Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Future tl5 BS150-200

Future tl5 BS150-200

Thiz is hoaw we creatz balanze.

Tell me your thoughts how this new range creates balance?
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I hope fc will turn this around and making lvl gaps closer for bs.
    atleast it should be at tl5...
    Bs could be so much more fun if the odds where even.
    Lets say omni have 10 lvl 170 toons inside bs vs clan who have 5 150 and 5 170.
    Omni would win by big numbers and sit at b teleporters and kill everyone who dares to come out and play....
    And vice versa
    This is no fun at all.................
    I bet almost everyone who made a twink at tl5 agree that even rounds are more fun exiting and revarding.....

Make tl5 bs 165-174
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by supernaute View Post
    I hope fc will turn this around and making lvl gaps closer for bs.
    atleast it should be at tl5...
    Bs could be so much more fun if the odds where even.
    Lets say omni have 10 lvl 170 toons inside bs vs clan who have 5 150 and 5 170.
    Omni would win by big numbers and sit at b teleporters and kill everyone who dares to come out and play....
    And vice versa
    This is no fun at all.................
    I bet almost everyone who made a twink at tl5 agree that even rounds are more fun exiting and revarding.....

Make tl5 bs 165-174
    I had over 1k kills on my 150 enf those were funny times. Killing lvl 170 guy as a lvl 150 tastes much better than killing 5 150s on 170 twink.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

a 50 level gap is pretty funny, what's funnier is that I know 150 solds that will destroy level 200 given the chance.

I'm willing to give it a try, it's an interesting idea, what worries me are the availability of items like HH@B, i forget what lvl GTH is usable at now, but if that gets in...you wont see me signing up.

what i do see is more need for cooperation between players, and less need for "lone wolf" type tactics.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

hmm, this will be an interesting update to the BS. When you looked at the BS for the lower levels, nobody would sign up because like the level 1-44 BS was unfair. The TOTW level BS had tons of twinks there, and nobody on the level 100 ones.

150-200 will probably still be the most balanced, considering that 200's arent getting SK IP, so their IP will only be a bit ahead of those who have maxed their skills for TL5 at like 170ish.

Yeah, i make a Tl6 Twink with 1,75k Tokenboard and enhanced Jathos armor

It will get interesting if you have a chance with tl5 against someone who can skill everything.
    Mainly Enforcers, Agents, Keepers will be very happy with ql300 ai armor equiped
    Last edited by Firezus; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 20:27:19.

The bs ranges and general pvp ranges certainly need to be adjusted. But it has been 7 years or so since TL6 was a level range of any consequence. I think it is a good idea to make it a range with active pvp and twinking, especially with the coming (soon tm) addition of an alien playfield locked to 200.

If they leave the ranges as they are, many veterans (including me) will stop playing this game. Thats for sure.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    If they leave the ranges as they are, many veterans (including me) will stop playing this game. Thats for sure.

This is the kind of comments i hate the most "i will stop playing if this and this doesn't change, or changes..... im veteran im important to AO, so you better listen means"
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

150-189, 190-213, 214-220 could be a (better) "balance" in my eyes

the only prob would be that bs 190-213 does not run often

with 201-220 I dont see the fun. its a pure kill farming for 220s and all greenies are just up there to get there dailys and dont care about the pvp. 4-click kills .... boring

150-199, 200-21x, 21x-220 ?

Not cool for level 200 people without expansions though ...
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

lawl
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Thiz is hoaw we creatz balanze.

Tell me your thoughts how this new range creates balance?
    It doesn't but it's the best change I have seen for a while. It's especially funny considering it's a fix for the TL5 'tower' twinks above level 160 issue, unfortunately, not the fix they were looking for.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Enjoy twinking your Sector 10 characters when level 200 MPs with Urolok and Tigress come barreling down on you.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    a 50 level gap is pretty funny, what's funnier is that I know 150 solds that will destroy level 200 given the chance.
    But how? According to every soldier on the forums (and that many soldiers whining can't ALL be wrong) soldiers are the nerfest profession.

Yeah, you should probably just leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Enjoy twinking your Sector 10 characters when level 200 MPs with Urolok and Tigress come barreling down on you.
    Enjoy your 150 S10 character when level 170 Agents with CS and Cobras come barreling down on you.

I guess this is what happens when you equip a stupidly ott amount of equipment for a casual pvp zone, and expect the status quo to never ever change.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

It will be fun... untill people start bringing advie/fixer/enf/nt twinks then it will be dumb. But thats every bs tl5+ so meh

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Enjoy your 150 S10 character when level 170 Agents with CS and Cobras come barreling down on you.
    Have fun with both now
    I guess this is what happens when you equip a stupidly ott amount of equipment for a casual pvp zone, and expect the status quo to never ever change.
    To be quite honest, the amount of problems BS had was inevitable. Having upper levels to PVP zones creates a tangible ceiling that top levels can reach in the zone that no others can meet, and therefore equal footing is impossible, especially in such playfields with wide level bands.

On top of this, there were several problems with the BS population:

1) OFAB Weapons and OFAB armor are way too expensive for the effort and efficiency. This is a huge case at level 61-about 149, when there is nothing to twink for. (Foremans twinks consist mainly of GA twinks and pet professions, none of whom need OFAB in any form) Also, remember this is when the level grind sets in, and people want these levels gone and past ASAP, to reach their goals. Why farm VP then, when you do it at twinking levels when BS actually exists, and OFAB is worth farming VP for?

2) Outside of tokens and the battlestation-medkits, there is nothing reusable that costs VP. The weapons are crap until you can twink an awesome QL of it on - TL3-4 Enforcers arejust fine with Cleavers, Soldiers couldn't care less about the Shark, etc., and most of the time the weapons become terrible as you speed-run past their usefulness. Some armor is OK, but with how strange their modifiers are, there are some pieces you could get at level 49 that'd stick with you a long ways (I'm still wearing a pair of ql75 Pen OFAB Gloves on my Shade, and I have no motivation to replace it. 19 Piercing is awesome).

3) The station itself can get monotonous and is designed in a way that almost encourages spawncamping. You have two long hallways that open into an open field with teleporters at far corners - if you'r enot fast enough, a tenacious opposing side can shut down your side for the entire game while the score marker ticks its fives. There is no map variation, no other objectives, and hell, there's still no use for the weird-ass spiral in the center of the map.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

No.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Im just stating what many have said. The changes are so ridicilous. Do you think old players are willing to re-twink their every tl 5 toon? Im just saying that I don't personally have time for that, hence the reason for quitting if the changes come live as they are. Purely logical thinking.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast