Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Well, it's a first step.

NSD removed and let the pvpers decide what is balanced next.

Like NSD is the most OP thing in AO, that has the highest priority
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

So remove a nano that's been around since day one because it REDUCES, not negates, your reflects, and you don't like that? If anything it should be twice as strong to make up for every butt hurt griefing soldier or group of soldiers killing my bots.

Make it so that every special attack soldiers are hit with, reduces the duration of their AMS by 17 seconds each time, so 7 special hits would be enough to remove AMS.

You already killed the traders BR, funcom is talking about removing LE nukes and now this?
    Im all for it, will make my soldier even more OPed
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

How about we remove the AS pistol and nerf AS for everyone. There is your real problem. All the bitching and moaning about engis always comes back to that stupid idiotic pistol and it is no doubt going to get my remod engi nerfed to hell. Not that anyone other engi would care though, long as they got their precious AS.

But.......I could live with NSD nerfing reflects -30%, removing all the annoying osb reflects is one of the best things about the nano. Outright removing it or nerfing it to oblivion (like -15% reflects) I would be strongly against. The nano is ancient, like beginning of AO ancient. The fact that it could be op'd now is because engineers have morphed into agents with pets and a support profession toolset is just a freebie when it comes to the success of today's "real pvp engineer".

How about you give a reasonable argument other than 'remove this, it kills me'?

Or actually, let's just remove it from the game, take out anything that makes it easier to kill their target.

Concerning AS and remod: Use remod all you'd like, nobody's saying AS is the only option, but I'd rather not rely on my pets to do all the work for me on my target like that weapon requires. People use AS for a reason, it's not because they want to be amazing damage dumping monsters.. playing without it is very noticeable.

Does a person need AS to be competitive still? No. Does a person need AS if they want guaranteed damage every 11 seconds, (yes yes, blockers or coon) regardless of the damage? Yes.

You're also right that these threads change into AS complaint ones, you brought it up, after all.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Once NSD is fixed.. we want RI to be fixed too.

There isn't a single soldier that relies on RI....
    I lol'ed, thanks for the laugh.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    really? another one man? i guess you love showing your pro skills
    The pistol CS crat speaks again about skills \o/
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Just my 2 cents,

Engineers are your true and ancient Nemisis. I 've seen soldiers run like hell for them or even press "h" after zoning just to be safe from six feet under. If a soldier tries to balance an eng-sol fight with demolishing our pets (preferably when they are rooted somewhere), there is no need to alter the rest of the engies toolset. Soldiers are so OP-ed with their reflect setups, even FC recognised that and gave traders the borrow reflect.

This nano is one of the few things that makes engineers worthwhile before TL7. Now you want to nerf my engie to hell and back against soldiers - who, when clueful enough to use a microphone swap to remove my 3 blockers that refresh every 60 seconds, already have a very good shot at winning.

Thank you.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

NSD removed and let the pvpers decide what is balanced next.

Let pvpers decide? Jeez, m8, no way, you don't give an airplane commands to a (even slightly) trisomic child...
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Wrong numbers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncey View Post
    AMS + ofab back = 87
    NSD = -48

You still end up with 39 %

Tbh i don't think NSD is what makes hate eng so much, if it wasnt for the specials absorbs i'm sure you would pierce a eng with FA's , burst , as's, before he did you.

Cheers,
    António

AMS + ofab back+XXX = 101% projectile dmg, rest 97% reflect
    NSD = -48

You end up with 53 % projectile dmg, rest 49%.
    P.s. Do you really huge engineers and you wait till he lands NSD?
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Its not really just NSD. Its the combo of blockers/NSD/coon/BR, ect...kinda like what everyone and his brother complains about advys. (not that I dont agree advys are OP)
    Why do u think sols gleefully kill engie pets? Cause we cant scratch the engie before we are toast. Kinda like the Microphone thing...once upon a time, yeah, we could do it. I did it myself. But with refreshing blockers? Nope.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I know I can't hope to keep 86% reflect + bracers on me without all that nemesis crap but I'm in favor to have NSD out.

Because I want to die by mistakes or bad luck and not 'an engie went by'. It's because of this kind of crap that I voted for halving special caps in pvp instead of getting ofab back.

It's the whole combo that sucks, it wouldn't be that bad if we had a chance to even hit back, get the engie off our back and take it easy until it time out. With good timing, my add dmg perks are ready and cocoon is not

Btw, yes reflects remains, but it doesn't cut it. Maybe that's why we use AMS in the first place.

I don't care is an engie can still kill me, no prof should push another to leave by its mere presence.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    So remove a nano that's been around since day one because it REDUCES, not negates, your reflects,.
    It makes them too low to make a real difference. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    and you don't like that? If anything it should be twice as strong to make up for every butt hurt griefing soldier or group of soldiers killing my bots.
    Okay. So you're saying you aren't easily killing any soldier that comes close to you? Would really like to hear you actually say that.
    Soldiers probably wouldn't care about your pets if they had a chance to even touch you.

Quote Originally Posted by itis View Post
    Just my 2 cents,

Engineers are your true and ancient Nemisis. I 've seen soldiers run like hell for them or even press "h" after zoning just to be safe from six feet under. If a soldier tries to balance an eng-sol fight with demolishing our pets (preferably when they are rooted somewhere), there is no need to alter the rest of the engies toolset. Soldiers are so OP-ed with their reflect setups, even FC recognised that and gave traders the borrow reflect.

Actually the sucker that were in charge of those changes no longer in charge of AO and our present GM is removing his "ideas" one by one.
    BR being one that's been fixed already.

Ok... bring me any toon with 39% reflects as YOUR ONLY DEFENSE... I will show you how you hit reclaim in less than 30 seconds guaranteed. And I will show you with a number of different profs.
    Thank you for being supportive of Agents getting more defence, so they are playable for other mimics than Doctor.

and as others have noted:
    NSD is not the problem, it has always been there, if something suddenly is wrong now, it is because of something else, something new that needs to be adjusted.

Someone mentioned Agents using NSD.. so what defences do an Agent mimicking Engineer have?

and using bot-nets(½joke) to spam the forum is not the way to go for balancing..
    I am all for including more people in the game for balancing, but just providing one link for one profession, that is just tipping the scale in favour of personal interest.

But that gave me an idea for the suggestion forum, so it is not all in vain.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    First of all, your spamming neutnet like crazy on rk2 requesting only soldiers to look at it, yea thats very objective.

now the real deal, Soldiers get how many specials a minute on a SMG setup? 10x Flingshot, 6x burst, 5x FA. so just if you time nicely, you can disable the spec blocks in 12 seconds!!! then drop a FA+flingshot+burst on the engi, his cocoon breaks on the FA, so your flinshot and burst go through! this all in 22 seconds. you just disabled the engi's cocoon, AND spec blockers in 22 secs. drop some of your perks, then at 33 secs your FA is up and finish it..
    Uh. Wanna explain how after 33 seconds the engi absorbs didn't refresh there?

No?

now this seems perfect, ain't it?
    From the engis point of view I guess that's true. The soldier is dead long before any of your theoretical fantasies come true.

now ofcourse you might not win every fight with a engi by following this awesome guide, but i do think it describes how you can kill engi's, infact with abit of kiting you could disable the pets, dodge NSD and even get an easyer kill.
    I have a half finished pvm engi and i've yet to come across any soldier that lasts more than 20 seconds. Any soldier than wants to challenge my supah gimp of an engi for a duel feel free by the way.
    I aven't exactly gotten many duel requests from soldiers.

Actually I didn't get any, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Thank you for being supportive of Agents getting more defence, so they are playable for other mimics than Doctor.

and as others have noted:
    NSD is not the problem, it has always been there, if something suddenly is wrong now, it is because of something else, something new that needs to be adjusted.
    A few years ago engis didn't have as monstrous dmg as they do now.
    Nanoskills also went up by half a light year but virtually nothing happend to NR.

Also, just because something has been in game for a long time doesnt mean it's balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Someone mentioned Agents using NSD.. so what defences do an Agent mimicking Engineer have?
    CH, roots, snares, conceal and decent evades if properly twinked?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Uh. Wanna explain how after 33 seconds the engi absorbs didn't refresh there?

No?
    From the engis point of view I guess that's true. The soldier is dead long before any of your theoretical fantasies come true.

I have a half finished pvm engi and i've yet to come across any soldier that lasts more than 20 seconds. Any soldier than wants to challenge my supah gimp of an engi for a duel feel free by the way.
    I aven't exactly gotten many duel requests from soldiers.

Actually I didn't get any, ever.
    made a mistake at the 33 seconds, true. however you can land burst and flingshot.

i bet any soldier could kite you, and your pets and NSD for longer then 20 seconds.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast