Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Bureaucrat Nano Changes!

Nice changes. Good to see Crats leveling out across the board (from PvM to PvP). I had slacked off leveling my Crat a bit to wait on the Crat document to see if continuing was going to be worth the time spent. When I picked Crat I did so because of the ability to accomplish things going it solo. We don't all have hours to waste searching for teams to get things done, which is why I stopped playing most MMO's after a few months (EQ2 and LotRO mostly). I've never been much of a PvPer with all the lulz twinks and "I pwn j00" idiots you run into, so I generally stay away from it. But it's nice to know the option would be available as opposed to the cannon fodder Crats currently represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Offishall View Post
    An increase in the range is one of the things I was looking forward to the most.
    They are team + pets only now. The old motivation speech has been split into 2 auras and the old demotivational speeches have been turned into pet procs.

Since malaise is now strictly inferior to UBT and red tapes have been removed, PVM crats are basically CC and team buffing, with some NR or crit debuffs on fighting target.
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Finally the "Malaise of xyz" line is moved into the same line as UBT, and is going ot be removable by Virus Scanners !
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Aren't snares uninteresting then?
    The roots last longer, have a lower def check but the same chance of breaking and guarantee that the enemy can't move

The nukes look very nice, seems that in the future you don't have to wear css anymore for good dmg
    Last edited by Firezus; Sep 17th, 2010 at 16:55:41.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Malaise didn't really get any nerf, but rather a boost? I do see that the red tapes got some treatment though. Some crat chime in please, how will this effect PvM - I am hoping that it does reduce the easy mode of PvM with a crat in tow all boss encounters exhibit these days.

If I'm reading the doc right anything immune to ubt will be immune to malaise as well.

On boss encounters with init debuff resistances (like 12m etc) crat init debuffing power has decreased from -2564 to -250.

So yes someting of a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    They are team + pets only now. The old motivation speech has been split into 2 auras and the old demotivational speeches have been turned into pet procs.

Since malaise is now strictly inferior to UBT and red tapes have been removed, PVM crats are basically CC and team buffing, with some NR or crit debuffs on fighting target.
    I'm slightly confused about the first part of your comment. Are you saying it gets refreshed on the team and pets no matter how far away they are?

The second part of your comment I think will only be true if they did indeed cause malaise to be resisted in the same way UBT is on bosses. If that's the case, FC made a huge mistake with that one.

Are you saying it gets refreshed on the team and pets no matter how far away they are?
    It's a team aura in the same way that Commanding Presence and XP aura are now, and will work the same way, but with pets as well. To get new aura pulse, pets will presumably have to be as near as team members have to be to get CP now.
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    It's a team aura in the same way that Commanding Presence and XP aura are now, and will work the same way, but with pets as well. To get new aura pulse, pets will presumably have to be as near as team members have to be to get CP now.
    Ah ha. Then that makes me happy, thank you =)

Edit: is it possible to get a comment from one of the Devs on whether malaise will be resisted by any mob which resists UBT currently?
    Last edited by Offishall; Sep 17th, 2010 at 17:21:55.

Can't wait for next week MP changes doc.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

question, when will these changes be ingame?

my comments from fast comparison between this proposal and the situation nowadays :

AGREED
    - most buff changes are cool (debuff simplified, gun/psycho/boost buffs, nd/xp/other durations)
    - root/snare/mezz/fear & reductions are totally going in the direction of more dynamic PVM/PVP
    - capture essence addition would be really interesting, depends on conditions (...)

CRITICIZED
    - most of all : i advice to sensibly reduce the init debuff values for a more challenging PVM
    - new nukes might be too much DD added, i advice 1/3 less dmg to make little more than now
    - sacrifice pet is interesting but crat already got plenty aad & def ; should be used for something else
    Last edited by bitnykk; Sep 17th, 2010 at 20:28:59.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Weird looking Nanos

Not working propperly:

Weird looking Cut Red Tape
    User Visual profession == Bureaucrat
    Improved Cut Red Tape
    User Profession == Bureaucrat

Weird looking Soothing Calm
    Improved Soothing Calm

Weird looking Bot Reproduction
    Improved Bot Reproduction

Working:
    Weird looking Red Tape
    Improved Red Tape

While you are at it, some doc nanos not working either..

Doctor
    Weird looking Instinctive Control
    User Visual profession == Doctor
    Improved Instinctive Control
    User Profession == Doctor

Weird looking Nano Repulsor
    User Visual profession == Doctor
    Improved Nano Repulsor
    User Profession == Doctor

I consider it imbalancing that when we get the nano and upload it, then can not use them, especially considering the rarity..
    The Doctor and Bureaucrat ones are the most useful though the list of fixer nanos is annoyingly long.

Just to be sure I have uploaded them ingame to try it out (except for the Fixer nanos)
    You can indeed upload the nano, but not use it..

Fixer
    Weird looking Nano Boost
    User Visual profession == Fixer
    Improved Nano Boost
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Advanced Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Advanced Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Greater Nano Boost
    Improved Greater Nano Boost
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Hasty Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Hasty Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Lesser Nano Boost
    Improved Lesser Nano Boost
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Lifebane Modification
    Improved Lifebane Modification
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Targeted Augmentation Cloud
    Improved Targeted Augmentation Cloud
    User Profession == Fixer

Weird looking Venom Modification
    Improved Venom Modification
    User Profession == Fixer

To my knowledge this is a complete list of the nanos that have "Visual profession" on the crystal, but not on the nano to cast. The rest are working.
    Strange thing is that all the errors lie in these 3 professions, while all the other professions Improved nanos have the same requirement on both crystal and nano.

I hope the balancing will even this out, so all professions have the same number of errors (0) in the Weird looking nanos.
    It is not like there is an ingame way to spot that only the crystal is Visual Profession and then the nano is not.. (AO learning-wall)

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    my comments from fast comparison between this proposal and the situation nowadays :

AGREED
    - most buff changes are cool (debuff simplified, gun/psycho/boost buffs, nd/xp/other durations)
    - root/snare/mezz/fear & reductions are totally going in the direction of more dynamic PVM/PVP
    - capture essence addition would be really interesting, depends on conditions (...)

CRITICIZED
    - most of all : i advice to sensibly reduce the init debuff values for a more challenging PVM
    - new nukes might be too much DD added, i advice 1/3 less dmg to make little more than now
    - sacrifice pet is interesting but crat already got plenty aad & def ; should be used for something else
    Dude, our init debuffs in PvM are all but removed, what are you talking about?

We are making crats even more desirable in teams? Awsome, not like any one can make a team atm without every one in it screaming for a crat.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Dude, our init debuffs in PvM are all but removed, what are you talking about?
    Looking at malice i'm not sure what your talking about. Crat init debuffs seem as strong as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    We are making crats even more desirable in teams? Awsome, not like any one can make a team atm without every one in it screaming for a crat.

Looking at malice i'm not sure what your talking about. Crat init debuffs seem as strong as ever.
    They seem as strong as ever, do they? Not if you've read the document and read any of the gazillion posts on the forum that have already mentioned it. Including several in this thread. On this very page. Do you really need me to spoonfeed you as usual, or do you think that for once you could manage to bother educating yourself even a little before you make this type of statements?
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 17th, 2010 at 20:52:29.

They seem as strong as ever, do they?
    Speaking as someone with a 220 crat and engi. Endgame crats are nowhere near as bad off as you make it sound. Quit your whining.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Sep 17th, 2010 at 21:17:30.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Speaking as someone with a 220 crat and engi. Endgame crats are nowhere near as bad off as you make it sound. Quit your whining.
    Where did I whine? I'm quite happy with the proposed changes. I was simply correcting a rather ignorant statement.

The second part of your comment I think will only be true if they did indeed cause malaise to be resisted in the same way UBT is on bosses. If that's the case, FC made a huge mistake with that one.
    I hardly count that as a mistake. It made pvm ridiculously easy, and docs kind of redundant for all but the hardest hitting encounters.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    I hardly count that as a mistake. It made pvm ridiculously easy, and docs kind of redundant for all but the hardest hitting encounters.
    Well yeah I don't think anyone is denying how easy PvM is with a crat. But removing all of their debuffing abilities on a lot of the endgame encounters seems a bit overkill. A nerf was warranted yes, but not one this bad. Letting crats use malaise alone would be fine and balanced in my opinion.

what are you talking about?
    same question to you ...

me- i really lubz vanilla ice cream !
    crattey- why do you hate blue shoes that much, dude ?
    me- Oo ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast