Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Want to fix tl7 pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I don't even think that I can recognize all aspects of balance problem, simply because I don't actively play all professions. Just to humor you, I still think AS is heavily mis balanced in both it's power but also in it's necessity to function for many profs. Another example would be that some professions have zero chance to hurt my doctor - while the doc is unable to do anything to some others. In other news I hear that keepers quite love the current tl7 pvp as well and will totally agree that those 5 points will make their BS experience all the more pleasurable.
    Oh and there are those nano and perk changes documents out already with heavy changes but we can scrap those entirely. After all, these 5 changes will FIX the pvp and everything else is unneeded.

Look, I am not disagreeing with your 5 points. In fact I quite agree on them. Those are your opinion of what's the most wrong and that is cool. Those aren't the only change that is needed for pvp balance. As those may be your top 5 priorities other may have different top 5 priorities and if in the end the top 25 from a compiled list of 14941 different top 5 are adressed... Great!
    Yeah i'm waiting to see how the nano and perk changes will change pvp aswell. Do you agree that agent profession should be the ONLY profession allowed with AS capping as easily as it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Yeah i'm waiting to see how the nano and perk changes will change pvp aswell. Do you agree that agent profession should be the ONLY profession allowed with AS capping as easily as it does?
    If the rest of the profs gets something equally viable, effective and unique at once, yeah. Why not?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    The man isn't as crazy as you all make him out to be, honest. In fact, given the glacial pace of this dev team at actually doing something, this thread is likely to be the best "rebalance" we could get.
    If that's your definition of 'best re-balance', then frankly, you should be happy with the current state of the game. Fixing any 5 points wouldn't have the huge impact you might think it should.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    If the rest of the profs gets something equally viable, effective and unique at once, yeah. Why not?
    No.

Nerf the efficacy of AS on every prof INCLUDING agent, and the game will be 90% fixed.

Evades/NT's, and engies also need nerfing after the AS nerf. when evades/reflects/nukes are all on par, then FA needs a nerf to recharge length, and then everything will be reasonable imo.

Then everyone will be harder to kill and the heal nerfs can start. Once that is done, PVM will be a challenge again and PVP will be far more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If that's your definition of 'best re-balance', then frankly, you should be happy with the current state of the game. Fixing any 5 points wouldn't have the huge impact you might think it should.
    This game was 100 times more balanced back before the AS pistol. Period. Don't be so naive.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

This game was 100 times more balanced back before the AS pistol. Period. Don't be so naive.
    Jesus ******* Christ finally...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Yes.

No.

Nerf the efficacy of AS on every prof INCLUDING agent, and the game will be 90% fixed.

Evades/NT's, and engies also need nerfing after the AS nerf. when evades/reflects/nukes are all on par, then FA needs a nerf to recharge length, and then everything will be reasonable imo.

Then everyone will be harder to kill and the heal nerfs can start. Once that is done, PVM will be a challenge again and PVP will be far more balanced.
    EVERYONE BUT agent, they should be the ONLY AS profession. If you want AS so bad roll a ******* agent, NOT other professions.

I agree they should be the only prof with access to a GOOD AS, but, it's still OP'd as is, even in the hands of 'only' agents.

Consider the huge benefit of AS at TL5, TL5 agents are a head and shoulders above every other prof, if given time to prepare for a 1-1 encounter. Overall, their PVP efficacy is undeniable, with AS+CS+feast+other AI perks, Agents are a walking 5 second alpha. TL7 is different, no question, and yes agents might need a bit more, but, you remove AS from everyone else, and Agents will take on the enviable role of "evade killer"... unfortunately, it's not only "evades killer" though, it will be most other profs as well, save perhaps engi, but engies have balance issues to sort out regardless of AS/AS pistol.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm all for losign the AS pistol ASAP, becuase it's the worst damn item thats ever been put into any game I've ever played, BUT, I'm not sure I can fully support Agents having access to such a formidable special, unless other checks are added.

Well I want to see the game move away from AS online, see profs use AND effect with their toolsets instead of having to rely on AS - so yeah, absolutely. It's my main wish for the rebalance... not quite sure if I'll get it though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Jesus ******* Christ finally...
    Holy crap you have 2 people agreeing with you! I frankly do not, and claim you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Holy crap you have 2 people agreeing with you! I frankly do not, and claim you have no idea what you're talking about.
    boo.

Especially funny in this thread is the detail where the OP repeatedly claims that 1hb/1he combination of perks is not intended.

Buddy, you dont know what they intend until they tell you. And you're not the one to decide what is intended and what is not. You can voice your opinion on the matter (and I tend to agree that it is a wee bit too cookiecutter) but its just that, your opinion, not a fact.
    ಠ_ಠ

Granted, I don't like AS Online either, but you and your friends are overselling the AS pistol way more than you should be. If anything, it enabled many professions to compete better in PVP that you could argue needed that boost. The only OPed thing about AS pistols is the side effect of giving even more advantages to already awesome Advy's ... and that's hardly '100 times' more unbalancing to AO PVP before AS pistol was introduced.

Sorry, but being sensational doesn't make your point. It's not the weapon that is the problem here, it's AS.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 18th, 2010 at 18:29:52.

No.

Yeah, evade profs will be happy, I'm aware of that. It still won't make game 90% fixed for the rest of us.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post

Buddy, you dont know what they intend until they tell you. And you're not the one to decide what is intended and what is not. You can voice your opinion on the matter (and I tend to agree that it is a wee bit too cookiecutter) but its just that, your opinion, not a fact.
    Good god, someone on the forum that GETS IT! A rare find these days.

I agree they should be the only prof with access to a GOOD AS, but, it's still OP'd as is, even in the hands of 'only' agents.

Consider the huge benefit of AS at TL5, TL5 agents are a head and shoulders above every other prof, if given time to prepare for a 1-1 encounter. Overall, their PVP efficacy is undeniable, with AS+CS+feast+other AI perks, Agents are a walking 5 second alpha. TL7 is different, no question, and yes agents might need a bit more, but, you remove AS from everyone else, and Agents will take on the enviable role of "evade killer"... unfortunately, it's not only "evades killer" though, it will be most other profs as well, save perhaps engi, but engies have balance issues to sort out regardless of AS/AS pistol.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm all for losign the AS pistol ASAP, becuase it's the worst damn item thats ever been put into any game I've ever played, BUT, I'm not sure I can fully support Agents having access to such a formidable special, unless other checks are added.
    Yes it's op'd, and people are complaining cause everyone uses it, it was an an agent only special it would be fine.

Tl5 agents are op'd to *** i agree with you. But once ai perks dont check double AAO all they will have is AS+CS (which isn't alphaing anything).

While 1hb/1he perks were supposed to lock out each other, the devs do not mind that they currently don't because they were going to remove that lock ANYWAYS.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Granted, I don't like AS Online either, but you and your friends are overselling the AS pistol way more than you should be. If anything, it enabled many professions to compete better in PVP that you could argue needed that boost. The only OPed thing about AS pistols is the side effect of giving even more advantages to already awesome Advy's ... and that's hardly '100 times' more unbalancing to AO PVP before AS pistol was introduced.

Sorry, but being sensational doesn't make your point. It's not the weapon that is the problem here, it's AS.
    You're wrong. Very wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    While 1hb/1he perks were supposed to lock out each other, the devs do not mind that they currently don't because they were going to remove that lock ANYWAYS.
    The devs tried to lock the perks out but failed miserably. Instead of fixing the perks to fit the original intention of the lockout, they instead just decided to say "well OK whatever we'll just let them both fire for now."

That doesn't mean it's right that Enfs are throwing perks from both lines like they are.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That's stupid.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 19th, 2010 at 02:19:07.

The devs tried to lock the perks out but failed miserably. Instead of fixing the perks to fit the original intention of the lockout, they instead just decided to say "well OK whatever we'll just let them both fire for now."

That doesn't mean it's right that Enfs are throwing perks from both lines like they are.

Nerfing dual weapon setups locks out more than just enforcers. It locks traders, engineers, and soldiers as well. Besides, the devs plan on talking about relenting on that lockout, and they have admitted that sometimes surprises happen they let through anyway.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 19th, 2010 at 04:47:03.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast