Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evades - How good should they be

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Heh, Ocene. I see what you did there dawg.
    a bit of sarcasm on self never hurt.

Anyone else notice the massive discrepency between AR adding and Def adding items?

I mean, take a look at this:

QL 300 Implants, triple implanted Offense Modifier gives 79 AAO.
    QL 300 Implants, triple implanted Defense Modifier gives 354 AAD.

Albatrum Ranged Utils x3 gives 90 Weapon Skill, 10 AAO, total of 100 AR.
    Albatrum Def Utils (Infused Defender, Defender, Infused Vision Pres) gives 125 AAD.

Offense Research Hud gives 60 AAO.
    Combat Research Hud gives 75 Weapon Skills.
    Defense Research Hud gives 100 Evades, 50 AAD, total of 150 Def.

DB1/DB2/12m buffs give 100 AR, 130 Def.

Zod NCUs give 5 AR.
    Xan NCUs give 6 AR.
    DB1 Evade NCU gives 50 Def.

Dreadloch Offense Huds give 20-25 AR.
    Dreadloch Defense Huds give 25-50 Def.

Acrobat for 4 perks give 190 Evades +200 +800.
    Almost any weaponskill line gives 200 AR.

Just adding up the generic, non-prof specific items that are italicized here's the difference:

Total Offense Added: 360.
    Total Defense Added: 809.
    Total Difference: 449.

Here's the question... Why?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Here is mine, why didn't you include every Item's Weapon Skills and every point of Evade Skills in your calcs ? For Implants/Symbiants et cetara, could give a clearer picture no ?
    DB buffs also give add. dmg, things like that. I know that it wasn't the point, but you've gotta think about it. Plus AAD is told to work with AGG/DEF bar. AAO is not, afaIk, AR ain't, AAD is a lot of Evade Profession's defense also. A lot of other things to include imo. Not everyone has access to Acro as well.

Perfect example of a Profession's "offense" that changes with AGG/DEF bar. MAs. Why ? It's called inits. That's also something to point out, as someone said that that bar wouldn't change offense in any way, well it does, to a certain extent.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Sep 4th, 2010 at 21:54:54.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Here's the question... Why?
    If they added the same, then going offensive would effectively cancel out going defensive.

This can't happen, because there would be no benefit, ever, to going defensive. You'd merely be cancelling out your own offence, for no benefit. (assuming PVP)

That said, mr offence man in this example would have crap evades anyway. So Mr defence could hit them. Problem lies in OFF vs OFF would land everything, and OFF vs DEF would land everything, and DEF vs DEF would land nothing on anyone. So why would anyone use defence items.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Here is mine, why didn't you include every Item's Weapon Skills and every point of Evade Skills in your calcs ? For Implants/Symbiants et cetara, could give a clearer picture no ?
    DB buffs also give add. dmg, things like that. I know that it wasn't the point, but you've gotta think about it. Plus AAD is told to work with AGG/DEF bar. AAO is not, afaIk, AR ain't, AAD is a lot of Evade Profession's defense also. A lot of other things to include imo. Not everyone has access to Acro as well.

Perfect example of a Profession's "offense" that changes with AGG/DEF bar. MAs. Why ? It's called inits. That's also something to point out, as someone said that that bar wouldn't change offense in any way, well it does, to a certain extent.
    I didn't include acro in the totals at the end. Also, if we were to count evades and weaponskills things would still remain almost exactly the same. Another thing, AAD is a mystery. Nobody knows how it works beyond speculation. There is no single formula that the playerbase has that calculates how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    If they added the same, then going offensive would effectively cancel out going defensive.

This can't happen, because there would be no benefit, ever, to going defensive. You'd merely be cancelling out your own offence, for no benefit. (assuming PVP)

That said, mr offence man in this example would have crap evades anyway. So Mr defence could hit them. Problem lies in OFF vs OFF would land everything, and OFF vs DEF would land everything, and DEF vs DEF would land nothing on anyone. So why would anyone use defence items.
    Why shouldn't there be professions who can ignore evades at the cost of being extremely squishy? Excluding MR of course.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Why shouldn't there be professions who can ignore evades at the cost of being extremely squishy? Excluding MR of course.
    NTs?

Another thing, AAD is a mystery.
    Maybe it seems so, though there has been someone in here, cannot recall whom, when or where, who has provided various testings that would "clearly" show that AAD could be working along with slide bar, I think. Didn't look up that very post that could interest us, but I think you may be able to find it quite easily (I'm too lazy atm, tbh).
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    NTs?
    NTs arent squishy
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

@Ange : Was my buddy Threeze iirc.

@Moonbolt : you should work harder on your toon
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

NTs?
    They're not as squishy as they'd like you to believe they are.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

But they ignore evades and they are squishy compared to what's out there, it's just that their killing power and killing speed makes them seem like they aren't.

Aside from bow MPs what's squishier than a NT?
    Last edited by Weltall; Sep 5th, 2010 at 11:37:47.

But they ignore evades and they are squishy compared to what's out there, it's just that their killing power and killing speed makes them seem like they aren't.

There's MPs, Traders and Shades, for example.

wouldnt call some1 with access to nbg/ns2 on top of SFI and GNS ( or SNS, depending on tl ) squishy, at tl5 less then at tl7, but if the nt plays it right, he aint dieing anytime soon

and to answer your question: trader/bow mp/crat/agent/fixer/shade and maybe even ma

nt's being a glasscannon is long time not true no more
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 5th, 2010 at 12:20:51.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

Wrong. It wouldnt cancel out anything. Full def would give you full benefit off your defense, but not full benefit of your offense, and the other way around. This way you can make a choice depending on the situation. If you want to hit and hurt someone, you need to be prepared to be hit and hurt back. It would introduce some tactics.
    General of First Order

Ah yes, traders as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Wrong. It wouldnt cancel out anything. Full def would give you full benefit off your defense, but not full benefit of your offense, and the other way around. This way you can make a choice depending on the situation. If you want to hit and hurt someone, you need to be prepared to be hit and hurt back. It would introduce some tactics.
    Except that some professions, crats for one, have no other defense than evades, effectively ruling out the option of going full aggro, ever, considering they'd end up easy instant kills for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Except that some professions, crats for one, have no other defense than evades, effectively ruling out the option of going full aggro, ever, considering they'd end up easy instant kills for everyone.
    But nobody knows whether you are offensive or defensive, so why not be offensive when supporting others and defensive when under attack. And if CC tools worked like they were supposed to, it would be an excellent oppertunity for crats.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    wouldnt call some1 with access to nbg/ns2 on top of SFI and GNS ( or SNS, depending on tl ) squishy, at tl5 less then at tl7, but if the nt plays it right, he aint dieing anytime soon

and to answer your question: trader/bow mp/crat/agent/fixer/shade and maybe even ma

nt's being a glasscannon is long time not true no more
    Right, NTs never die, do they? Must be thanks to their awesome means to heal the damage that they still get hit with, bar NS2...

As for squishies podium, bow mp? fixers?mas? In MR Online perhaps, but that's about it.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    If only CC worked properly and pets could temporarily force aggro in PvP (or damage to pets)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Right, NTs never die, do they? Must be thanks to their awesome means to heal the damage that they still get hit with, bar NS2...

As for squishies podium, bow mp? fixers?mas? In MR Online perhaps, but that's about it.
    Bow MPs are squishy as hell. So are alot of shades, especially if you can root them.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

If only CC worked properly and pets could temporarily force aggro in PvP (or damage to pets)
    CC will work properly after balancing... for 4s and if you can bypass immunities...
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast