Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Funcom employee Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Thanks to all who mentioned the couple missing items from the update notes:

1. No point capping under Dance of Fools or Bio Cocoon anymore (Limber still works before anyone else asks).
    2. The steps around teleporters in the BS have finally been removed.

Also missing:
    An entrance to the PvP area from the Grid didn't quite make it into the update...but it will be coming in the next one. More BS teleport terminals will also be added to other playfields to allow for easier transport to this area.

It was good that after multiple attempts at getting this update out it finally saw the light of day yesterday. It was great last night seeing the top four battlestations all running simultaneously. Who knows whether this will be a continuing trend or not...but we'll be sure to keep watching the action unfold. The very best thing about this update going out is that we can deploy the first versions of the "Alien Daily Missions" and "Sector 7" update to the test dimension and start having some player interaction in making them work well and work well for everyone. First versions of these should be hitting the test dimension sooner rather than later.

The engine project moved well this week with the long missing sky finally reappearing to the entire teams consummate joy. You never realize how much the sky really adds to the feeling of RK until it is gone...much better to see it back. To get this "interesting" technology working our render coders had to produce a DX9 version of a DX7 emulator...safe to say getting the sky to "just work" took a bit longer than expected. I wish we could have had it in for when some of you were here to see it...but that is rarely the way things go . It is also important to say that the AO Head project is coming along well..at some point we'll have to create a massive head thread filled with the images of ALL the new heads for us all to fight over

The team has also been busy with this year's Halloween goodies...fun fun fun (I'll let someone else give you some spoilers soon.)

German Server

We have been very happy to see thousands of characters from the DNW server start a new and exciting experience on Atlantean and Rimor and been warmly welcomed into these communities. Due to the availability of transfer, the population on the DNW server is no longer representative of what Anarchy Online has to offer in terms of experience or community. Due to this issue we are as of today (October 1st, 2010) disabling new character creation on the DNW server and setting a firm date for the closing of DNW. The DNW server will no longer be available on November 1st, 2010 at 12:00 GMT.

Even after the server is taken off-line your characters will still be available for quick and free transfer to either RK1 or RK2 for the next 6 months through your Anarchy Account pages. After 6 months it will still be possible to transfer your characters but it will need to be handled by customer service and will take a minimum of two weeks to process. You do not need an active paid account to be able to transfer your characters to another server. German chat channels are now available to make contact with other members of the German communities on these servers easy.

We would like to thank our DNW players for their years of support and look forward to seeing them as active members our Atlantean and Rimor communities where you can be assured of a warm welcome.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1st? ^^

aw, no new nano docs.

Too bad about DNW, but I guess we all knew it was coming. There goes an era :/
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

3rd!?!

edit: wooo top 3
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

4th :'(

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 32 seconds.
    blah

5th? :>
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Lack of Engineer docs is disappointing.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

friday with beer again

nothing to see here people... move along...
    Last edited by nubbs; Oct 1st, 2010 at 15:24:52.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

8th
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Auuw, was hoping to see the Engy changes today
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Did a couple of BS rounds on my 120 fixer yesterday. Got my a$$ chewed by 150's, but it still ran and I was able to complete a BS daily mission outside of the 150-174 and 210-220 ranges for the first time in... well, ever actually. Not sure if the trend will continue, but it's nice to see that that particular daily mish can actually be completed at other levels now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Hmm. Some post ;D

Noah engi info

So, give Kintaii some free time and get that hub fixed ;D
    Last edited by Ekarona; Oct 1st, 2010 at 15:27:14.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

No word about why HH@B was changed.

Thanks for the new BS ranges ... best FC decision since instanced Pande. TL4 is the new TL5.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Also wanna know reason why is hhab changed...
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The engine project moved well this week with the long missing sky finally reappearing to the entire teams consummate joy. You never realize how much the sky really adds to the feeling of RK until it is gone...much better to see it back.
    Now that you mention the sky, how is Rubi-Ka system like? Is that mentioned somewhere? Are there other planets? How is Rubi-Ka evolving around the 2 suns?
    blah

The team has also been busy with this year's Halloween goodies...fun fun fun (I'll let someone else give you some spoilers soon.)
    I hope this is someone comes in form of *him* and I'm looking forward to *his* forumquest like two years ago...
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

No point capping under Dance of Fools or Bio Cocoon anymore
    Yay

.. so Means when will the big "good bye DNW"-party be? The final night, the server die?

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Apparently I have been playing my melee toons for quite a while.

How long have boxes of ammo been unsplittable?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast