Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kills stats should be kept?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    And /afk'ing, and farming kills off org m8s/alts, ect. Just how many of the "Master" ranked toons out there got it honestly? 5%?
    Current system can be farmed just as easily, not to mention there's no real long-term penalty for doing so.

And can you honestly say you enjoy just farming a counter? 1, 2, 3, 4... with no end in sight (unless you're PvPing 24/7)?

One of the major problems isn't "rewarding not dying". The problem is there is no way to lose anything! So, if you have nothing to lose what's the point of a new title, even if it takes 100k kills or whatever. Gratz! Now what?
    Last edited by Joehoo725; Oct 6th, 2010 at 04:00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehoo725 View Post

And can you honestly say you enjoy just farming a counter? 1, 2, 3, 4... with no end in sight (unless you're PvPing 24/7)?
    Actually my count started as a org joke, and just took on a life of its own. If BS get set at 201-220, I'll take it off.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Actually my count started as a org joke, and just took on a life of its own. If BS get set at 201-220, I'll take it off.
    Wasn't necessarily pointing you out, in terms of your personal kill count, but more as a general question.

Ahh...
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

The problem with the old titles was the massive amount to loss with higher titles leading to people hugging them. Maybe if the current system incorporated a gain/loss system but toned down compared to old school titles. Maybe something like : "pvp points gained x title level"

That means if you kill a guy on title 5 he will lose 450-500 points.

That means it caps at a 10-1 ratio to maintain the top title assuming you only kill people w/o titles. (You would still need the 50k odd kills to get title 10 mind you, plus whatever points you lost)

This much lighter progressive system wouldn't exponentially increase the risk to higher title holders but still give a bit better indication of kill/death/skill etc etc.
    Plus it change the massive risk/reward of oldschool and place it sort of in between that and the new norisk system.

One death doesn't mean instant loss of 1-2 title levels but instead if you accumulate too many losses you will eventually start to drop ranks.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

The problem with the old system was people hugging /afk and BY. It wasn't PVP anymore it was title farming. I'm quite glad it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehoo725 View Post
    Seems kind of pointless...

Person 1
    Kills: 10
    Deaths: 1

Person 2
    Kills: 1000
    Deaths: 100

Ratio for both? 10:1

Time/Effort for both? Completely different...

Current system is even better than a ratio system, in my opinion.
    No, thats exactly what it is. Kill/death ratio. Person 1 and Person 2 have been equally effective. The Person 2 is not getting any more credit just because he has failed to raise his ratio.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

out of both flawed systems id rather stay with the current one, it was too much about title hugging/afk meeps back then and in general with the patch that introduced the new title system, the BS population went up by a lot

the new one is meaningless, even more then the old one ( wich had its good sides ) but overall, the old one was keeping a lot of ppl from pvping wich was obviously bad

death counters would result in same thing as going back to old titles, much less ppl pvping
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Way too many people have assumed that I thought the old title system was good. I don't, but the new one is just a grind. It's not even a pvp title system.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Maybe they should make a title system simular to the old system, but depending on your K/D ratio.

For instance : Rookie at 2/1 freshman at 1/1 nothing at 0/1 etc.

I still like the old system, but I agree with the irritating meeping and BY hugging.
    Imo, ban out anoying nano's in PvP like a meep and make BYs unaccesable during battle.
    Long live the old lowbie WA pvp !
    Rawr, I can getz yu0

adding kill\death counter to duel didnt that reduse the number of duels?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    No, thats exactly what it is. Kill/death ratio. Person 1 and Person 2 have been equally effective. The Person 2 is not getting any more credit just because he has failed to raise his ratio.
    OR Person 1 may just be lucky... It's not as simple as saying "both have same ratio, both are equally effective". A sustained occurrence or record has more meaning than one in which has a limited amount of data.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Way too many people have assumed that I thought the old title system was good. I don't, but the new one is just a grind. It's not even a pvp title system.
    remove title systems completely from ao then, or leave it as it is, just pls dont go to the old flawed system that kept many ppl from even trying pvp out

do we really need titles that much?

PS. kill stats should stay, or some ppl would propably rage quit
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    remove title systems completely from ao then, or leave it as it is, just pls dont go to the old flawed system that kept many ppl from even trying pvp out

do we really need titles that much?

PS. kill stats should stay, or some ppl would propably rage quit
    Maybe they should really remove all titles and stats from pvp, pvp shouldn't be about grinding pointless points which don't show 100% if player is skilled or zerg huger, it even depends a lot on professions as well, pvp should be just for fun and maybe without stats.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    The problem with the old system was people hugging /afk and BY. It wasn't PVP anymore it was title farming. I'm quite glad it went.
    And what do we have today? Suicide runs for one more kill point.

It ain't true PvP either.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

imo old system would be great. it also would reincarnate tir arena/omni arena or w/e it is (for duels)
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    define "true PvP"
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    define "true PvP"
    I'd say whenever there is fighting between players, it is "true PvP". You can argue zergs, unfair match-ups, etc., aren't but they are, in the most strict definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    define "true PvP"
    The opposite of both, of what we had before and what we have today. The "what we had" was a bit closer to it though.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    And what do we have today? Suicide runs for one more kill point.

Ofc.

It's the same people playing. They will do whatever they can to cheat the system. Whatever that system is.

None of the title systems suck, sadly it's the people.

My point in the OP though, was not to debate which system would be better, my point was to ask the community if, given that there will be some major rebalancing work done, and profs won't be the same, should the stats be reset to zero?
    Last edited by Ocene; Oct 7th, 2010 at 15:14:51.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast