Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Practical Nemesises

Practical Nemesises

This topic is a collection of what profs have a "practical" nemesis on a other proffesion, so not the actaul Nemesis nano's. but who almost always win in PvP from the other class due to toolset. This topic only meant for Tl7 pvp.

I can only add in what i know from my own experience, so i highly hope you guys could fill int he rest, (the remaining 95%) make sure you add in which prof has the nemesis on which other prof, and for which reason.

Adventurer

Agent

Bureaucrat

Doctor

Enforcer
    Crat - Enforcers, ignore their CC tools, High NR avoids 50% of their casting, enough def to actually evade their pet damage, multiple damage types against absorbs.
    Docs - Enforcers, rage clears DoTs, ignores init debuffs, alpha based profession with several possible stuns, all perks land.

Engineer
    Soldier - Engi's Have a practical nemesis on a soldier due to NSD and Blockers.
    Martial artist - Engi's have a practical nemesis on a MA, due to high pet AR making evades useless, while combined with defences like blockers and cocoon.

Fixer
    Shade - Fixer's evade there perks/stuns.

Keeper

Martial artist
    Enforcers - MA's, they have enough AR to actually hit enforcers, they have quick survival tools, very high def against evade close.
    Shade - MA's shade's generally can't perk or stun the MA.

Meta-physicist
    Seem to have no practical nemesis, needs confirmation.

Nano-technician
    Fixer - NT's have a practical nemesis on fixer's due to there nukes, which are not resistable. making fixers toolset useless.

Shade

Soldier

Trader
    Last edited by Livesangry; Sep 5th, 2010 at 03:21:42.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Hm, from what I've seen:

Agent - MA/enf
    Crat - NT/enf
    Doc - Shade/Enf
    Enf - Sold
    Engi - Shade/NT/enf
    Fixer - NT
    Keeper - ???
    MAs - R. Advs, crats with 3200+ AR.
    MP(zset) - NTs/trader
    MP (bow) - Everyone?
    NT - Enfs/trader/agents if they use los
    Shade - MA/NT/fixer/crat/trader
    Sold - NT/engi/trader
    Trader - Enf probably

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Hm, from what I've seen:

Agent - MA/enf
    Crat - NT/enf
    Doc - Shade/Enf
    Enf - Sold
    Engi - Shade/NT/enf
    Fixer - NT
    Keeper - ???
    MAs - R. Advs, crats with 3200+ AR.
    MP(zset) - NTs/trader
    MP (bow) - Everyone?
    NT - Enfs/trader/agents if they use los
    Sold - NT/engi/trader
    Trader - Enf probably
    I would add em, if you add in reasons to why they win so easy.
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

MA - engi (soli engi especially, blockers, high dmg, overpowered pet AR)
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA - engi (soli engi especially, blockers, high dmg, overpowered pet AR)

Added
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

Eh, not to validate this fairly pointless thread in any way, but... if crat is the engi nemisis, wouldn't it follow that crats easily beat engis in duels? Which they don't...

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the last pet you'll want to be charming is an engi pet, considering the snare will snare both yourself and your pets and tends to be buggy as hell. At best it's a way to annoy an engi on the BS..
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 1st, 2010 at 15:09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Eh, not to validate this fairly pointless thread in any way, but... if crat is the engi nemisis, wouldn't it follow that crats easily beat engis in duels? Which they don't...

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the last pet you'll want to be charming is an engi pet, considering the snare will snare both yourself and your pets and tends to be buggy as hell. At best it's a way to annoy an engi on the BS..

Well, from my personal experience, if a crat steals my pets, i lose all offensive but AS, while the stolen pets and crat eats me up. but feel free to discuss/add.
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

Son, I am disappoint. I opened this thread thinking that it was going to be a discussion of natural nemeses and how to promote these and instead it's just another "What prof can kill what other prof easiest?"

So, to completely derail from the original intention, I think that there are certain professions that should have a natural animosity and therefore should have tools that negatively impact the other profession. Sort of how the nemesis nanos were supposed to be, but never really made it. For instance, Keepers and Shades seem like natural enemies (righteous versus undead). Enforcers and Agents would seem to be another pairing. Doctors and Soldiers (killer versus healer)? Martial Artists and Metaphysicists (a stretch, but you could make it a philosophical difference). Bureacrats and Engineers (the executive versus the working man). Nanotechnicians versus Traders (those that gather the nano and those that steal it). And Adventurers and Fixers (might have to makes something up here since they are just the ones left over ).

It would be kind of cool to promote these conflicts and give each of the professions tools specific to negatively impacting their opposing profession. The current nemesis nanos (beyond the fact that some of them are ridiculously OP while others are completely useless) don't make sense to me. Why would a Bureaucrat have a nemesis nano for Adventurers? Or a Doctor for a Bureaucrat? The shade one makes some sort of sense, but why does the Enfo have one for MAs? I think there was a lot of potential in these to create something kind of cool instead of just useless or ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

MP (bow): everyone - fairly low evades (for borderline evade prof), self-sustainable blockers disable 90% of their toolset and usage of their toolset disables their only reliable defence (blockers), they are perkable by nearly anything, lack of prof specific absorbs, unreliable healing (dizzy/fragile heal pet)
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Fixer: r adv, NT, pistol engis

I'm not trying to make drama (100% sure it will happen though) trying to make a overview of which prof can roll over other profs easely, . as it's not fair(balanced)if one prof can kill 3-5 other profs without having a hard time, and Mp's are getting pwned by all. yes, it might seem obvious which profs easely win from which, this is just a easy overview.
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    I'm not trying to make drama (100% sure it will happen though) trying to make a overview of which prof can roll over other profs easely, . as it's not fair(balanced)if one prof can kill 3-5 other profs without having a hard time, and Mp's are getting pwned by all. yes, it might seem obvious which profs easely win from which, this is just a easy overview.
    Problem is that the most active forum posters tend to think of their profession as the nerfest, and everyone else's as the worst.

Except for the fact that bow MPs really do suck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Doc - Shade/Enf

Engi - Shade

doc vs shade is a fun fairly balanced fight if the doc knows how to kite, which the good ones do.

engi vs shade is not one sided. they both have tools to easily kill the other. i suppose this is one situation where shade should be the nemesis of the engi since shade's damage bypasses blockers.

shade vs ma - fairly one sided since shade's generally can't perk or stun the ma and ma's have heaps of damage on the shade. so i'd say yes, this is a nemesis situation.

shade vs fixer - one sided completely. shade's have no tool set against fixers but not the other way around. nemesis situation.

shade vs crat - crats have some of the advantage but its not always one sided.
    shade vs NT - can splat each other.
    shade vs trader - whomever gets the jump has the advantage. if the trader can survive the initial alpha, then its usually one sided after that.

first off... its depending on situation and scenario... i dont know / understand, in which scenarion you are looking for a nemesis...

f.e. As an Agent in a duelsituation, i got almost every professions as Nemesis nowadays, since im mostly not allowed to kite and stand still to watch thoose debuffs go wild on me and disable my defense. So i cant beat: Enfs (perkalpha, stuns, init debuffs) Sols when they use RI (obvious)
    crats(not perkable, init debuffs petdmg), Engies (blocker coon, pet dmg, as, nanodrain, blah)
    Mas (init debuffs , high dmg toe to toe) , Docs (only one chance to alpha, then im meat)...

All other professions are tough , like Nts, Traders, Mps, but doable when all things go right and im not unlucky.

On Bs, things turn out to be totally different, when i may moove and use terrain and range as my advantage... As long as i dont face a zerg of 3+ people, i moslty only run when i RIed from sols or when im init debuffed to hell from a doc and more DDs of the oposing faction pop by....

Im pretty sure, this counts for almost every Profession... you cant say, profession x is a definate nemesis to profession y, because in another Situatuin, it might turn out completly different...

my 2 cents
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

Doctors arent problem for my Martial artist, some soldiers either.. traders like "all omni traders" are leet pie for us too.. its all about how you play, if you use flurry against engi they die faster than you can imagine. against traders just start with uwos and drains wont land and stun alpha=win
    Last edited by mcnurja; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 09:48:57.

Writing in black is not a good idea.

MPs have heal/nanodmg efficiency debuff. Doesn't really hurt the intended professions but works against a few.
    blah

Why make a distinction between bow/zset MPs, and not off/def focus NT ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Why make a distinction between bow/zset MPs, and not off/def focus NT ?
    Do NTs give up doubles/triples by going def?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Do NTs give up doubles/triples by going def?
    Yes. That's the main effect of off/def focus.. it prevents using NS2 with LE nukes. It last 30 minutes and is refreshed on cast.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Crat - Enforcers, ignore their CC tools, High NR avoids 50% of their casting, enough def to actually evade their pet damage, multiple damage types against absorbs.

Docs - Enforcers, rage clears DoTs (stupid), ignores init debuffs, alpha based profession with several possible stuns, all perks land.

Docs - Shades, highest alpha damage against NON-EVADE PROFESSIONS, best choice for defeating a doctor (now that traders are nerfed).

Enforcers - MA's, they have enough AR to actually hit enforcers, they have quick survival tools, very high def against evade close. Random encounters enforcers may catch an MA with his toolset down, in duels the MA has to make mistakes for the enforcer to defeat them. Majority of enf vs MA fights are losses for the enf.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast