Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Shar, he is not joking. I killed a 220 soldier in BS with my pets alone in about that time (prolly longer though) with Don at 216. And you know how gimped he is. NSD is extremely powerful vs soldiers. He couldnt have been a very good soldier, but then again I was an extremely crappy engie and 4 levels below. Granted knowledge of profession and general PvP tactics do play a role, but not that much.
    Fair enough. Still wonder why he didn't just ran away.

For my part, I stopped casting BR on soldiers, unless i was missing RRFE. The 1 second casting time does not justify using it anymore.

I seriously do not think that removing all possible ways to properly counter AMS will lead to any balanced PvP. My educated guess is, that after NSD is nerfed, Soldiers will want more NR, and more of them will train Notum Repulsor 1 or 2.

Good pvp evolves around using the right tool at the right time. That being said, I think that tools should be very effective, but not usable indefinitely.

BR should have gotten a 2 minute lockout, not a nerf to uselessness. I hope FC will consider this in regard of Engies NSD.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Fair enough. Still wonder why he didn't just ran away.
    Simple lack of PvP experience maybe? My guess is as good as yours.
    General of First Order

This still being discussed?

*THREAD CLOSED*

.:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Simple lack of PvP experience maybe? My guess is as good as yours.
    So we can conclude, that this soldier was the problem, not NSD.

To get a bit off topic here, if I play a caster in GW, and get chain-knowdowned by a melee, I avoid him, and continue killing other stuff.

If i am an Melee class, and get a debuff on me making me damage myself each time I attack, I wait it out or run away.

The point with shamelessly advertising another game here is to show, that no class should stand out of the crowd by having no weak spots.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    So we can conclude, that this soldier was the problem, not NSD.
    Sometimes just running away isn't always an option. Engineers run faster than my soldier does.

I know because i've come out of decon with karst or mostiado camping me at the respawn point. Which say's many, many things about how off balance engi's are against soldiers.

Look, many soldiers in this thread are blowing it out of proportion. The fact of the matter is that NSD doesn't need removing, just tweaking.

Less debuff with less duration and less spam-ability would do wonders for soldiers while still giving engi's the advantage in almost all scenario's due to the nature of an engineer's special absorbing defense nearly negating the core of a soldiers offensive toolset.

You'll still beat most soldiers if they don't have a clue. It just gives the few of us who do a little more than "m,v" and AMS a chance to at least get away, or not die in seconds that you can count on your 2 hands.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Sometimes just running away isn't always an option. Engineers run faster than my soldier does.
    My Engineer has an amazing 1900 RS. I wonder how you can't out run that.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    Ive got about the same.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Same. The main difference is I'm usually teamed with my gf on her advy. I hate being slow.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa View Post
    a 216 engi has 5 blockers every 50 seconds, that musta been one gimp ass soldier... (7x30 spec blockers are 218+)
    My 216 engi has 7 blockers every 60s!

But yeah I'm all up to nerf NSD if they also nerf reflects in general and add more ways to deal against them.
    blah

oh right, those retarded team spec blockers, i forgot those >.<
    those are easier to break through though since it is visible when they refresh.

in 50 seconds an AR soldier does 11 specials ( 13 in 60 seconds), so either way it's enough for the soldier to do 6 specials after killing blockers, which should leave the engi with very little in the way of defense left (if he's even still alive).

the problem in that case seems to be more that the soldier is an idiot then the engi being OP.

doniger: how in the hell do you get 9? O.o

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Same. The main difference is I'm usually teamed with my gf on her advy. I hate being slow.
    My engi has 2055 RS self. With a right wrist implant (Pistol, AS, FS). So maybe you guys have a custom left wrist implant? I'm using a Alpha control LW there, as well as in Legs. I use, however, a Cloak of the Ranger. Don't know what you use.. probably a eRBP?

My soldier on the other hand has 1980 RS. And if I gave up 29 HD, I could get to 2038.

That's without Playful Cub graft for both professions btw.

OK, all in all both profession RS sucks as any of my other 220s is at 2100-2200 minimum RS hands down.

oh right, those retarded team spec blockers, i forgot those >.<
    those are easier to break through though since it is visible when they refresh.

in 50 seconds an AR soldier does 11 specials ( 13 in 60 seconds), so either way it's enough for the soldier to do 6 specials after killing blockers, which should leave the engi with very little in the way of defense left (if he's even still alive).

the problem in that case seems to be more that the soldier is an idiot then the engi being OP.

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Wait.. Are you actually implying that a soldier has a chance whatsoever in a 1v1 against an engi?

i was talking about a 216 engi here, not a 220.
    against a 216 they deff have a chance if they know what they're doing.
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

There are toons at 216 that can out run Capped RS 220 toons. Happens all the time on BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Megasis View Post
    There are toons at 216 that can out run Capped RS 220 toons. Happens all the time on BS.

There are lvl 200 toons who can outrun lvl 220's, just throw em GSF. but ontopic, your post is completely inrelevant.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    There are lvl 200 toons who can outrun lvl 220's, just throw em GSF. but ontopic, your post is completely inrelevant.
    Welcome to the AO forums!

hmm
    Last edited by Megasis; Sep 16th, 2010 at 18:41:50.

Sorry. Typo. It was 6. The RK blockers.
    General of First Order

You all (solds or not) assume that ams and reflects will make it unchanged. This made this thread quite useless.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    You all (solds or not) assume that ams and reflects will make it unchanged. This made this thread quite useless.
    Meaning it fits in rather well with every other thread in here.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast