Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    It isn't about how many people has nr8, it is about to make sure that it will be impossible to get so hilarious high NR in the game.
    So you dont want it nerfed because people actualy use it but because they posses the ability to use it? Why dose nearly every one of your posts trigger a /facepalm irl from me?

Wey may as well remove Touch of Marius (BETA) from the game aslo. Since gm's posses the ability to use that on players in bs. Can't have that happening now can we?

It isn't about how many people has nr8, it is about to make sure that it will be impossible to get so hilarious high NR in the game.
    *sigh* i find it hilarious how fixers can evade everything but AS i shoot at em. but they have there weaknesses, so does NR.

I think the amount of people having NR reflects pretty much how strong it is.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    *sigh* i find it hilarious how fixers can evade everything but AS i shoot at em. but they have there weaknesses, so does NR.
    Zomg, NR8 fixers would probably own everyone.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    So you dont want it nerfed because people actualy use it but because they posses the ability to use it? Why dose nearly every one of your posts trigger a /facepalm irl from me?

Wey may as well remove Touch of Marius (BETA) from the game aslo. Since gm's posses the ability to use that on players in bs. Can't have that happening now can we?
    Did you finally find out what NR is or you still wonder why your sentence "so use root graft vs nr8" is stupid? Go, get more knowledge about this game and then come back.k?
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Did you finally find out what NR is or you still wonder why your sentence "so use root graft vs nr8" is stupid? Go, get more knowledge about this game and then come back.k?
    see and now your just plain trolling, in your own thread even. Have you no shame? Just an fyi no ones impressed or fooled by your attempt to discredit me with insignifigant insults wich ultatmitly do nothing to disprove what I said as being wrong and do little more then prove that you yourself are simply QQ'ing with no real rational reasoning behind your statements.

Just throwing this out there, most of the whiners about NR are NTs.

Here's a question to all NTs in this thread. Do you have NR1 perked?

If yes, kill yourself.
    If no, continue on your merry way.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Do we know what nt's are getting instead of the LE nukes? I know I don't

FC has corrected errors only to replace them with even bigger ones before.
    So I think it's wrong to say that we know. Because we don't.
    Do you think it constructive to base your input in this section of the forums on the hypothesis FC is bound to screw up? I don't. The middle way scenario is that we still get high damage output in different ways that aren't obligatorily bound to the bypassing of certain defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76
    They are different ofcourse but the result is similar. Actually I die alot quicker to a decent nt than the nt does to an nr soldier for instance.
    And my soldier is very much endgame with phat towers and any half assed Nt easily bypasses my "defence" and blasts my legs off while I barely dent their hp during nbg.
    No, the result is not similar. You barely dent a NT hp during NBG, well, I do even less damage on a NR8 opponent, his NR8 having no deadline whatsoever. I'm also an endgame NT (without towers though) and an half assed sol in NR8 with just the D-shark can just press FA to kill me eventually.

Yes soldiers went from unplayable to decent when that nano was fixed.
    Are you saying that soldiers should be grateful for only having been useless for the 2 or so years that it took them to correct this?
    lol, downplay time, is it? LE nukes and Borrow Reflect might have been hard hits on soldiers godmode, but we never seemed to run short on sols ever.

If so I sincerely hope they will **** up the classes you play just as royally and then ignore you for just as long. Then when they finally fix it I will try to pass it as an improvement to your class.
    Been there, done that. You should have played a NT bewteen SL release and LE release, you would have loved the feeling.
    I will make the wild guess you are being humorous about your "unplayable to decent". made me laugh at least.

Didn't I say just that?
    You're upset i agreed with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry
    Just summing it up here, but this entire request for nerf is based on trader/nt VS 1. Are there even still peeps which have NR8 perma perked? if so, they probably hate traders/NT as theyre being pwned by any other prof out there
    I don't know about the vs 1, that's not my focus, but what you forgot in your sum up is that if it was permanent, it would be a bit less retarded than it is now, where you can swap it nearlly at will if such is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01
    blabla
    i see you moved to a safer "it probably won't land on NR8". See, you're already starting to learn, ain't it great?
    Why we don't have it perked. Now, that's interesting. First, you obviously still have a lot to learn, as NR1 and NR2 NTs do exist. I will have the charity though not to explain you why we don't have NR8 builds.
    Why CB. Maybe for several reasons, which might or might not pertain to the existence of NR perkline, HHAB, and technicalities related to NT's very specific combat mechanic that are however part of the next year lessons program.
    Concerning our arguements, I'm afraid you brought exactly 0 game-knowledge supported arguement to this discussion while we even offered you some tools and tips to avoid (and we failed in that) that you keep being the month buffoon.
    As for what you think, I'm sorry to say it doesn't really interest us. Bit blunt perhaps, but there's no really no meat on your bones. You might not be impressed by what we say and prove, but I am impressed by the shere stubborness of your inner child to make you the class' fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist
    I lol'd at NT vs Engie in def setup.
    Styx certainly do very well in his defencive setup. Never saw him duel an engi, but I'm ready to take his word for it without too many doubts.

@Sultry : I don't. Thanks for the leave, m8
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Yeah, Def focus NT...sure is great versus an engineer. What exactly about def focus gives you an advantage versus engineers again?
    MassD is right here X-Styx, IU nukes deal less dmg versus engy's reflects then double spam, and NS2 is very easely countered by NSD, combined to the fact that being rooted under NS2, you can't kite pets, and they wtfpwn you . . . So in the end since you won t be using NS2 you just lose some DPS.

On topic, i can only remember one BS round in which NR8 toons bothered me at all. It was because there were an unusual concentration of em : 4/5 toons, 2 shade, 1 keeper, 1 solja, 1 advy (1 advy on rk1 regularly perk nr8, can't remember his name ; is the only one i noticed tho). In such conditions it was bad, but i think this is rather rare, and as long as it s kept in check like that it shoudl be fine.

The other obvious issue are duels ; now i can't count the amount of nr8 player that asked me for a duel, seeing i got near 1K duel on my main, there might have been anything beetween 20 to 30 nr8 pricks who caught me. Luckily, it's not like they d have an instant-iwin against me, cause their offense had been severly weakened, so you typically can survive several minutes. If the guy gives up and go afk at some point, yalm up and go afk yourself ; carry a onehander and try to play his game ; kite indefinitly spamming layers on you to piss him off ; w/e, it's not dramatic, and eventually you ll win, giving you an epic story to brag about (and yet an other prick to laugh at).

tldr ; nowadays nr8 toon at tl7 aren't an issue.

That said, in the future, takin in count perk reset guy + very long timed buffs like we saw recently in nano docs + possibly more dmg coming from nukes (doc, MP, crat added to the list) it might worth it more and more to go NR 3, 4, ... 8 at which point it will be an obvious issue.

We might very well suffer more and more from nr1/2 as well, if it s perked more frequently, and w/o massive NR debuff, Doc, MP, Crat (NT if CB is heavely nerfed) will be playing lucks games all the time because of the rather hazardous nature of nanoskill vs NR mechanics.

The comparaison beetween evade and NR will become more and more valid whenever more profession would use nukes as their primary/secondary source of damage.

Here, I'll propose a change that everyone will like:

Give everyone perma 20k NR with no drawbacks
    Laugh as the NTs QQ more (their tears are delicious)
    ?????????
    Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    i see you moved to a safer "it probably won't land on NR8". See, you're already starting to learn, ain't it great?
    Why we don't have it perked. Now, that's interesting. First, you obviously still have a lot to learn, as NR1 and NR2 NTs do exist. I will have the charity though not to explain you why we don't have NR8 builds.
    Why CB. Maybe for several reasons, which might or might not pertain to the existence of NR perkline, HHAB, and technicalities related to NT's very specific combat mechanic that are however part of the next year lessons program.
    Concerning our arguements, I'm afraid you brought exactly 0 game-knowledge supported arguement to this discussion while we even offered you some tools and tips to avoid (and we failed in that) that you keep being the month buffoon.
    As for what you think, I'm sorry to say it doesn't really interest us. Bit blunt perhaps, but there's no really no meat on your bones. You might not be impressed by what we say and prove, but I am impressed by the shere stubborness of your inner child to make you the class' fool.
    And yet again a QQ'er goes back to insults and personal attacks in an attempt to discredit the person bringing in logical arguments hoping that this will cancel out his valid points. A liltle tip, it dosent. No where in this post did you address any of my points directly and instead make a blanket statement saying they where all wrong without proving or giving any one any reason to belive that they are wrong at all. You have no facts to back up your argument wich is based purely on things that are extreamly impractical to do in the first place (such as spending 20m betwean each bs round). You have brought forth no facts, and no reasoning to back up your arguments only attempted to drown people in your QQ.

In short, you have no legitamate argument other then that nr is op vs certain profs and at the same time you seem to forget the fact that while nr is very usefull against those profs it utterly devistating to have when fighting other profs.

PS: Nr2 nt's? with - 800 nano skills? If your nano's are still landing like that and even doing competitive dmg then, if nothing else, thats only proof that nt's are due for some heavy nerfing because I can promis you, no AR based class can afford to take a -800 debuff to their main attack skill and still preform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Here, I'll propose a change that everyone will like:

Give everyone perma 20k NR with no drawbacks
    Laugh as the NTs QQ more (their tears are delicious)
    ?????????
    Profit
    Your mp doesn't need 20K NR, I saw you in BS 3x and EVERY time in APT @ B.
    So go troll somewhere else.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 7th, 2010 at 20:43:56.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

@Sultry : I don't. Thanks for the leave, m8
    It's cookie cutter on RK1 so... I damn sure expect to see alot less NTs running around since I know you all have it!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Your mp doesn't need 20K NR, I saw you in BS 3x and EVERY time in APT @ B.
    So go troll somewhere else.
    A pistol MP in an APT when I was only farming the last 3k VP I needed?

WHAT A SHOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    Just summing it up here, but this entire request for nerf is based on trader/nt VS 1. Are there even still peeps which have NR8 perma perked? if so, they probably hate traders/NT as theyre being pwned by any other prof out there

yes, i only log it when an abundance of nt/trader decide to join the battlestation. It is quite fun.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    A pistol MP in an APT when I was only farming the last 3k VP I needed?

WHAT A SHOCK
    oh man up abit, Ive done BS petless with intel pistols
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Never seen a problem with NR8 perked toons.
    On my trader i met one keeper and one shade that were NR8 perked.
    The shade could not perk crap (opi) and the keeper has since reperked out of it - guess it was too OPed and no fun to play for him?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

No, the result is not similar. You barely dent a NT hp during NBG, well, I do even less damage on a NR8 opponent, his NR8 having no deadline whatsoever. I'm also an endgame NT (without towers though) and an half assed sol in NR8 with just the D-shark can just press FA to kill me eventually.
    The soldier has sacrificed a hell of a lot just to be able to kill nts, so comparing a fight between a soldier who is setup to VS nts and hardly anyone else and a NT that has made no sacrifices to perfom better vs nr8 soldiers. its completely fair that the soldier would steam roll the nt.

if you want to perform better against a NR8 soldier, equip a weapon and pew pew, he has hardly any evades, no reflects ect then its a more equal fight.

its like a fixer refusing to Ip evades, perk acro defensive stance and never using CSS or SWS then complaining about being perked, in fact its even worse.

L2P if someone is invincible to a certain type of attack, dont use it. If engineers had infinite blockers do you think people would complain because they cant kill them with AS spam alone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Notum Repulsor needs to give more NR, and less debuff.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    And yet again a QQ'er goes back to insults and personal attacks in an attempt to discredit the person bringing in logical arguments hoping that this will cancel out his valid points.
    It would be insults if it wasn't true, but unfortunately it is. As for discretditing you, you help a good bunch and I'm gonna prove it (again) immediately :

PS: Nr2 nt's? with - 800 nano skills? If your nano's are still landing like that and even doing competitive dmg then, if nothing else, thats only proof that nt's are due for some heavy nerfing because I can promis you, no AR based class can afford to take a -800 debuff to their main attack skill and still preform well.
    1) You really can't get your knowledge of NR right, can you? How is it even possible? I gave you every tool you needed to make a claim that could at least be based on real numbers, including auno link, and still you manage to fail on having the right numbers. Do I really need to book a plane ticket, get to your place and do the two or three click needed to use auno on your own computer?
    2) Doing competitive dmg? What does nanodamage have to do in any way with NR? Oh wait, let me guess, you had absolutely no idea damage on nukes aren't influenced by the amount of nanoskills?
    3) The nanos of NR2 NTs still lands thanks to CB.

A liltle tip, it dosent. No where in this post did you address any of my points directly and instead make a blanket statement saying they where all wrong without proving or giving any one any reason to belive that they are wrong at all. You have no facts to back up your argument wich is based purely on things that are extreamly impractical to do in the first place (such as spending 20m betwean each bs round). You have brought forth no facts, and no reasoning to back up your arguments only attempted to drown people in your QQ.

In short, you have no legitamate argument other then that nr is op vs certain profs and at the same time you seem to forget the fact that while nr is very usefull against those profs it utterly devistating to have when fighting other profs.
    I think I got my answer. You just can't read. Or you can but can't make sense of whay you read (which depending on what pedagogic school of thought you belong to might mean you can't read anyway). Or you are just in denial. That could work too.

Let's break it up again for your benefit :
    - NR8 gives up to 20K NR.
    - Starting at NR4 or 5, the hindrances attached don't get aggravated.
    - Since it's creation, it went for NR8 from 24 reperk days to every 48 hrs + every 16hrs + every 20m without seeing its mods changed.
    - No evade or AAD oriented counterpart exists. (NB : Which creates an unbalance between professions whose combat abilities are based mainly on nanos and NR checking perks and those whose combat abilities are based on weapons and AR checking perks. And this is the Balance forums, you know)
    - The reworking of control/extermination and to an extent support professions toolset is getting reoriented toward nano use (see for more details the crat nano sheet and doc/MPs balance threads)
    - Post balancing standard buff duration will be 4 hours.
    - Edit : forgot Notum Repulsor selectively repulse only offencive nano.

All those are facts and all a reason to review Notum Repulsor from scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve
    The soldier has sacrificed a hell of a lot just to be able to kill nts, so comparing a fight between a soldier who is setup to VS nts and hardly anyone else and a NT that has made no sacrifices to perfom better vs nr8 soldiers. its completely fair that the soldier would steam roll the nt.
    Your idea of fairness is interesting. Where's my Bullet Repulsor perkline, I want those 20k dodge asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentwolve
    if you want to perform better against a NR8 soldier, equip a weapon and pew pew, he has hardly any evades, no reflects ect then its a more equal fight.
    Ah, so we're speaking about a retarded soldier who perked NR8 before buffing? Funny breed those. Also, 30s equip time on deck is kinda of deterrent for weapon swappings.

Its like a fixer refusing to Ip evades, perk acro defensive stance and never using CSS or SWS then complaining about being perked, in fact its even worse.
    Orange and apple. No, actually, orange and screwdriver.

L2P if someone is invincible to a certain type of attack, dont use it. If engineers had infinite blockers do you think people would complain because they cant kill them with AS spam alone ?
    I definitely think they will complain. They already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Notum Repulsor needs to give more NR, and less debuff.
    Obviously. I'm sure this the way FC will pick.
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Oct 8th, 2010 at 12:33:45.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Obviously. I'm sure this the way FC will pick.
    QQ all you like, but the perkline isn't a viable choice, really, for anyone.
    That needs attention (as do most general lines)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast