Thread: Making life easier for everyone involved

Making life easier for everyone involved

1. Remove GSF from game or make it self only
    2. make wolf give 200 RS buff
    3. make faster than your shadow not stack with velocity/wolf
    4. make velocity give 150 RS
    5. make velocity not stack with wolf

lowbies will whine but kiting will be almost eliminated.

Ok you get points for wanting kiting eliminated but im not sure how this will accomplish that, unless melee has a good 500 more rs then the ranged user he will still be kited into dust because of sinc issues and roots/snares.

PS: lowbis cant whine, gsf is already being taken away from them any way (along with hack n quack!)

You mean make life easier for ma/enf/keep/shade. Everyone else gets to put up with stuns and alphas.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Hehe there's a point at which having the same basic discussion repeatedly with the same basic outcome might be considered madness....

X

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    You mean make life easier for ma/enf/keep/shade. Everyone else gets to put up with stuns and alphas.
    ermm the stuns and alphas are current enforcers... have u even looked at the suggested changes to enfs?
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

We need autopilot for lowbies imho so they can go asleep.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    1. Remove GSF from game or make it self only
    2. make wolf give 200 RS buff
    3. make faster than your shadow not stack with velocity/wolf
    4. make velocity give 150 RS
    5. make velocity not stack with wolf

lowbies will whine but kiting will be almost eliminated.
    no.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    no.
    Agreed. Kintaii announced something for enfos already, and I understand there are plans in place for the other melee profs?

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Hehe there's a point at which having the same basic discussion repeatedly with the same basic outcome might be considered madness....

X
    http://xkcd.com/242/

I do love XKCD. Has to be one of the best cartoons on the web.

X

Dam, read the thread header and thot this was a goodbye thread. :/

Ill agree to all that......as soon as they make RRFE self only.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    I do love XKCD. Has to be one of the best cartoons on the web.

X
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Dam, read the thread header and thot this was a goodbye thread. :/

Ill agree to all that......as soon as they make RRFE self only.
    no problem here with rrfe self only.

lets remove mop from game too, and make all self crit buffs be auras, with 75% effect for team.

IE, 27% for self*0.75=20% crit for team.

endgame MA lft for enything.

You mean slowing down low lvl pvp even more? And how exactly would that solve kiting? If person A gets GSF and person B also gets GSF then the difference between their RS remains unchanged. The only problem is when person A gets GSF and perosn B doesn't. But there's usually someone around who can buff you RS with some amount. Last but not least it's possible to cap RS (or to get pretty close to cap) for most of profs at TL7 specially with some minor RS buff. So this would only cripple low lvl pvp.

Conclusion: NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    You mean slowing down low lvl pvp even more? And how exactly would that solve kiting? If person A gets GSF and person B also gets GSF then the difference between their RS remains unchanged. The only problem is when person A gets GSF and perosn B doesn't. But there's usually someone around who can buff you RS with some amount. Last but not least it's possible to cap RS (or to get pretty close to cap) for most of profs at TL7 specially with some minor RS buff. So this would only cripple low lvl pvp.

Conclusion: NO.
    As far as I know they are going to look at run speed for lower levels too, most likely there will be a drastic change to Runspeed or make it scale with your lvl..

Example:
    Let's say you're run speed skill... a full bar (100% IP invested) will make you 100% faster than what BASE run speed is (may be set to alot higher than today)...

So if you put 80% IP into RS you'll be 20% slower than someone who put 100% in Run speed....

And as you level, if you neglect RS you'll get slower, and slower and slower..

At least to me this seems like a reasonable change, and this way every one has the same speed...

But with this, you need to think about buffs/equip ofcourse... Perhaps a buff should be changed to % of your run speed... Let's say wolf = 20% run speed, meaning a adv can get away with 80% IP in run speed and still run capped speed...

GSF = 30% run speed etc.. I don't know the pro's and con's of this, but this was just my example they may or may not do anything like this at all ^^ But it IS getting reworked..
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

If every RS buff was removed from game, everything would come down to perk modifiers, and colour of skill, (based on maxing IP).

then we'd actually have a tolerable situation again.

@scottik, the problem with 2 people getting GSF is that whoever has teh shorter range of the two people is disproportionately crippled due to synch, whereas, whoever has the higher range with higher RS gains disproportional power in the situation because they can always move to a position where they have a unilateral advantage, over a unilateral disadvantage.

Then, the obvious problem with 1 person having GSF and the other not is obvious, one person can always utilize range, while the other is constantly moving to catch up, and thus is unable to utilize their toolset to fight, this is especially the case if you have a fast ranged prof kiting a slow ranged prof, but it's the absolute worst for a fast ranged prof kiting a slow melee prof, since, melee may NEVER, in the course of an entire fight, get in range of the attacker.

I don't think it's supposed to be like that.

I agree to some extent but how is removing GSF gonna solve sync issues? Also you suggested making GSF fixer only, but in the way you suggested it fixer as the fastest ranged prof would outrun you (slow melee prof) even more easily because you couldn't even get the GSF to lessen the RS difference. So I don't think it's so good idea.

Broadly speaking, Synch movement issues should generally be reduced by lower speeds.

Essentially, synch failure happens because your client has one view on what is happening but the server has a different view. At given intervals, there is a forced synchronisation of the two different scenarios, with the server situation usually taking priority. For different functions, there may be different policies on synch resolution. Important things like whether damage was actually delivered tend to be controlled entirely by the server state. Others may be controlled partially on the client and then updated with the server position. In theory, it's possible for the client state to have priority and over-ride the server-state - but this is very unusual.

So for a given period of time between 'synchs' your client may have a different view on what is happening compared to the server. When the synch happens, your client gets updated with the actual server position... which also includes the actual position of your opponent.

The further your opponent can move between synchs, the more likely it is that there is a disparity between where your opponent is on your client compared to where the server thinks they are. So, the faster your opponent can move, the more chance there is of a disparity that will be corrected at the next synch.

Balancing synch is a difficult matter. Some very basic elements have to be dealt with on the server and not the client... because if they're dealt with on the client then it opens up the possibility of exploits and conter-intuitive stuff happening. Some stuff really needs to be managed by the client though, because if it isn't then you get latency issues or counter-intuitive stuff going on in your client - like opponents suddenly disappearing, warping, rubberbanding, black doors etc etc.

Similarly, if you force too many synchs in order to make the client version always closer to the server version then you get similar problems... but if you make the time interval between synchs too long, then you get heightened issues such as range, pathing and other problems.

But on the whole, if you slow everything down then most synch related issues should reduce.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 09:14:50.

I PVP only if both parties agree to walk.