Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Null Space Disruptor

oh and saying that nsd has fair def check....thats true, but not when used on someone with so low nr :P
    Shadecrash/Drcrash/Crashcz
    [Come Get Some] - Supersonic Electronic
    set

Ehn, debump. There needs to be a counter to reflects in the game.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadecrash View Post
    actualy NSD is ok as is, problem is with blockers
    Fixed.. Blockers kill soldiers, not NSD
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 15:56:04.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    AI perks lands without a prob... And well a good MA in a rather defensive setup has 3700 def without limber/dof up... So if you try to perk with 4700 that means he's got limber/ES up at the very least.. That's my guess :P But I'm not deluding from the fact that a MA 1v1 really should beat a soldier if they are evenly matched on equip/tower etc.
    You've seen it from the end of my soldier.

I have to have mongo rage up and you have to have only limber up and i still need a fair bit of luck for my alpha to even come close to killing you.

If you pop DoF or have CIB up, it's game over regardless. You know that. Knuckle is a perfect example of my post in this thread before (that i think got deleted) how people only post extremeist sides of issues that are full of crap, which leads to the devs/FC having to try and sort through all the BS and attempt to make a good decision but all they get delivered from their player base is a bunch of bogus.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Ehn, debump. There needs to be a counter to reflects in the game.
    Ok..

But then... where's my counter to 7 blockers/30 secs + Bior + Coon?

Oh and I need something quite fast, as I have about 6 secs left to live with NSD running.

aggree with both mostadio and ocene :P
    set

Regrowth is 5mins and far from an instant chunk of HP healed up, coon lasts a few seconds against any prof with decent perk damage.

Sure, blockers(engis main defence) screw soldiers more than anybody else, but without an engineer around, how many profs does AMS(soldiers main defence) screw? Here's a hint: It's more than one.
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 19:22:53.

ams is op, but our low run speed and weakness to roots/snares/watever makes soldier balanced imo, dont forget, its our only defence. engis have coon+blockers, someone have weaker heals+evades, cc + evades and we have ams only. i am pretty sure that every soldier would trade some of his ams for other defence.
    set

We know for a fact that reflects will be capped.

This means bye bye to 100% proj reflect setups or 96% melee setups and the like. Yes soldier's reflect are quite awesome, not the best, but awesome nevertheless.

NSD should have been nerfed a long time ago. Just like BR.

Keeping NSD ingame with capped reflects doesn't make any sense particularly when the word "Balance" is in the same sentence.

100% reflect is cool but is almost as effective as 87%, yeah, u can use ams abit later but sols usualy dont die under ams, no matter if its 87 or 100, its players who think its awesome to have 100% just because they do 0 dmg instead of 200.
    set

100% reflect is cool but is almost as effective as 87%, yeah, u can use ams abit later but sols usualy dont die under ams, no matter if its 87 or 100, its players who think its awesome to have 100% just because they do 0 dmg instead of 200.
    True, particularly if you have a good HD setup.. however in mass pvp, there will be a difference if you are tanking LOTS of ppl

ams is op, but our low run speed and weakness to roots/snares/watever makes soldier balanced imo, dont forget, its our only defence.
    Its your primary defense, not only. And for the 1:20 you are using it, you are damn near untouchable by most profs. But I do agree, soldiers are balanced, for the most part.

engis have coon+blockers, someone have weaker heals+evades, cc + evades and we have ams only. i am pretty sure that every soldier would trade some of his ams for other defence.
    Nobody has stated that engis defence is bad, but it's definitely not as OP as most people make it out to be. Sure, blockers help with professions that rely on fast recharging or multiple specials to kill, but perk damage eats coon up in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    But then... where's my counter to 7 blockers/30 secs + Bior + Coon?
    You don't get one.
    Waiting for a cure.

We know for a fact that reflects will be capped.

This means bye bye to 100% proj reflect setups or 96% melee setups and the like. Yes soldier's reflect are quite awesome, not the best, but awesome nevertheless.

NSD should have been nerfed a long time ago. Just like BR.

Keeping NSD ingame with capped reflects doesn't make any sense particularly when the word "Balance" is in the same sentence.
    Sure, we know reflects are getting capped, so wouldn't it be safe to assume the one nano that makes others able to really damage you will get a rework too? And keep in mind, NSD is not JUST a TL7 nano, a lot of lower engineers rely on it.

Here is your counter for blockers http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=156764
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

To NSD whiners...

Good thing we have seen documentation with all the changes made to engie toolset. Oh, wait...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Ok so... borrow reflect is already pretty useless against soldiers, LE nukes are promised to be nerfed, now they whine about NSD. I see where this is going.

*Runs off to roll a soldier*
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Pretty much.. Claming engis want to be god, yet wanting everything that touches reflects removed or heavily nerfed seems a bit.. Backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    Pretty much.. Claming engis want to be god, yet wanting everything that touches reflects removed or heavily nerfed seems a bit.. Backwards?
    Is this the Balance forum? I might have made a mistake..

Where is the balance with NSD ingame? Explain that to me.

Also, you claim soldiers have a secondary defense.. what defense are you referring to?
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 21:18:21.

Also, you claim, soldiers have a secondary defense.. what defense are you referring to?
    C'mon Ocene you know this!! It's in soldiering 101, it's called sitting with HD ticking. The special soldier defence :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast