Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    Just take blockers or pets from engi. That should fix the problem.
    Shouldnt you be on the new BS enjoying your changes?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Ownsauce View Post
    You figure out a way I can win that and let me know, until then I stand by what I say: Nerf engineer pet AR to something reasonable.
    Because pets actually hitting people is a horrible oversight by FC.

I like how you're telling me to L2P when you don't even know that the dog has more AR than the chicken.
    Yes I know and that's why you kill the doggie, duh. Some people are really such a n00bs.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

The fact that with everything up shades cant tank engis for no longer then 20 seconds at max, there is something srsly wrong about that. Even if pets r easy to kite.

And PS. killing the engi dog is acctually pretty hard if its a decent engi playing, usually takes 2 PM rounds.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

So, it's hard if it's a decent engie. And what should decent engie do then? Roll over and die?

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Shouldnt you be on the new BS enjoying your changes?
    All the time.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So, it's hard if it's a decent engie. And what should decent engie do then? Roll over and die?
    Ofc he shoulden't, dont twist everything i say plz :/ so tiering.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Because pets actually hitting people is a horrible oversight by FC.
    Learn to tell the difference between hitting and taking down someone in less than forty-five seconds when he's got something like 5,5K def, 14K HPs, ~ 20K of healing during these forty-five seconds though.
    And 10K ACs. And 15% dmg to nano during 15s. And 1,5K absorbs for 20s. And another 500 absorbs when the first's one off, until the end of duel.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Ofc he shoulden't, dont twist everything i say plz :/ so tiering.
    So, everything is fine then, I guess.

Kind of contradicting with the first part of the post you made up there. BTW, as a bow MP, I can't tank shade for 10-15 sec. Are shades OP'd because of that? I mean, something's seriously wrong there, but I ain't going that far to say that it's problem with shades themselves.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Oct 3rd, 2010 at 17:26:07.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So, everything is fine then, I guess.

Kind of contradicting with the first part of the post you made up there. BTW, as a bow MP, I can't tank shade for 10-15 sec. Are shades OP'd because of that? I mean, something's seriously wrong there, but I ain't going that far to say that it's problem with shades themselves.
    Everyone knows MPs need love stop with your nonsense and wait for your turn on nano doc. An engi raped my crat with shuffle up (thats +3800 def) in a matter of seconds. Bad luck? Yes. But not outside the realm of whats to be expected
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Everyone knows MPs need love stop with your nonsense and wait for your turn on nano doc.
    That it's not nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Learn to tell the difference between hitting and taking down someone in less than forty-five seconds when he's got something like 5,5K def, 14K HPs, ~ 20K of healing .
    Errr a shade can kill an engy in about 10 seconds once cocoon is gone
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Learn to tell the difference between hitting and taking down someone in less than forty-five seconds when he's got something like 5,5K def, 14K HPs, ~ 20K of healing during these forty-five seconds though.
    And 10K ACs. And 15% dmg to nano during 15s. And 1,5K absorbs for 20s. And another 500 absorbs when the first's one off, until the end of duel.

So it's unacceptable to die in 45s to an engineer, but it's just fine and dandy that shades can drop people in 4 seconds, while they are stunned? My crat will die to an agent in 44s (4 AS's) through 9.5k def rating, nerf agents? PM perks can break through coon with damage to spare, recharge 3 times faster than coon, and a lot of pet damage can be avoided simply by running in a figure eight while perking the engi. Engineer vs. shade is a tough fight for both parties involved, and the answer is to nerf the opposition into an easier fight? What about fixers being practically invincible to shades and killing them through the same kinds of def rating?

I think it would be only logical to nerf engy's pet assuming we won t be able to kite pet as much as we do today in the future.

Trying to tank engy pet is pure suicide for lot of prof as far as i know.

Problem with kite today is that it completly nullify pet's dmg, so the solution would be to nerf kiting and pet's dmg at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Everyone knows MPs need love stop with your nonsense and wait for your turn on nano doc.
    Weren't you paying attention in the "Who needs a boost" thread? MPs don't need love, all of us playing MPs just need to learn2play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    So it's unacceptable to die in 45s to an engineer, but it's just fine and dandy that shades can drop people in 4 seconds, while they are stunned? My crat will die to an agent in 44s (4 AS's) through 9.5k def rating, nerf agents? PM perks can break through coon with damage to spare, recharge 3 times faster than coon, and a lot of pet damage can be avoided simply by running in a figure eight while perking the engi. Engineer vs. shade is a tough fight for both parties involved, and the answer is to nerf the opposition into an easier fight? What about fixers being practically invincible to shades and killing them through the same kinds of def rating?
    There are a lot of skills that were put ingame for various reasons and in fact are completely OP, yes.

Engis sure are OP, but are not the only ones for sure, everyone has something that is very OP versus specific profs.

I'm hoping that the goal of this rebalancing effort is to tone down all those toolsets a bit, so it becomes manageable by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    I think it would be only logical to nerf engy's pet assuming we won t be able to kite pet as much as we do today in the future.

Trying to tank engy pet is pure suicide for lot of prof as far as i know.

Problem with kite today is that it completly nullify pet's dmg, so the solution would be to nerf kiting and pet's dmg at the same time.
    Finally a post worth bumping.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Just a couple things:

-I have no problem with the pets hitting me, it would be silly if they couldn't. What I have an issue with is there being literally no way for me to evade most of their hits. Reasonable AR doesn't mean unable to hit anything, nor does it mean hitting everything.

-Klod suggested killing dog:
    You realize that no one round of perks will kill the dog right? Even if you kill the dog and drain the chicken, the chicken will still hit you most of the time and you'll die anyway.

-Klod saying that every engineer should just roll over and die:
    Most engineers can eat my alpha and laugh at me while their pets eat me alive...they don't even have to press Q...should I just roll over and die? Kiting a well setup engineer btw that knows what to expect if they being kited is laughable. What do they do? start kiting me, they are ranged and with capped RS: Ranged kiting>melee kiting

-Mountaingoat:
    Pm perks CAN break through coon yes however they don't always. If you time your coon right (coupled with your FM's) you can eat the heavy hits of PM perk line with coon and destroy the shade (if the shade can perk you that is).

-Djiax:

I agree completely.

Again; nerf engineer pets AR to something reasonable. No one has suggested any reason why they should be able to hit someone through every evade other than "I want my pets to hit everything." It's like crats and their stuns: "I want stuns so don't take them away even though it's completely overpowered that we have them!"
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

(if the shade can perk you that is).
    "if". lol. l2play imo
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Hmmmm ma shade frand trys out his tactics on me and my pets....using 1 particular tactic he dies 100% of the time ...zomg, employing another tactic I die 100% of the time.

The tactic where I die 100% of the time involves him keeeeling both my pets first whilst I wtfcry coz I now I'm in truble

And I've come acrosss a couple of shades in BS that demolish my pets as quickly as a solja creaming my pets with FA.

Maybe you need to drop your ToTW Phase blades...coz they don't appear to be cutting the mustard when it comes to dmg.
    Last edited by Stigward; Oct 4th, 2010 at 07:03:27.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast