Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General perks

General perks

Question to Funcom:

Since there are no documentation out regarding General Perks, does this mean they won't be changed or is it just not done yet?
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I assume (hope) that it's just not done yet. I would guess it is because, as per their definition, they can be applied to every prof and as such deserve a particularily cautious treatment.
    Moreover, some perklines were, let's face it, completely useless, and others just ridiculous (I will prolly lead a personnal crusade against notum repulsor if it's not deeply reviewed), so they most likely represent a lot of work that I'm afraid they will push back til every prof has been reviewed.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    I assume (hope) that it's just not done yet. I would guess it is because, as per their definition, they can be applied to every prof and as such deserve a particularily cautious treatment.
    Moreover, some perklines were, let's face it, completely useless, and others just ridiculous (I will prolly lead a personnal crusade against notum repulsor if it's not deeply reviewed), so they most likely represent a lot of work that I'm afraid they will push back til every prof has been reviewed.
    Yeah this is what I was thinking aswell... I hope to see alot of stuff reworked here.. Perhaps make Notum Repulsor scale down abit and make it max 4 perks.

Like first grants 300 NR -50 nano skills - Second 450 NR -200 Nano skills, the third -300 AAO +550 NR -150 Nano skills and fourth giving 700 NR -450 def -200 nano skills.. Providing 2k NR -600 nano skills and 300 less off 450 less def..

I think this would be a cool way of doing NR perks... Perhaps 4th perk also should give -200 AAO ontop... To make it a real sacrifice for anyone to use it... How big the add/decrease should be on each perk would of course not be my valuse I just used some to make an example...

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

300 NR for only 50 nanoskills seems a bit much for a first perk, really.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    300 NR for only 50 nanoskills seems a bit much for a first perk, really.
    300 NR does very little though effectively.. So I'm not sure. Maybe 100 would be more fitting, but I wouldn't say more than that

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

300 NR alone, perhaps not. 300 NR on top of already high NR at virtually no cost at all (50 nanoskills won't generally be an insurmountable problem) is.

NR in it's entirety is an odd line, though. If they take a decent approach to the rebalancing, the current form of NR should be useless, so perhaps some changes are in order.

But please, think about the children. Eh, casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Borriss
    Yeah this is what I was thinking aswell... I hope to see alot of stuff reworked here.. Perhaps make Notum Repulsor scale down abit and make it max 4 perks.

Like first grants 300 NR -50 nano skills - Second 450 NR -200 Nano skills, the third -300 AAO +550 NR -150 Nano skills and fourth giving 700 NR -450 def -200 nano skills.. Providing 2k NR -600 nano skills and 300 less off 450 less def..

I think this would be a cool way of doing NR perks... Perhaps 4th perk also should give -200 AAO ontop... To make it a real sacrifice for anyone to use it... How big the add/decrease should be on each perk would of course not be my valuse I just used some to make an example...
    yea, though it will most likely be part of a wider policy review about NR. Imo, the perkline needs to be entirely reworked into something in line with the rest : something that can be part of a persistent setup, not a setup of its own.

I agree with the spirit of your suggestion, but I already see what kind of trouble FC probably meet with NR : if "support" professions are supposed to land their "nanoskill vs NR" perk toolset (and more precisely MPs, Docs and crats), which the removal of AAO and AAD from these checks seems to make possible, they need to keep the availability of NR in check.
    Basically, any setup providing a NR score around 2,9/3k will provide partial immunity to these perks and anything even marginally higher will broaden it into a complete immunity (short of a prior NR debuff ofc, but it's mostly NT's privilege for now). It would kinda defeat the purpose.

I wouldn't like to be in FC shoes on this one
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

A lot of the general perks could do with reworking/removing.

I would quite like to see more significant choice involved.

Such that taking 1 perkline gives something and takes something away, but also stops you training some other lines.

For example

You train Notum Repulsor

It gives you more NR
    It takes away some nanoskill
    It blocks all the +nanoskill lines

Perks have just given everyone everything with very little penalty for doing so.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Proposed NR perkline change (4 perks + no more insane +20k NR setups) should add cumulative nano skill nerf and added nano vulnerability (5% for each perk trained).

So, it grants you with higher ability to counter nanos, but if one luckily goes through, it should hurt more (damage and debuffs).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

And roots that do land should be permanent.

General perks is the first thing that should have been worked on. This is because if we look at the prof specific perks/nanos without knowing what changes will be made to Gen Perks, we're not looking at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    General perks is the first thing that should have been worked on. This is because if we look at the prof specific perks/nanos without knowing what changes will be made to Gen Perks, we're not looking at the big picture.
    Yeah that's true, but since rebalance aint out yet it doesn't matter which came first really... But I must say I'm extremly curious about General perks.... The Light/heavy Inf/art lines amongst other...

Wonder if they want to keep the effects of Freak Strenght, or if they want to change it somehow.. Alot of questions! I wish Rebalance came soon

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Tomorrow the crat dosc <3 Should be very interesting. Or potentially incredibly disappointing and underwhelming

Tomorrow the crat dosc <3 Should be very interesting. Or potentially incredibly disappointing and underwhelming
    I can't wait

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

First peek at the future of pets and CC. Should provide a boatload of drama. Likely from both sides, but definitely from melee side, considering how unless roots and debuffs are entirely removed, it will be labelled OP by some

First peek at the future of pets and CC. Should provide a boatload of drama. Likely from both sides, but definitely from melee side, considering how unless roots and debuffs are entirely removed, it will be labelled OP by some
    Interresting to see if tomorrows FWM will be longer than the BS changes one, lol.

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I disagree, mainly because I see it the other way around.

I view the general perks as "hole plugging" perks, that is, to fill in gaps left by profession or group perks.

Ultimately it doesnt matter, we wont be able to see the big picture until we have all the information at our disposal.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    Yeah that's true, but since rebalance aint out yet it doesn't matter which came first really... But I must say I'm extremly curious about General perks.... The Light/heavy Inf/art lines amongst other...

Wonder if they want to keep the effects of Freak Strenght, or if they want to change it somehow.. Alot of questions! I wish Rebalance came soon
    At least it would have provided us a much better ground for discussion in a Balance Forums like this one.

Atm, we're all looking at the new changes with our existing profs (and the current General perks) in mind, which might be completely wrong when everything will be disclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    Interresting to see if tomorrows FWM will be longer than the BS changes one, lol.
    Probably. They already delayed it twice. I think the fall-out from the enforcer docs took them by chance, and they want to be better prepared for the upcoming whinefest

Atm, we're all looking at the new changes with our existing profs (and the current General perks) in mind, which might be completely wrong when everything will be disclosed.
    I think this is a problem anyway.

Its hard to judge what effect something will have when you only have a small amount of information, but people are, and whining that theyre getting nerfed or that something is going to be over powered.

Im reserving judgement until Ive seen it all in action, everyone else should too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast