Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aimed shot: what should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    You don't need MR to perk evaders.

L2P.

you only "need" MR to perk evaders if you have crap timing, or you're doing something ridiculous, like, using gelids on a 205 doctor and complaining that you can't hit endgame fixers with crave, or whatever it's called.
    I'll keep that in mind with my effective 3k AR.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    I'll keep that in mind with my effective 3k AR.
    You can perk evaders with 3k AR.

Tell me which one you want to perk, and I'll tell you how to do it.

Lets just say, for example, that you want to perk an MA. since that is an evade profession, with not over the top stats, and not 3 boatloads of AAD.

Lets just say that the MA is in NR 1, so, we will have a tough time with NR checking perks as well.

Ok, So, my MA is in a defensive setup, I have roughly 2600 Evade close and slightly less or more (can't remember) Dodge range. I have 1100 AAD I think.

Lets call it 3700 evades all in. so, you want to perk me with 3000 AR. Here's how to do it.

1. We all know it'll be tough to do with ES up, thats a known, but, it only lasts 1:20, so, lets just wait a bit.

ok, ES is up. And lets just say that DOF is done as well, so, you only have to deal with limber.
    3900 evades all in.

So, you need 3900 effective AR to perk me, right?

Well, lets see, lets say youre a Advy, and an avy full buffed with decent equip has about 3000 AR. Probably an advy has about 2300 Of the weap skill, so, that means about 700 AAO.

AI perks check AAO twice. So, 3000+700= 3700 AR.

That means you'll still be short 200 or 133 AAO.

No worries, I know a lot of places to find 133 AAO.
    1. you can team a crat.
    2. you can get a FAT and a umbral
    3. you can get DB1 raidbuff and FAT
    4. you can get a 275 presence tower and FAT
    5. you can get a 275 presence tower and DB1 raid buff
    6. you can do any combination of the above to get an extra 133 AAO or 200 effective AR bonus.
    7. Alternately, if you are in a fight with the MA you can easily play defensively, until the MA attempts a limber perk gank on you, this requires 4 swaps, usually: purple hud for green hud, OFAB back for notucom, offence board for defence board, and possibly a ring or hud item. At this point, the MA will lose 64+100+50+25+20ish = 260ish evades.

Now you can perk him.

Or, you can use ConC perks instead, which works nicely, and likely you can do it even with DOF, limber or ES up.

Have fun!

You can perk evaders with 3k AR.

Tell me which one you want to perk, and I'll tell you how to do it.

Lets just say, for example, that you want to perk an MA. since that is an evade profession, with not over the top stats, and not 3 boatloads of AAD.

Lets just say that the MA is in NR 1, so, we will have a tough time with NR checking perks as well.

Ok, So, my MA is in a defensive setup, I have roughly 2600 Evade close and slightly less or more (can't remember) Dodge range. I have 1100 AAD I think.

Lets call it 3700 evades all in. so, you want to perk me with 3000 AR. Here's how to do it.

1. We all know it'll be tough to do with ES up, thats a known, but, it only lasts 1:20, so, lets just wait a bit.

ok, ES is up. And lets just say that DOF is done as well, so, you only have to deal with limber.
    3900 evades all in.

So, you need 3900 effective AR to perk me, right?

Well, lets see, lets say youre a Advy, and an avy full buffed with decent equip has about 3000 AR. Probably an advy has about 2300 Of the weap skill, so, that means about 700 AAO.

AI perks check AAO twice. So, 3000+700= 3700 AR.

That means you'll still be short 200 or 133 AAO.

No worries, I know a lot of places to find 133 AAO.
    1. you can team a crat.
    2. you can get a FAT and a umbral
    3. you can get DB1 raidbuff and FAT
    4. you can get a 275 presence tower and FAT
    5. you can get a 275 presence tower and DB1 raid buff
    6. you can do any combination of the above to get an extra 133 AAO or 200 effective AR bonus.
    7. Alternately, if you are in a fight with the MA you can easily play defensively, until the MA attempts a limber perk gank on you, this requires 4 swaps, usually: purple hud for green hud, OFAB back for notucom, offence board for defence board, and possibly a ring or hud item. At this point, the MA will lose 64+100+50+25+20ish = 260ish evades.

Now you can perk him.

Or, you can use ConC perks instead, which works nicely, and likely you can do it even with DOF, limber or ES up.

Have fun!
    That was 3k with 80% check perks btw.

2279 Pistol, 314 AAO.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Also, lol at 700 AAO advies.
    Last edited by Brofist; Nov 5th, 2010 at 05:38:40.

That was 3k with 80% check perks btw.

2279 Pistol, 314 AAO.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Also, lol at 700 AAO advies.
    I take it you're an engineer?

314 AAO is atrocious.

try perking evade classes with nano feast and medallion. Then giver.

hmm 700 AAO is lol, lets just see for a sec:

75 from 2.5k def board
    75 from DB bracer
    20 from masterpiece bracer
    90 from 6 pieces CC
    24 from SSD
    40 from CotWK
    60 from purple hud
    130 from symbs
    30 I think from mother wolf
    65 I think from top sabre
    20 from dalja ring or ofab I think

Total is: 630 Ok, I was 70 off, but, I don't think that is Lolly, thats pretty close, and I'm at work so that was just off the top of my head. 10% off isn't that bad. say 600 then.

If you have such low AAO, you may want to adjust your setup. try a remodulator.

I take it you're an engineer?

314 AAO is atrocious.

try perking evade classes with nano feast and medallion. Then giver.

hmm 700 AAO is lol, lets just see for a sec:

75 from 2.5k def board
    75 from DB bracer
    20 from masterpiece bracer
    90 from 6 pieces CC
    24 from SSD
    40 from CotWK
    60 from purple hud
    130 from symbs
    30 I think from mother wolf
    65 I think from top sabre
    20 from dalja ring or ofab I think

Total is: 630 Ok, I was 70 off, but, I don't think that is Lolly, thats pretty close, and I'm at work so that was just off the top of my head. 10% off isn't that bad. say 600 then.

If you have such low AAO, you may want to adjust your setup. try a remodulator.
    I don't think you know anything about support profession and their AR template at all. And I have tried a remod, it is lol worthy.

And to reestablish your point. To perk an evade profession you first, must be in all all out AR whore setup. Not be a support profession. Be OSBed (or have towers). Tank them for 2 minutes to wear down their better evade perks. The evader must be self buffed, and not have towers. And rely on game mechanics that wont exist post balance. (AI perks getting double AAO check.)

I think that explains nicely why support professions whore out AS.

Medallion is 100% MC vs NR right now, so it lands on self buffed soldiers only.

Also, no one uses saber.
    Last edited by Brofist; Nov 5th, 2010 at 07:24:18.

I don't think you know anything about support profession and their AR template at all. And I have tried a remod, it is lol worthy.

And to reestablish your point. To perk an evade profession you first, must be in all all out AR whore setup. Not be a support profession. Be OSBed (or have towers). Tank them for 2 minutes to wear down their better evade perks. The evader must be self buffed, and not have towers. And rely on game mechanics that wont exist post balance. (AI perks getting double AAO check.)

I think that explains nicely why support professions whore out AS.

Medallion is 100% MC vs NR right now, so it lands on self buffed soldiers only.

Also, no one uses saber.

Is it possible that an engineer needs to perk a melee prof?

If an engineer can't beat a melee prof without perks, you're doing something wrong.

If you absolutely MUST perk an evade prof, use CoNC, and please, don't do this retarded dance of: (Implied) "I'm nerfed, I can't perk an evade prof", when clearly your toolset allows (if not promotes) almost instantaneous destruction of almost every single evade prof or otherwise, in a matter of seconds.

I hear a thousand tiny violins. They are playing a very sad song. It's called:

"Cry Me a River"

Is it possible that an engineer needs to perk a melee prof?

If an engineer can't beat a melee prof without perks, you're doing something wrong.

If you absolutely MUST perk an evade prof, use CoNC, and please, don't do this retarded dance of: "I'm nerfed, I can't perk an evade prof", when clearly your toolset allows (if not promotes) almost instantaneous destruction of almost every single evade prof or otherwise, in a matter of seconds.

I hear a thousand tiny violins. They are playing a very sad song. It's called:

"Cry Me a River"
    The whole argument is about perking people. That is what I am debating, I am not debating engineers effectiveness in PvP. I simply used my engineer as an example of AR on support professions.

You stated I could. I proved that I can not perk an equally geared evade class on a support profession, which is why AS has become a staple of support professions in PvP.

This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

The whole argument is about perking people. That is what I am debating, I am not debating engineers effectiveness in PvP. I simply used my engineer as an example of AR on support professions.

You stated I could. I proved that I can not perk an equally geared evade class on a support profession, which is why AS has become a staple of support professions in PvP.
    I've always stated that (as far as my knowledge goes) you can STILL, despite your non-arguments, that you can perk an evader with Feast.

Can you deny that?

Self buffed vs self buffed, against, for example a MA with NR1 perked.

If you say no, then I will adjust my argument to self buffed vs self buffed, without NR1 perked, because both are equally viable setups.

But, If you say you want to perk a fixer, then I don't have an answer. Fixers need a nerf, and thats the truth. MA's, Offense setup advies and Offensive setup crats are ok, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems with them.

I've always stated that (as far as my knowledge goes) you can STILL, despite your non-arguments, that you can perk an evader with Feast.

Can you deny that?

If you say no, then I will adjust my argument to self buffed vs self buffed, without NR1 perked, because both are equally viable setups.

But, If you say you want to perk a fixer, then I don't have an answer. Fixers need a nerf, and thats the truth. MA's, Offense setup advies and Offensive setup crats are ok, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems with them.
    I'm not quite sure of what an MAs nr/aad are so I'm not going to embarrass myself by making up some wrong number.

But I will say that in an AMEP AR whore setup I could probably perk an MA with Nano Feast/Bot Confinement (and only those 2). Now the extra AR from AMEP is something that no other support profession can get so in a ordinary setup a support profession would not be able to perk an MA with Feast/Confinement. And I would hardy consider the 2400-2900 damage those 2 perks do in PvP to be completely game changing in the first place.

Feast just dominates people. Really needs to be nerfed tbh.

You people are afraid of AS now.

Wait for rebalance, Specials won't be the issue then..something else will.

TBH, I think the answer that the OP is looking for is "AS can be anything as long as no pistols have it".
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

How about "Fix AS mechanics and it can be on anything"?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Can you deny that?

Can you give numbers for MPs too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    How about "Fix AS mechanics and it can be on anything"?
    If AS gets a def check, then I suppose it can be on any weapon since only professions with high AS skill would be getting any measure of success from it.

If it doesn't, then that pistol needs an Advy only lock (as it seems FC intends Advys to use AS on pistols), and other professions needs compensated appropriately for the loss of that guaranteed damage. It limits profession specific development way too much, alot like was done to old ranged Advys and current Enfs with the stupid arguments of "well you could just go melee" or "you could just go 1he/1hb".
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    AS isn't the only thing that can hurt evaders try perking a non-advy evade prof and see how fast it dies.
    Really? And here I thought it wasn't necesarry to state the obvious.

Btw I tried your made up scenario, and the answer is NEVER. Guess you must have thought of a specific profession attacking a specific evader profession and just failed to mention that tiny detail.

If you are dumb enough to think that rebalancing will stop at addalldef and not leak into perks and everything else as well, then the answer for you is this: "learn to adapt or perish"
    General of First Order

I dont understand that 3 sec cast time of AS cause " u need time to target and shoot "

Isnt that what 11 sec dose? if not ok then as all the time with 0 cd only 3 sec cast time...

Skill to target something is perfectly solved with AS skill which decrease CD time.

So ur awsome sniper (read over 9k AS skill) guy u need 11 sec to target something and use it.

Also for ppl that compare it to RL. Good snipers dosnt need 3 sec to aim and shoot something under 35 m which is the range of rifles in AO.

Interesting idea would be different types of AS. One timer on all of them but different use.

So u can chose where u wanna shoot someone. Leg/Arm/chest/head etc.

Leg = snear
    Arm = unable to attack for some time or huge init debuff
    Body = minor dmg but 100% chance to hit
    Head = huge dmg 80% or lower chance to hit.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

jude law killed 5 people in about 10 seconds in enemy at the gates you know
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Aimed shot should be available to any ranged weapon.

Rifles and Bows should have 'Snipe Shot'.

Take the max damage a AS can do to 10k and increase the max damage a SS can do to 15k.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast