfos concept is going to migrate from mobile assault unit to something relatively immobile ... that immobility needs to make up for some insta-killing and tanking power. Anyone that gets in an enfos path should be mincemeat if they are foolish enough to find themselves there.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Lmao, you people crack me up. Its like you'd go b*tch slap your mom because dinner tastes like crap before she has even started to cook it.

I can understand where you come from, Funcom doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. They do a phenomenal job considering the size of their team. You could say that doesn't make up for the insult to the customers of having such a small team to deal with such a large customer base. You could also say that such a small team keeps a game of this magnitude running quite smoothly and still finds time to add new content.

Back at launch my second char was an enf. I took that char to 220 slowly over the following 7 years. I went through the days when you could get a Premium Sledgehammer of Doom on at level 30, then later you would be hitting 7k+ crits with a Support Beam. I remember when the Challenger nano-line added to weapon skills.

Where are we now? Are we any weaker?
    I hope it does take a year for the re-balance to come out. I don't envy the people who have to wade through all the bull**** you people insist on force feeding anyone careless enough to take interest in what's going on. If it does take a year, the rare times when someone has something constructive to say will hopefully add up enough to make a positive change.

Personally I'm very happy with the changes. They have made enfs both more powerful, and weaker. Saying that we will become stronger or weaker is impossible to say until it hits live and people adjust to the change. Hell, does anyone else remember back when you rarely saw a trader because they sucked? One person figured out how to play the class, and made a good char. Another took notice, and did the same. Soon everyone knew they were a powerful class. Sounds absolutely absurd doesn't it?

They took away our massive runspeed. So let me be the first to agree with all of you pessimists out there! We, as a profession, from this nerf forward, will save everyone the time and /terminate every time we see a "Attacked by ..." Hell, Funcom do us a favor and make that a new enf only perk! Don't forget to make no attempt to adjust to the changes or enjoy the challenges these changes will present.

/ignore all
    (begin flaming now)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast