Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About the new Aimed Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I think making AS a castable special is a big mistake.
    I have to ask ... why?

Do you think it would be too powerful? Or not powerful enough? Remember this particular change shouldn't affect anyone that already prefers Full Auto or Sneak Attack (lets face, everyone apart from support professions and Agents ...), as the shared cooldown means you shouldn't ever be ASing.

So making it castable effectively nerfs the aforementioned support professions. That's actually ok - support professions are supposed to be getting easier to land nano-toolsets, which is a far bigger buff than this will be a downside.
    "Many hamsters died to bring you this post.

The servers are up and running." - Pharamond

Well, I think it's a mistake because the profs that are likely to use AS, don't have the CC power of casting profs to ensure the opponent remains in range.

Well, I think it's a mistake because the profs that are likely to use AS, don't have the CC power of casting profs to ensure the opponent remains in range.
    Which professions would they be then? MPs seem like the only ones who don't have some sort of root or snare ...

Quote Originally Posted by Radia View Post
    Which professions would they be then? MPs seem like the only ones who don't have some sort of root or snare ...
    Docs, Ranged Advys, Soldiers, Engis have pet snares and mines, but we know how efficient those are, and no idea about MAs.

Edit: I'm not awake, traders have roots yes.
    Last edited by Ocene; Oct 11th, 2010 at 13:49:39.

Aren't Docs supposed to be using pistols these days for the DoTs?

Engineer snares would effectively keep a target in range of the engineer if they landed reliably. From what I read of the changes to crowd control mechanics, it wouldn't surprise me if the tweaks to CC keep a target in range long enough to pull off an AS.

As for soldiers and ranged advies losing AS - well, I believe the plan is to get FA easier to land. Remember that getting rid of hot-swapping for AS is one of the goals of the rebalancing, so any effect on soldiers I'd expect is intended ...

Where that leaves ranged advies ... pass. Probably in the melee camp again .

i have always wondered why as is getting the nerf, but other huge specials arent...

Well, that's the thing, it's all a matter of choice. The new AS design removes that choice. A doc should not be forced into using DOTs only. Advys should not be forced to be melee, etc.

The only prof that will be able to use AS (other than agents, traders) and have a real choice, is Crats. They will have an efficient AS, thanks to the snares and roots, and fear they got, or nuke people.

As for soldiers, using AS and FA at the same time is a bit too much. However the ability to hotswap and be good at it, was requiring a lot of skill (and is the most fun thing to do), shame they will remove that ability which took me years to get right.
    Last edited by Ocene; Oct 11th, 2010 at 16:48:32.

We all know that AS should only be on Scoped Rifles, it needs removing from ALL single hand held weapons.

C'mon, lets stop abusing AS and bring it back to its originally intended use .....for rifles.

Having it on pistols just takes the p!$$ out of agents and the energy spent in developing their characters to have some n00b equip an AS pistol ....such a /fail by FC.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

BTW, what happens to Sneak Attack? Will it receive a nerf too?

It's on the shared cooldown with FA/AS (iirc), and it's at a 40 second recharge cap versus AS's (currently) 11 sec cap. It's already nerfed - if you are a melee user. As for when rebalance hits, I have seen nothing about SA getting changed save for the shared cooldown (again, if I'm even remembering that correctly).
    Last edited by Waahash; Oct 11th, 2010 at 20:40:05.

... Engis have pet snares and mines, but we know how efficient those are ...
    But but it is enough efficient to keep snared a soldier during 6 sec in order to kill him!!!! I have read it somewhere at least!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Radia View Post
    So making it castable effectively nerfs the aforementioned support professions. That's actually ok - support professions are supposed to be getting easier to land nano-toolsets, which is a far bigger buff than this will be a downside.
    But what about Agents? It's ok to nerf them as well because FC did something stupid by handing out AS bandaid fixes?

Really, like Stig said, the amount of profs that use AS now really takes the piss out of Agents.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    But but it is enough efficient to keep snared a soldier during 6 sec in order to kill him!!!! I have read it somewhere at least!
    Soldiers are not exactly fast, particularly all those with HD implants.

It checks ACes
    It's on a 40 second cool down

You have got to be ****ting me.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

OMG It check ACs, that's really relevant in PVP

OMG It check ACs, that's really relevant in PVP
    not to mention it is much harder to reliably cap it, of course you wouldn't know that!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

So is Aimed Shot for most profs, ofc you wouldn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    not to mention it is much harder to reliably cap it, of course you wouldn't know that!
    SA does random things. On a soldier that was unbuffed save for reflect aura, it capped 1/7 times, and on a fixer fully buffed with much higher def and crit decrease it capped almost every time.

So I decided to test it versus low HP and high HP. There is no correlation to anything, it just hits wildly. With FoB or without FoB. I unperked SA buffing lines and it hit better for a little while, then I perked it again and it was like I changed nothing because it was capping. So I figured it would cap more often because something I changed caused it to be more reliable. I tried it on an enfo that is not particularly well equipped, hit for 2k. Capped it on a doc that was well set up.

It does not seem to be AR dependant, but then it does sometimes. This is on my shade, I'm sure it's more reliable for Advies or Enfos, but I'm not going to assume its any better for them for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    SA does random things. On a soldier that was unbuffed save for reflect aura, it capped 1/7 times, and on a fixer fully buffed with much higher def and crit decrease it capped almost every time.

So I decided to test it versus low HP and high HP. There is no correlation to anything, it just hits wildly. With FoB or without FoB. I unperked SA buffing lines and it hit better for a little while, then I perked it again and it was like I changed nothing because it was capping. So I figured it would cap more often because something I changed caused it to be more reliable. I tried it on an enfo that is not particularly well equipped, hit for 2k. Capped it on a doc that was well set up.

It does not seem to be AR dependant, but then it does sometimes. This is on my shade, I'm sure it's more reliable for Advies or Enfos, but I'm not going to assume its any better for them for the time being.

SA:
    1.) Weapon damage is multiplied by AR multiplier
    2.) The damage range is adjusted for ACs lowering the max damage
    3.) A random roll between min and max Damage is used.
    4.) Crit Modifier adjusted by AR is added onto the damage if it was a critical
    5.) Damage Gear is added to the final damage. The SA multiplier is applied. (before damage modifier, remember someone having tested this. confirmation?)
    6.) The SA multiplier is applied. Damage Gear is added to the final damage.

AS:
    2.) The damage range is not adjusted by ACs as it ignores AC
    3.) The maximum Damage is used instead of rolling.
    5.) Damage Gear is added onto the resulting damage before AS Muliplier
    6.) The AS multiplier is applied.

By not ignoring ACs and using a random roll between min and max damage instead of using max damage there is much more room for variation on the damage for SA then for AS.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Oct 12th, 2010 at 06:46:41. Reason: fixed typo on 5.) to "before damage modifier"
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    SA:
    2.) The damage range is adjusted for ACs lowering the max damage
    3.) A random roll between min and max Damage is used.
    5.) The SA multiplier is applied. (before multiplier, remember someone having tested this. confirmation?)
    5.) Damage Gear is added to the final damage.

AS:
    2.) The damage range is not adjusted by ACs as it ignores AC
    3.) The maximum Damage is used instead of rolling.
    5.) Damage Gear is added onto the resulting damage before AS Muliplier
    6.) The AS multiplier is applied.

By not ignoring ACs and using a random roll between min and max damage instead of using max damage there is much more room for variation on the damage for SA then for AS.
    Point 5 is not un-important either...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast