Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestation balance?

Battlestation balance?

Any plans to balance out BS a bit?

Like.. melee able to interrupt ranged capping.. but not the other way round?

Like Cocoon + Bior up can cap but not AMS?

Yes/No?

Even numbers would be a good place to start...

I would also like to see ranged be able to interrupt capping/casting as well. It seems funny that any stick can stop someone from capping a spot, but a shotgun blast to the face at close range does nothing.
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Any plans to balance out BS a bit?

Like.. melee able to interrupt ranged capping.. but not the other way round?

Like Cocoon + Bior up can cap but not AMS?

Yes/No?

Not interrupting can be seen as a posititve thing, being able to hit the target while he can't fight back or break loose, however you lose the station.

interrupting and be able to get hit, and therefore possibly die, could mean losing the station, or stretching/keeping the station.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

- Mechs are pretty much worthless. No one uses them unless it's to take out an APT. The step in front of the teleporters keeps mechs from crossing over. Mechs can't cap points. ( I know but think how many more people would sign up to do the BS if their gimpy gear didn't matter. They could do everything just like someone on foot, just slower.)

- APTs are not really much of a threat. Evade perks enabling people to just dodge APTs along with Coon, AMS, and special blockers, and various other nanos and perks that people just soak the damage/specials and continue. People can out run their range (at least in TL 7)
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    - APTs are not really much of a threat. Evade perks enabling people to just dodge APTs along with Coon, AMS, and special blockers, and various other nanos and perks that people just soak the damage/specials and continue. People can out run their range (at least in TL 7)
    At TL7, the effectiveness of APTs in BS is mediocre at best. Personally, I love to see an APT in core all by itself when I'm on my enfo or shade. I either agg the turret, coon up, and cap the point while laughing in vicinity on my enfo, or agg the turret, hit my absorbs, and cap the point while laughing in vicinity on my shade. Running out of range while holding agg and mocking the poor fella stuck in the APT is fun too.

I can imagine at lower TLs, they are a bit more deadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post

I can imagine at lower TLs, they are a bit more deadly.
    Depends on the pilot's level and his target, if it's say a level 150 in the 15-175 BS he might as well not even bother with the turret :P

but yes, that's exactly my point Turrets and Mechs are pretty much pointless, as it is.
    Point Blank

Tbh, I think APT's are pretty decent. I think that they should be able to actually move though, albeit at a very slow pace, if only to seriously disrupt those who like to stand 1m out of their range, etc.

And they really do hurt. At least, they hurt a lot more than any of my characters do to anyone, thats for sure.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Saying APTs are useless... yer um do you all just play advies or something? APTs do hurt, sometimes I can cap a point without an APT killing me with dof and limber, sometimes I get unlucky and it rapes me.

APTs are a massive help such as reinforcing core or something, or just securing a random point.

This fix is simple, hotswap /win. I do it on my agent for interuptions. Granted dual pistols and such won't be able, but easily the case on my alts.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

The conclusion that APTs should have a much higher attack rating, enabling them to reliably kill pretty much anyone during a cap is as old as the mech gear is. Of course, now the folks who whine about "lack of skill" and "no need for gear" will start to yip-yap the same phrases over and over again.

My answer to you is: use a mech or teach your fellow soldier (or anyone who wants to invest into HW) to use a rocket launcher and play as a team instead of just kill-farm in a team. I love using my launcher on turrets and it saddens me that I have only so few rockets to hurl at turrets or mechs.

And the Dev team should consider increasing the ammo on rocket launchers. With increased value of APTs and therefore increased usage, the equip time and fire rate of the launcher is enough penalty, no need to make it a 3 shot weapon that will only allow the user to (with some luck) kill one turret per round.

Maybe the cooldown on APTs alone should also be looked into if they become more dangerous to everyone.

A change like this will be necessary if funcom doesnt want to alienate casual BS visitors with the upcoming level range changes. Throwing 201+, undergeared and not pvp focused people into the mix with 220 top geared nubhunters without even the slightest chance to achieve something, and even if its just the chance to effectively guard a position with their turret, is counterproductive.
    Obviously, they will get torn up by mechs or rocketmen instead, but theres always the one fool that storms in and gets blasted by a turret. And when somebody is forced to use a mech or a launcher, they become vulnerable too. The magic word here is teamwork outside the boundaries of a team.

And the next, actually in my opinion the first fix that BS needs is balanced sides regardless of faction. Means, give that concept up with these player numbers!
    I know, those who always team up with their buddies to hunt down the weak will scream bloody murder now. I dont care.

BS should appeal to anyone not just a certain crop of players. And it should be available as much as possible.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Saying APTs are useless... yer um do you all just play advies or something? APTs do hurt, sometimes I can cap a point without an APT killing me with dof and limber, sometimes I get unlucky and it rapes me.
    Close, TL7 Fixer in old arse 2006 gear... but I can still easily cap points with multiple APTs up. If it's just one guarding sometimes I don't even bother with limber. The more I've played other professions, and other level ranges, the more I'm beginning to hate jerks like me that'd run in cap a point and run out while I didn't even scratch them. I got a taste of my own medicine and it's awful. I personally feel if you are going hop in an APT give a number advantage to the other side, pretty much burn your toon from any heated combat, and be rooted guarding a point you should defiantly be a tactical threat.

Now like what Kink said about being able to move an APT, that could change it up a bit.
    Point Blank

Moving APTs sounds like adding an anti-personell mech. Albeit a really slow mech. Not a bad idea imo... but it could easily be OP outside of the battlestation.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The most important point about balance on BS is same numbers on both sides, if you ask me.
    6 vs 8 is not faire. 11 vs 15 in not fair although.

And APTs are a thread in midlevel and low level bs. If the general (in-)balance between evades and attackrating is changed, I am positive, that APT on TL7 bs will be a thread, too.

APTs should be able to move at walk speed, or half of that. And they should not be able to use teleporters. The teleporters are silly already, and would be better off with an item that takes 2 seconds to use in order to teleport.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    APTs should be able to move at walk speed, or half of that. And they should not be able to use teleporters. The teleporters are silly already, and would be better off with an item that takes 2 seconds to use in order to teleport.
    look dad i gotz legz on my turret <3 seriously man its ****in huge cannon mebbe with teamwork it shoulda be maneuverable but if u have ever visited in army u know turret isnt going to move by just 1 person and its ****in hard to even use as an weapon by just 1 person...

Quote Originally Posted by Graviuz View Post
    look dad i gotz legz on my turret <3 seriously man its ****in huge cannon mebbe with teamwork it shoulda be maneuverable but if u have ever visited in army u know turret isnt going to move by just 1 person and its ****in hard to even use as an weapon by just 1 person...
    Cool story.

Also when i was in the army the machine cannons on the huge mechs barely broke the skin.

This is a game, and it's not even remotely trying for realism

well with that skin, i wonder why in hell its maneuvered by just one person since it looks more like an antitank gun... woulda be cool that it woulda require some people and focus to be real weapon... and with more people it should had increased ROF :P

imo, FC should make BS like Wintergrasp in WoW. If one side outnumbers the other, the side with lower numbers gets a buff that gives increased hp and damage, to make it more even.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post

Also when i was in the army the machine cannons on the huge mechs barely broke the skin.
    It's because of the extra ... err... Notum! Yeah Notum in the atmosphere! It uh... does the super man thing... with the people... yeah....
    Point Blank

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast