Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Traders Now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Saying tl5 traders are OP is just retarded now with the new 200 NR ring any good tl5 pvper will be able to alpha a trader before they land second drain 70-80% of the time, Yes traders have drains and ok heals but look at advs... coon, dof, second best heals and great dd, traders are poor in PVM and also now with the 200 NR ring tl5 advs, enfs and docs are going to be virtually undrainable pretty much a waist of time rolling a trader.

Its not like any proff cant beat a trader....
    GL with that
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

what's the problem here really? not like traders can actually kill anything effectively. that's their role really. it's their role to turn you from a grape into a smelly wrinkled usless raisen, which in turn makes you "loosen up" (whine) freely.

just cuz you got drained for 3 minutes isn't much different from being NSD'd by an mp, or slowed down to a crawl by a doctor, agent, or crat.

just cus you can't cast your top ams and didn't put a back up "just in case" doesn't really justify destroying an entire profession.

another edit: you got drained, if you are in a zerg... you may die, but in BS, it's insta-removed in decon room. <shrugs> hey at least it's gone. not like you have to rebuff, like you would if some fixer with an NCU wipe perk.
    Last edited by Gaijin; Oct 29th, 2010 at 04:31:13.

Traders are just cute in BS if you play as a doctor or team with a doctor. Init debuff trader so he spends an eternity trying to land drains and then use perk to remove any drains he may have landed on you or any of your team-mates and then just kill him.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Traders are just cute in BS if you play as a doctor or team with a doctor. Init debuff trader so he spends an eternity trying to land drains and then use perk to remove any drains he may have landed on you or any of your team-mates and then just kill him.
    Yeah, thanks god we can remove drain proc...ou wait
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Traders hafto be very twinked to survive anything at tl5-tl7. I got imo decent evades at tl7 on my trader and i still get capped on every special and if we meet 1v1 they dont wait the 7-8 seconds it takes for me to get all my crap off if it doesent resist.
    Imo unless ur char is finnished and u just get pissed all over by another class purly because the class is that overpowered i dont see a reason why all this crying is justified.
    Have u ever pvped vs a none twinked trader ? they have NO defences and ul hit em with everything even if they drain u completly.
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Pusipose View Post
    Have u ever pvped vs a none twinked trader ? they have NO defences and ul hit em with everything even if they drain u completly.
    This is serious lie, e.g. at TL3-4 I met gimp traders many times and while he landed one stupid nanite with luck and then high ql root which I couldn't remove fast enough then I couldn't kill him and when he landed second drain I was standing on the field in perma root. But it was so big gimp that he couldn't kill me too, he only kept me in root and fully drained

Maxed important nanoskills on tl3 enf and it is ~640 points so when he lands from 40m range one f... nanite, it is 390 points, after second nanite it is only 140 points in nanoskills, it isn't enough even for Bersek rage and aao is debuffed by -800+weapon is OE.

at tl5 there is unremoveable drain procs -137 nanoskills and some -aao too.
    Now take paper and calc it and check if someone can kill trader with all drains running and if you think traders can use only nanite drains and nothing else, check their nanos more carefully.
    So Pusipose, try trolling harder.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 29th, 2010 at 15:43:05.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Apart from GTH and drains trader offense is pathetic. Combat capacity needs more cowbell.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

well, I suppose I can stand corrected when it comes to the lower end of the totem pole on traders, they are pretty damn harsh at low levels.

However, i fear a massive change would also affect the endgame of what little traders already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    well, I suppose I can stand corrected when it comes to the lower end of the totem pole on traders, they are pretty damn harsh at low levels.

However, i fear a massive change would also affect the endgame of what little traders already have.
    Endgame traders don't have any PvP problems at all tbh. They'll die if they go into rambo-mode and try to solo too much, but so do a lot of other profs.

Like I've said before with Traders, fighting them is too much of a black-and-white situation.. either they die a horribly fast death (first drain countered), or you have pretty much no more chance to change the outcome of the fight after the first deciding 5 seconds (first drain landed).

With Shutdown Skills it becomes a lot harder to alpha the Trader off the bat, so really the only way to take them down is catch them by surprise which is obviously not always possible.

Lowbie Traders are completely off the charts to be honest. TL1-5 Traders should never have gotten access to SS, they are more than sturdy enough already and especially so with OSB's (which they have plenty of NCU room for thanks to Trading Mogul).

Someone mentioned other debuffs, but do they work on the defensive capabilities, offensive capabilities, AND nanoskills? I thought not. @NSD being compared to Nanite Drains, that's just a saddening joke.. keep in mind the 160% check on NSD, as well as the fact that even an untwinked and predrained Trader has a TON more nanoskills than a twinked MP.

Also heard stuff about Fixer drain removal perks, but I can tell you right now that's not realistic. Fixers are pretty tight on perks, to get those drain removals you'd either need to give up AR/perks/stuns from SMG Mastery, evades from Acrobat, or AAD from Defensive Stance. When you're facing decent opponents in PvP, none of these are really an option.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

fixers have removed the NCU programs on my soldier several times, that's the only way i knew about it. they have it, it sucks, but nonetheless.

as for SS and OSB's, hey.... i agree the low level pvp traders are disgustingly painful to deal with. come on, how can you compare a Scoped salabim to a soldier who's running into the crowd and takes on 4 people at node A with a onehander and a JPGPP.

my whole point is, the trader ain't gonna kill you, but he/she is gonna upset you, his/her whole job really.... is to prepare you for the wolves he/she is supposed to be leading you to. He drains your fighting skills, but not your evades.......

I'm right on the dot about those MP NSD's, 160% NR or no.. it still lands and it still makes you ineffective enough to where you can't do much.

On my trader and i'll tell you right now.. he can't survive more than 8 seconds (yet) but I make damn sure i try to leave a mark before i return to decon..... if i can't kill you, at least i can upset you enough to make yah come a-whinin' on the forums.

oh, and those shades..... what's the point of draining them? they just perk you to death.

Well he can drain your AAD...but really, the trader gains AR from draining you = equivalent to you losing evades.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    Well he can drain your AAD...but really, the trader gains AR from draining you = equivalent to you losing evades.
    well, sure.. if i live beyond that 8 seconds.

lvl locking CP and IS would fix some tl5 traders. 175 lock or so. and nanite drains 150+ lock
    drains are already enought to get unperkable tl5.
    equiped tl5 trader got around 1900-2000 dodge defs and 1750-1850 defs on evade without drains or obs.
    draining over 1k ar is too much on tl5, 2 nanites and CP
    Last edited by Perskules; Oct 30th, 2010 at 12:48:55.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    lvl locking CP and IS would fix some tl5 traders. 175 lock or so. and nanite drains 150+ lock
    drains are already enought to get unperkable tl5.
    equiped tl5 trader got around 1900-2000 dodge defs and 1750-1850 defs on evade without drains or obs.
    draining over 1k ar is too much on tl5, 2 nanites and CP
    <sigh> (250 x 2) + (150 x 2) AR does NOT equal over 1k AR.

yes it's painful but don't exaggerate and fib because you got drained by a trader.

"1900-2000 dodge defs" .... wow that drain you got really hurt you didnt' it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    <sigh> (250 x 2) + (150 x 2) AR does NOT equal over 1k AR.

yes it's painful but don't exaggerate and fib because you got drained by a trader.

"1900-2000 dodge defs" .... wow that drain you got really hurt you didnt' it?
    well he wrote drains + CP and (250 x 2) + (150 x 2) + 350 is actually over 1k. Arguably you shouldn't leave traders enough time to finish those 3 nanos which is where the win/fail mechnisms kick in. Get lucky counters and the trader splats. Don't get the trader in time and you're useless.
    Quite hard to find the middleground on balance on that.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Especially when you almost never counter.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

in light of new information i have just realized..... IS and CP. okay well... yeah traders can be quite devisating at lower levels. i'll give everyone that. surely, low level pvp traders have a powerful toolset.

well, my issue is, I have IP and CP on my trader, but it's so low down the priority that i almost never get the chance to use them. Like I said, if i can survive those 8 seconds after the first drain on someone, then i can expand my drains. also, it's not like my shots hurt people. =P

Silverback says what.

your an idiot

actually need 4s to drain enought to survive. if vs melee divest+root if ranget divest+cp after CP can try plunder.
    like on tl5 bs you got pre-drains all time on. thats very rare some1 countter divest or cp with 1600-1800 nanoskills.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Apart from GTH and drains trader offense is pathetic. Combat capacity needs more cowbell.
    You couldn't be more wrong...imo ofc.

edit: Actually, is this even a matter of opinion anymore?
    Also, bare in mind that this thread is focused on TL5 Traders and below.
    Last edited by KennyPowers; Oct 30th, 2010 at 21:09:09.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast