Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ALL Melee Users Need To Catch Up To Their Target

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I'll give you guys the quote for melee vs ranged.

If ranged professions could not use their toolset from 10 meters or closer, then melee and ranged would be equal.
    In that case ranged professions would need weapons that do some 20% more dmg, better perks and ability to attack while running.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Ok, you are slow, I know this, so you probably dont know why your post is full of crap. I'll use sarcasm and reverse it for you, so that maybe you'll have an epiphany.
    rofl, let's see here now:

I cant really comment on the stupidity of you thinking NTs not being able to use that on ranged profs, as well as being just as much a pain in the ass against EVERYONE. I can just as well use NTs as an example of why ranged sux then.
    The point was that ranged profs can do insane damage, wow learn to read and comprehend.

Ma/Enfs sure do craptastic damage to crats? indeed
    Debuff a MA with init debuffs and no they don't do all that much unless they use dimach, or hell, spam GRM on the MA.

3200 AR and 80% perks on a crat and you have a very good chance of perking the MA in limber too.

MAs/Shades have really low evades/defenses? ha
    They both have much less evades than a fixer, do you play this game?

Again laughable since if the Doc goes MA, I can use the same argument against ranged. Ranged have much more healing than a MA doc? sure
    What sane pvp doc goes melee nowadays with the insane pistol boost? lol you're making a fool of yourself.

What, you gonna tell me agents with CH go melee too?

But Ill give another; Soldiers/Engies/Crats/Traders/Fixers have much more healing than a MA/Enf/Adv/Keeper? sure
    They can depending on the circumstances and it's complicated equation depending on what defense they possess.

Enfs have much more effective HP than a engie period.
    And? Solds have more HP than MAs and shades.

~___________________________________________~

Point is, it's retarded to say crap like you do.

All profs melee and ranged have their defenses and their offenses and making a retarded statement such as 'oh melees have better everything' is pretty stupid.

All the ranged profs here attempting to QQ that ranged profs are doing about the same dmg as melee/I have a hard time doing same dmg/ I'm ranged I need to kite/I'm ranged I don't have defences against melee

Are the biggest bunch of turds I've ever seen. Pop your TMS, pop your evades/ coon/ whatever it is your defence is, man up and stop kiting, stop whining and deal with the fact that melee is at a PERMANENT disadvantage.

It's the most well known adage in AO:

"melee is PVM, ranged is PVP"

So, as of current mechanics, 30% of the game is excluded for PVP, amirite?

Wake up, melee needs SERIOUS love, and ranged go suck a damn lemon. you want love? go do 12m and DB1/2 for baafs.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Wake up, melee needs SERIOUS love, and ranged go suck a damn lemon. you want love? go do 12m and DB1/2 for baafs.
    I'm all for more citrus, but that second portion of the quoted statement is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas
    >.<
    You really can't swallow the fact your picked melee toons which hindrances are exactly that, being melee. What were you expecting? Boomerang swords and point blank guns with guide dogs attached?

Just reroll and save FC a lot of forum space, will you?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    You really can't swallow the fact your picked melee toons which hindrances are exactly that, being melee. What were you expecting? Boomerang swords and point blank guns with guide dogs attached?

Just reroll and save FC a lot of forum space, will you?
    Forum space is cheap. Rerolling a toon and collecting everything to endgame is extremely time consuming.

Considering I get paid $37/hour, That's approximately 8400 hours*37= $311000 man hour dollars of my time I definitly don't want to spend again.

Furthermore, I have little time left on game, because real life priorities are unavoidably becoming closer. So, before I have to start cutting down substantially, I'd like to see MA's and melee profs become competitive so that when I can play, I don't spend all my time in decon.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich
    So, before I have to start cutting down substantially, I'd like to see MA's and melee profs become competitive so that when I can play, I don't spend all my time in decon.
    Bull****, aren't you that "Plx make me MA professional plx plx" idiot with "lvl lock DOF to 207 because troxes can't get MR until 207" ?

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Bull****, aren't you that "Plx make me MA professional plx plx" idiot with "lvl lock DOF to 207 because troxes can't get MR until 207" ?

sounds pretty reasonable to me
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Considering I get paid ***zomfg I r teh boss***.
    Do you imply you give up working when you play and loose money? Otherwise ...shu

Wow. Obviously not one person here read my post, and this is all so wildly off-topic. It wasn't my intention to have this be a melee profs vs. ranged profs discussion.

I was trying to point out that if you're going to give some melee users a way to "catch up to their target" (clarion call, un-named enf action etc.), you should give all other melee users something similar.

There are melee profs, ranged profs, and also "hybrid" profs. The hybrid profs can sucessfully use either ranged or melee, and if the melee profs are getting some boost, those hybrid profs should get something too, or else you're effectively saying "you're not really hybrid profs, you should be ranged profs because we don't care about the melee half of you."
    Last edited by Kimarzt; Aug 31st, 2010 at 12:22:03.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarzt View Post
    Wow. Obviously not one person here read my post, and this is all so wildly off-topic. It wasn't my intention to have this be a melee profs vs. ranged profs discussion.

I was trying to point out that if you're going to give some melee users a way to "catch up to their target" (zazen, clarion call, etc.), you should give all other melee users something similar.

There are melee profs, ranged profs, and also "hybrid" profs. The hybrid profs can sucessfully use either ranged or melee, and if the melee profs are getting some boost, those hybrid profs should get something too, or else you're effectively saying "you're not really hybrid profs, you should be ranged profs because we don't care about the melee half of you."
    Nah, I got your point first time, but it rises several issues :

Should a doc for example get some support, in various ways, for melee weapons. Well, from a game diversity point of view, I would say yes.
    Should every toon who decided to go melee get something to "catch up" their opponent. In the name of fairness, if some melee users got such tools, why make a segregation indeed. The problem with that is broadening the access to "catch up" tools to every melee user is de facto a nerf to the ranged fight style.
    The next step is ranged whining for ways to keep their opponent at a safe distance. But should every ranged user get access to roots and snares? Of course not (though by the look of it, roots and snares are gonna get so nerfed it wouldn't make much of a difference).

At the end of the day, someone opting for melee need to realize that he will have to cope with the benefit and hindrances of such a choice. It's not a matter of preventing at all cost melees to be in a position of hitting their target, it's a matter of allowing both fighting style to benefit 50% of the time of their weapon choice and to feel their limitation the other 50%.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Point is, it's retarded to say crap like you do.

All profs melee and ranged have their defenses and their offenses and making a retarded statement such as 'oh melees have better everything' is pretty stupid.
    And since I just turned your own post around to represent ranged in the same way you presented melee, you have yourself admitted that your own post is retarded and full of crap. And Im not suprised that you swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Your point being...?

The fact is, it's out there. Just like 11 sec FA, even though only ONE prof can use this one reliably enough to make it worth.
    Yeah, and ANY melee prof can interrupt nano casting. And use Flurry of Blows for extra crit, on top of already having generally higher damage. Oh, there's also one melee prof whose crit chance is not halved in melee (unarmed) PvP.

I'll give you guys the quote for melee vs ranged.

If ranged professions could not use their toolset from 10 meters or closer, then melee and ranged would be equal.
    With current run speeds: Definitely not. Also see above additional goodies.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

When read this thread, I feel like a fly over a turd .

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Yeah, and ANY melee prof can interrupt nano casting. And use Flurry of Blows for extra crit, on top of already having generally higher damage. Oh, there's also one melee prof whose crit chance is not halved in melee (unarmed) PvP
    I forgot! Melee professions can interrupt insta cast nanos. They are also given a +400 Sneak Attack scope with +9% crit chance that also increases melee range to 20 meters and is useable at level 1.

And someone totally said MA crits are not halved in pvp, so it must be true despite the complete lack of testing which no one needs in order to verify anything, obviously. Crit resistance does not apply to MA fists too, or so someone said once on teh forums.

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    In that case ranged professions would need weapons that do some 20% more dmg, better perks and ability to attack while running.
    Hm, you are right. 20% more damage for ranged weapons and 8 second brawls that no longer stun but hit for 3x regular hits worth of damage and 11 second SA's that actually ignore AC's. Will give guns a really big bullet to shoot every 30 minutes for dimach too.

You can have the perk balancing documentation perks. Although we may need to start "Nerf RE+Pistol, RE+SMG, RE+Shotgun, Shotgun+SMG, Pistol+Shotgun" threads.

You can attack while running too, also we gotta remove reloading. Sorry, no casting while running Melee professions cannot do that.

See, equal.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    With current run speeds: Definitely not. Also see above additional goodies.
    All runspeeds will be the same, melee professions will be given 10 second cooldown CC tools. The ranged professions missing CC immunity or removal will be given it (How many is that, 3?)

Equal.

Doesn't this sort of pvp seem like so much fun? Oh, I just had a wonderful idea Let's move this to another thread.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 1st, 2010 at 01:46:25.

Oh, I just had a wonderful idea Let's move this to another thread.
    Why, because you have been proven wrong in this thread like in all others?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Soldier, not even going to bother. NO CC TOOLS
    Fixed that one for u.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I forgot! Melee professions can interrupt insta cast nanos. They are also given a +400 Sneak Attack scope with +9% crit chance that also increases melee range to 20 meters and is useable at level 1.

And someone totally said MA crits are not halved in pvp, so it must be true despite the complete lack of testing which no one needs in order to verify anything, obviously. Crit resistance does not apply to MA fists too, or so someone said once on teh forums.

Hm, you are right. 20% more damage for ranged weapons and 8 second brawls that no longer stun but hit for 3x regular hits worth of damage and 11 second SA's that actually ignore AC's. Will give guns a really big bullet to shoot every 30 minutes for dimach too.

You can have the perk balancing documentation perks. Although we may need to start "Nerf RE+Pistol, RE+SMG, RE+Shotgun, Shotgun+SMG, Pistol+Shotgun" threads.

You can attack while running too, also we gotta remove reloading. Sorry, no casting while running Melee professions cannot do that.

See, equal.

All runspeeds will be the same, melee professions will be given 10 second cooldown CC tools. The ranged professions missing CC immunity or removal will be given it (How many is that, 3?)

Equal.

Doesn't this sort of pvp seem like so much fun? Oh, I just had a wonderful idea Let's move this to another thread.
    I'm gunna vote this for best rant of the year, and second best QFT.

I VOTE MORE QQ!

I vote all ranged weaps get 6m range! It's just pixels, we can do anything, amirite?

How long is ur arm? How long is ur sword? That is ur range.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast