Thread: Questions about the rebalance Doc.

Questions about the rebalance Doc.

Reading the balancing documentation, I notice that as before other perks can boost certain perks...

However, let's say on Incapacitate, It says
    Target has
    Headache
    Lacerate
    Groin Kick
    Leg Shot
    Red Dusk
    Bleeding Wounds

Does that mean it only gets it's full effect if ALL of the above are applied or is only 1 needed? I'm really curious about this, and well if it's all then it's kind of unlikely to ever happen :P

You answered it yourself. What are the chances of all those perks running on a target at once? Doubt they intend all to be needed.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Funcom employee

Only one of the listed perks needs to be active on the target to receive the increased benefit. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Oh woah that's fantastic Another question here: In the balance doc you can read that a perk does damage/healing according to a certain skill.. Let's say brawl .. It says 3000 brawl skill as the max, does this include AAO? Or is it pure Brawl skill?

Another question about the Rebalance Doc.

When you see on perks that they scale with a certain skill, like for example brawl.. They do more damage/healing according to how high the skill is, or rather for every 1k skill they increase... What I'm wondering is if AAO is counted into this... If not we won't see the 3000 mark beeing hit at least

Just a question to determin how I should look at perks and calc damage =)

I believe it's the skill alone when the skill is named. When AAO needs to be included, the stat used is Attack Rating afaik. That said, I'm not sure whether they're sticking to that distinction in the spreadsheets....

X

pretty sure the perks scale smoothly between 2000 and 3000 of the skill in question.

when Attack Rating is used as the attack skill, the perk docs explicitly say what skill is used to scale the perk damage. for example, agent perks have attack rating for the skill and the damage scales on aimed shot.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    I believe it's the skill alone when the skill is named. When AAO needs to be included, the stat used is Attack Rating afaik. That said, I'm not sure whether they're sticking to that distinction in the spreadsheets....

X
    I think that's wrong, there are plenty of perks that use "Martial Arts" or "Brawl" as the attack skill, and your ratings for landing that are your brawl + AAO or Martial arts + AAO...
    Perks that currently have Attack Modifier as attack skill (AR) counts AAO two times... That's the current difference

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzif View Post
    I think that's wrong, there are plenty of perks that use "Martial Arts" or "Brawl" as the attack skill, and your ratings for landing that are your brawl + AAO or Martial arts + AAO...
    Perks that currently have Attack Modifier as attack skill (AR) counts AAO two times... That's the current difference

personally ive always read it this way:

if you got a perk with attack skill being lets say brawl, you add your aao on top of it

if its a perk wich dmg scales depending on your brawl skill, then only brawl skill applies
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I could so easily be wrong... long gone are the days when I was really up to datae on mechanics stuff...

X