Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deflection Amplifier

Deflection Amplifier

A few of us (unless it's all of us), spent quite a bit of time in Scheol doing the quest for the 2% Deflection Amplifier item.

Now that reflects will be removed from items, what will happen to that item? Any chances in seeing a FA/AAO buff or something along those lines?

You will probably get 2% AAO buff on it, for compensation.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Bleh.. please move this thread to the Soldier forum, it was meant to be posted there. Sorry.

Thinking if I post this enough times, it will get an answer.

Asked similar question in at least two spots.

What happens to quest items that are going away?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Thinking if I post this enough times, it will get an answer.

Asked similar question in at least two spots.

What happens to quest items that are going away?
    Nothing is being taken away, but changed. As for this item, seems like it has its usage at the intended level, but no more useful at 220? So not sure how that would work.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Reflect will be removed from items in the future to remove scenarios where players have been able to receive over 100% reflect values.
    After 2 days of going up and down and up and down and up and down Scheol, you just won 2% of amazing .....nothingness.

Or.. bracers? Considerably more time spent getting those than Scheol..

A lot of profs get nothing useful from Scheol (at 220)
    The XP is well worth doing the quest now anyway, and well worth being the prime reason to do it..
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Nothing is being taken away, but changed. As for this item, seems like it has its usage at the intended level, but no more useful at 220? So not sure how that would work.
    What is Formula22 being replaced with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

A lot of profs get nothing useful from Scheol (at 220)
    The XP is well worth doing the quest now anyway, and well worth being the prime reason to do it..
    I guess this applies to both quotes. Are people doing the Scheol quest at level or at 220? I agree the xp is nice, but if only TL7 are doing the quests, why even bother tinkering with rewards for lowbies.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Plans are to keep this useful. Just remember that it's like all equipments and items, it's too soon to talk about it.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

What Boltgun said. There's nothing concrete, but the plan is to make it something worth torturing yourself in Scheol over.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Plans are to keep this useful. Just remember that it's like all equipments and items, it's too soon to talk about it.
    Aww crap.. I was hoping I'd never have to do that quest again.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Like Kink asked: does that mean reflect bracers are being removed as well? They do come in use for other profs besides soldiers ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Damn... this just made me realize my full set of QL 200s are going to be wasted.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Nothing is known about items at this point. Boltgun and I asked specifically about the deflection amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

WOOT! <3 thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    What Boltgun said. There's nothing concrete, but the plan is to make it something worth torturing yourself in Scheol over.
    Please don't I told myself I would never do that quest again after the first time
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Don't get peoples hate of the scheol quests... sure they can take a fair while and at times be quite nasty, but you get tons of xp (ran it on a level 215 and got 2 levels from it) and if it comes with good loot...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Don't get peoples hate of the scheol quests... sure they can take a fair while and at times be quite nasty, but you get tons of xp (ran it on a level 215 and got 2 levels from it) and if it comes with good loot...
    Most people who hate the scheol quests did them before you got any significant amounts of XP/SK for doing them.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

True, back then it was a bit naff, but now if you do it at the right level you can get I'd say at least about 5 levels from it, if not more (some friends got 10-15 levels from it, but I suspect shenanigans).

Hm whats wrong with it? You could use it in ams cooldown period. No one also said that it is a tl7 toy. In fact most of rewards were designed for lower levels.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast