Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kills stats should be kept?

Only a very few Professions can perk NR8 or even NR4 without sucking big time ...
    Engineers without pets, MPs too. Crats/Traders without any single Nano. Soldiers without AMS. MAs without enough AR to perk anyone (lawl) but with MR (Odyceus). Enfs don't quite need to perk NR tbh. Et cetera. Well.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

MP's without debuffs, pets, heals, or blockers? We'd be so cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Only a very few Professions can perk NR8 or even NR4 without sucking big time ...
    Engineers without pets, MPs too. Crats/Traders without any single Nano. Soldiers without AMS. MAs without enough AR to perk anyone (lawl) but with MR (Odyceus). Enfs don't quite need to perk NR tbh. Et cetera. Well.
    You accidentally a whole thread.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

to answer your question Oce, YES, all the stats should be kept. I like my numbers, I worked for every one of them, and haven't "farmed" a single point. I'm sure many others feel the same, but they don't want to say so because it's so uncool to care about numbers, lol. I ccl, those numbers are small achievements for me, like mini goals i made along the way, and I don't think it's very fair to have years of work wiped away because a few people don't like seeing them. my answer is, don't look. perhaps treat them the same way as they did the legacy titles, give us an option to show or not. also why in the world wouldn't we keep them? that doesn't make any sense to me oO. I just can't see how a stat that represents an achievement is a bad thing.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I'm for keeping numbers too.

Was wondering if, given the new rebalance, a reset of the numbers would be good or not.

I think if they were to reset our stats, it would be the same as resetting our legacy titles. so if they did reset them, the only way I see it as maybe a good thing, is if they did away with both, legacy titles and stats. start from fresh type of thing, and only if a new, better system was invoked. they put such an insanely steep scale on the new system, that I don't see how it would be fair if they reset our numbers and left the legacy in place.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Pwningadd View Post
    Maybe they should make a title system simular to the old system, but depending on your K/D ratio.

For instance : Rookie at 2/1 freshman at 1/1 nothing at 0/1 etc.
    this is the best idea imo. the only problem with that is that people can easily exploit it.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Maybe a K/D ratio showing friendly/enemy killed. (thot about making it org m8s killed, but that would be trolling.....you know who u are.)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Get rid of any counter or title because, no matter what system there is, people stay the same and there will always be hugging & farming.

At most, I'd go with the suggestion that it would periodically reset. If you want to sit on your title throne, keep working for it.
    ಠ_ಠ

those things wont matter anyway, one of my TL5 froob trader solo kill is got from my TL7 soldier. hehe
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Oct 12th, 2010 at 14:36:54.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Could have it show Average Killer Per Day for the last 7 or so days. This way people who want to keep a title have to PvP regularly. It still favors kill Profs, but it's decent-ish imo.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

k/d ratio list number of kills. anything else is carebear bs as usual
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    k/d ratio list number of kills. anything else is carebear bs as usual
    ill bump this
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Maybe when The Balancing hits life Soon TM everyne and their dog should get lets say 100 team / solo kills and 50 duel wins to boost our morale? What do you think?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

For some people its those who are in that pwnage/uber world so it matters to them that they are the best at something. You have to realize MMO's are escapes for those who need to escape from real life and be something..

Cars with loud sterero systems so everyone looks at them and they think they are cool..

The fags on the harelys and choppers that have to be soooooooo friggen loud so they all look at them for attention.

Kids on skate boards doing there tricks in public..

They all have one thing in common..

The system needs this so people have meaning when they play and that they are SOMEBODY DAMNIT@!!!!!

(clap clap clap clap YES)

Quote Originally Posted by Megasis View Post

Kids on skate boards doing there tricks in public..
    a lot of us who skate in public do so because we dont have a private skatepark in our homes. Also, more than just kids skate.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    a lot of us who skate in public do so because we dont have a private skatepark in our homes. Also, more than just kids skate.
    If I didnt pick on stakeboarders I would have picked something else. Society picks skateboarders a lot so its the first thing that comes to mind

You should come to Ontario. They have about 3-4 skate board parks in each city or where there is a community centre.. Some of which are really nice.. Great idea this way they have somewhere to skate all the time now

Title PvP should only be sided - same sided PvP counts as a duel

Flags for fighting other players are semi-permanent. A quest (or money sink) could allow you to become unflagged; but would also result in resetting your title / killstats to 0

AFK = auto loss

Killing the same player more often than once a day, doesn't count towards title / killstats

Bring back old title system

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    Title PvP should only be sided - same sided PvP counts as a duel

Flags for fighting other players are semi-permanent. A quest (or money sink) could allow you to become unflagged; but would also result in resetting your title / killstats to 0

AFK = auto loss

Killing the same player more often than once a day, doesn't count towards title / killstats

Bring back old title system
    These are interesting ideas.

but but... again ... where is the buzz?! pvp is just a grind for solo kill score or VP... this is boring ... something needs to be done, my self and alot of people in this game play for only pvp.
    its been the same for what 3+ years now??

who cares about score? but just do something to bring the buzz back

LE killed this game , jus roll back
    Programmer 220 Fix0r

Pinklips 220 Crat

Endlessnight 220 doc

Nosodontask 150 trader

Prospector 150 enfo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast