Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Evades - How good should they be

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post

Bow MPs are squishy as hell. So are alot of shades, especially if you can root them.
    Nerf, did read SoZ MP somehow.

Alright, no more beer for me. Shades I did not comment cause at least they lack real badass heals.

Edit : noticed I also WROTE bow MP... What do they put in their beers in Netherland ffs...
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Anyone else notice the massive discrepency between AR adding and Def adding items?

I mean, take a look at this:

QL 300 Implants, triple implanted Offense Modifier gives 79 AAO.
    QL 300 Implants, triple implanted Defense Modifier gives 354 AAD.

Albatrum Ranged Utils x3 gives 90 Weapon Skill, 10 AAO, total of 100 AR.
    Albatrum Def Utils (Infused Defender, Defender, Infused Vision Pres) gives 125 AAD.

Offense Research Hud gives 60 AAO.
    Combat Research Hud gives 75 Weapon Skills.
    Defense Research Hud gives 100 Evades, 50 AAD, total of 150 Def.

DB1/DB2/12m buffs give 100 AR, 130 Def.

Zod NCUs give 5 AR.
    Xan NCUs give 6 AR.
    DB1 Evade NCU gives 50 Def.

Dreadloch Offense Huds give 20-25 AR.
    Dreadloch Defense Huds give 25-50 Def.

Acrobat for 4 perks give 190 Evades +200 +800.
    Almost any weaponskill line gives 200 AR.

Just adding up the generic, non-prof specific items that are italicized here's the difference:

Total Offense Added: 360.
    Total Defense Added: 809.
    Total Difference: 449.

Here's the question... Why?
    PVM :P this game is not all about pvp. AAD>AAO in pvm in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    PVM :P this game is not all about pvp. AAD>AAO in pvm in my experience.
    So because evade classes need evades in PvM, means non-evade classes can't have really high AR in PvP or PvM?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I noticed that discrepancy a long time ago. Not sure there is much reason to say much about it. The game can sway either way and AAO balance benefits certain professions and AAD favours the others, sometimes it favours both. Personally, I think AO has it right ... if they are leaning towards AAD, then profs have some access to attacks that land regardless like SA and AS. Otherwise, you're just playing a game where nukers run around with Max AAD for PVP, the only relevant variable to optimze being their NR/nanoskill balance. Everyone else would just be irrelevant.

People might not like it but AS/SA and high damage nukers are necessary evils to equalize all this excessive AAD.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

It's a tough call. I'll go with the crat example as it's my current active "main". AAD can be overpowered right now but at the same time with no other damage mitigation it almost has to be. Give me some other means of defense than getting all the aad gear I can find and i'd use it but right now it's just not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderred View Post
    It's a tough call. I'll go with the crat example as it's my current active "main". AAD can be overpowered right now but at the same time with no other damage mitigation it almost has to be. Give me some other means of defense than getting all the aad gear I can find and i'd use it but right now it's just not there.
    try kiting.

Crats are Op'd to hell when it comes to getting out of a situation. Tried AOE fear yet?

You don't even NEED to kite, you just need to root/fear and get out of range.

Easy.

Remember when such bloated statements actually meant something? Seriously, nowadays, unless you make something out to be atleast a hundred times worse than it actually is, it doesn't even register anymore..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234