Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Legacy Title System" On/Off Option

old title system would bring way too much crap back with it:

-title huggin
    -afking from bs
    -dmg prefarming
    -smaller percentage of the playerbase engaging in pvp
    -2min BS rounds ( since most cared about titles so much, vp farmers had a lot less problems quad cappin ), then 2min break and full rebuff for a round that would most likely end within the next 2minutes

i agree, the adrenaline rush that was attached to the old title system was nice, but overall, i prefer current system over the old1 any given day

but then again, why would we even care about titles, remove any title system/counter at all and ill still be happy personally, just pls do not go back to the old one, wich was even more flawed then the current one

current titles mean nothing, old1s meant allmost as little, came with a lot of negative bull**** tho

in other words, debump
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    old title system would bring way too much crap back with it:

-title huggin
    -afking from bs
    -dmg prefarming
    -smaller percentage of the playerbase engaging in pvp
    -2min BS rounds ( since most cared about titles so much, vp farmers had a lot less problems quad cappin ), then 2min break and full rebuff for a round that would most likely end within the next 2minutes

i agree, the adrenaline rush that was attached to the old title system was nice, but overall, i prefer current system over the old1 any given day

but then again, why would we even care about titles, remove any title system/counter at all and ill still be happy personally, just pls do not go back to the old one, wich was even more flawed then the current one

current titles mean nothing, old1s meant allmost as little, came with a lot of negative bull**** tho

in other words, debump
    Thank you.

And to answer the question as to why I oppose it was pretty obvious. Perhaps if the hypocrisy of this balance forum wasn't so full of ridiculous whiny-driven trash like this, then perhaps I'd respect it a little more. But for now, the only thing I read here is relatively low-brow stupidity fed by the weakness of non-self sufficience.

On that basis alone: the ugliest face is the one that begs. Ergo: no love for you.
    Man up, you'll get farther in this game, and in life in general. Figure it out. Evolve and overcome. Deal with it.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I'm pretty sure I speak for a LOT of us when i say that the old legacy title system was way more exciting then this current kill counter system which only shows how many kills you have as opposed to how good you are and the quality of players you can/have killed.
    You lost my attention as soon as I realized you seriously think the old system was any kind of indicator of skill.

Reality is, it was a better indicator of cowardice than anything. The higher someone's title, the more likely the person would run away crying like a little girl when they realized they might lose a fight.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    You lost my attention as soon as I realized you seriously think the old system was any kind of indicator of skill.

Reality is, it was a better indicator of cowardice than anything. The higher someone's title, the more likely the person would run away crying like a little girl when they realized they might lose a fight.
    didnt that make the kills you get more rewarding then now ?

current title system means its better to farm gimps and greens. know i know pvmers like bubba ect prefer this as it is easier for them. where is the fun in farming thousands of greens for a title you cant even lose,

you should be able to lose titles. the old system atleast had it right with you only being able to gain a title by killing someone of your level, title wise.

and title hugging was awesome, when you robbed a someone notorious for hugging there title it was more rewarding, oh and the hate tells where thick and fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    -dmg prefarming
    teaming up helps this, as you didnt gain or lose title point it, iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    teaming up helps this, as you didnt gain or lose title point it, iirc
    not exactly, if you were teamed you still could loose pts, you just didnt get any,,,

wich is another great achievment of the new title system, ppl actually team way more now ( personally i prefer solo pvp, but still, this is a good change )
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

Welcome back to title farming.
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

So hey, what does this have to do with balancing?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    ask the OP

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    mmm... meh. Nothin tbh, there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't be in GS, oh well.
    212.15.60 - BeYe "Notorious" G
    174.15.42 - Smoke "Sativa"
    150.10.42 - Barbu "Gimprus" ReIncarnated - [E]

RETIRED..
    Lodi "Barbu" Dodi 220/30/70 - Enforcer [P].[E]
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique 220/23/70 - Martial Artist [P].[E]
    Mini "Minibarb" Me 60/6/14 - Enforcer Twink

We already have Duel Wins/Losses noted, why not use this information to create this 'Legacy' title, the info must be there to calculate it.

The same goes for a Duel Win/Loss ratio, my lowbie win/loss amounts equal a better ration than those that have wins/losses in the hundreds ....whos the better pvp'er in that scenario? Surely it would imply me.

I think the data exists ingame already to produce the 'Legacy' title, why not utilize it?

*semi-bump* ....for using existing info.
    Last edited by Stigward; Nov 1st, 2010 at 18:41:26.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Ratio isnt as much of a skill indicator as the actual Legacy Title system was, it based your points and everything off of who it was you were playing, each player had to have a similar history to be able to gain points from eachother so naturally the higher you climbed, the better the players were.. It was a great system imo, it just lacked organization..

Anyways, i made a new thread with a semi different idea, basically only incorporating it as a /duel type activity and i made a thread for it so here ya go

Clicky!
    212.15.60 - BeYe "Notorious" G
    174.15.42 - Smoke "Sativa"
    150.10.42 - Barbu "Gimprus" ReIncarnated - [E]

RETIRED..
    Lodi "Barbu" Dodi 220/30/70 - Enforcer [P].[E]
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique 220/23/70 - Martial Artist [P].[E]
    Mini "Minibarb" Me 60/6/14 - Enforcer Twink

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123