Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Keep Improved Precognition For Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    Reflects are a technology, not a skill. Using the same logic joe blow off the street could be a soldier.
    they are minipulating nanobots to create a shield, how is that not skillful.

its not like there standing behind a rock or pulling out a riot shield from their backpack lol
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Reflects are a technology, not a skill. Using the same logic joe blow off the street could be a soldier.
    Jumping down to mold doesn't take much take much skill neither (been there, done that) and you're not dodging much after that. Therefor a bum tripping over could be a soldier. Enough of meaningless sarcasm. It's a science fiction game for a reason anyway. Logic is irrelevant.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    they are minipulating nanobots to create a shield, how is that not skillful.

its not like there standing behind a rock or pulling out a riot shield from their backpack lol
    Yes, your right it is a skill, however it is a technomancy skill. And any real Soldier, does not depend on his technology for everything, he or she is physically fit in case his or her weapons might fail. When a soldier goes to bootcamp, they automatically give a soldier a tank or a gun. They must be at the zenith of their ability, of sound mind and body before they can be given expensive combat armor and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Jumping down to mold doesn't take much take much skill neither (been there, done that) and you're not dodging much after that. Therefor a bum tripping over could be a soldier. Enough of meaningless sarcasm. It's a science fiction game for a reason anyway. Logic is irrelevant.
    I know its a game, I am just role playing the idealistic archetype structure I would imagine a soldier to be. No dodge = Completely technology reliant, which is wrong imo.

I'd say remove most soldiers equipment and they'd be goners. Sure healthy and disciplined goners with some survival skills but goners non the less.

If were talking about real soldiers and not hollywood stylised soldiers that can take on entire armies single handed with 3 bullets and stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I'd say remove most soldiers equipment and they'd be goners. Sure healthy and disciplined goners with some survival skills but goners non the less.

If were talking about real soldiers and not hollywood stylised soldiers that can take on entire armies single handed with 3 bullets and stick.
    Since everyone in the game is considered a Hero "notably pointed out by ergo". However using the math that everyone in game is a hero, the abilities are lessened to give definition to specific other profession archetypes, but not loose them all together. Without the definitions of Breed Caps and such on the math end, all abilities could technically be 500/500 but that wouldn't be fun would it?

Would point out your not loosing evades all together you can still raise them and such, just like all the other non evade professions.

Your loosing less self sufficient evades than some of the evade professions and if you actually get support from the other professions like everyone else has to you actually GAIN more evades while the professions that actually rely on evades for their entire defence loose some entirely with no way to gain it back, let alone gain more.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Dec 3rd, 2010 at 19:39:00.

I say that if we want to RP pvp, rpvp mayhaps, Soldiers should not be able to attack anyone until a Bureaucrat of team rank Commander or higher gives the order. I am approve.

I know its a game, I am just role playing the idealistic archetype structure I would imagine a soldier to be. No dodge = Completely technology reliant, which is wrong imo.
    And we are back on this again... You are just loosing your selfbuff (and getting other nano in return), not evades in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    I say that if we want to RP pvp, rpvp mayhaps, Soldiers should not be able to attack anyone until a Bureaucrat of team rank Commander or higher gives the order. I am approve.
    Surely, this can't go on any further without MP's blessing as well.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Dec 3rd, 2010 at 20:48:39.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Would point out your not loosing evades all together you can still raise them and such, just like all the other non evade professions.

Your loosing less self sufficient evades than some of the evade professions and if you actually get support from the other professions like everyone else has to you actually GAIN more evades while the professions that actually rely on evades for their entire defence loose some entirely with no way to gain it back, let alone gain more.
    Who said Soldiers aren't an evade profession? Maybe in the context of the vision of the balance document, but certainly it does not reflect current perks, and nano buffs. You also have to look at the entire scope of things, not just in the context of absolutes.

Your telling me something I already know, but you are also making it sound much better then it actually is, in a duel using your own nano's and evades is honorable thing, if you have to rely on OSB to make evades work for the soldier prof, there is something wrong. Why even give soldiers any evade systems at all then? With that logic, I say all soldiers should be in charge of all weapons buffs, without our buffs, your weapons are only just "ok". No more trader wrangles, no on else is in charge of weapons but us.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    And we are back on this again... You are just loosing your selfbuff (and getting other nano in return), not evades in general.

Surely, this can't go on any further without MP's blessing as well.
    If general evades are not functional on a 1 on 1 PVP level, there is no point in having them in the first place, don't try to bs me Klod, you are talking through your teeth. This is a ploy for you to get your way to finally killing a profession you love to hate. You don't like the fact that out of the starting gate we are self sufficient. I smell lies in the air a mile away from someone such as you, as gung ho as you are about MP's, I imagine the little scenarios that go through your head about how your going to kill soldiers now cause they will have a shorter AMS. When I imagine you posting on topics of other profession nerfs, I imagine you grinning and rubbing your hands together, like a kid who got picked on by a bully and they found out was being sent to detention. Your logic is quite transparent Klod.

Soldiers are not an evade profession because:

a) they get limited support
    b) they are no where near reliant on evades
    c) they have to sacrifice a lot to get an evades based defence. (by evade soldiers own admission)

No profession that has to sacrifice so much to get a defence in such a limited supported (lots of people get small amount of evades here and there through perk and nano toolsets at the moment) can be said to be a profession that is based on that.

Some one who knows this and then claims that they are an evade profession and then complains about people not looking at the entire scope of things is to be honest silly.

I never stated it was that good I was just stating you don't loose that much and in fact if you get outside buffs you gain a greater maximum than you currently have.

Yes in a duel you'd not be able to maximise your evades just like my fixer wouldn't be able to maximise reflects, health, nano skills (which coincidentally locks some of my own toolset out), damage shields or AC's.

Why should soldiers be any different?

And your last statement is just pure unintelligent drivel.

Your not an evades profession so of course you shouldn't be "in charge" of buffing a skill your not focused on, however you do get other stuff that you can buff that others cant, for example any profession that doesn't focus on the ranged weapon they want to use has to see a soldier and trader to maximise use of it, any profession that doesn't focus on hp or reflects will have to see a soldier/enfo or a soldier/engineer.

Just like any profession that doesn't focus on evades will have to see an MA or to a lesser extent a fixer.

And lets look at the maximum evades value changes so far for the 3 main evade users, the ones that rely almost exclusively on evades:

Shades: Gain 110 duck/dodge 120 evades self no higher from osb
    Martial artists: gain 10 dodge, loose 20 duck, loose 80ish evade. self no higher from osb
    Fixer: loose 40 duck/evade loose 250 dodge self with no capacity for high from osbs.

And the others that are not currently completely reliant on evades:

Keeper (who is shifting to be the evade tank it seems): +146 duck/dodge +160 evade. no higher from osb's.
    Soldiers: -110 self but gain +30 over current maximum from osb.
    Everyone else: Gains +30 available from outside buffs with potential for other to loose their current self buffs.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Dec 3rd, 2010 at 21:37:45.

If general evades are not functional on a 1 on 1 PVP level, there is no point in having them in the first place, don't try to bs me Klod, you are talking through your teeth. This is a ploy for you to get your way to finally killing a profession you love to hate.
    FC already explained that 1 on 1 PvP won't be supported. And also, how exactly does loosing self evade buff, while not loosing usability of evade oriented setup, due to ability to get external buff to support it, kills a profession?

Also, why would I "kill" profession that I also play personally? There's no ploy of any kind, it's only in your head.

You don't like the fact that out of the starting gate we are self sufficient. I smell lies in the air a mile away from someone such as you, as gung ho as you are about MP's, I imagine the little scenarios that go through your head about how your going to kill soldiers now cause they will have a shorter AMS... some garble
    This little change (evade buff) doesn't change a thing in me getting my way with soldiers, with my MP.

Your logic is quite transparent Klod.
    Your skull is quite thick though.

If general evades are not functional on a 1 on 1 PVP level, there is no point in having them in the first place,
    This game will not be balanced 1v1.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Also general evades DO work in 1v1, just not in the same way a full evade professions evades work.

General evades prevent you being perma critted and allow for the occasional evasion of regulars.

It doesn't have to be high for you to get advantage out of them but it does if thats your ENTIRE defense and thus you need to be dodging more than occasionally.

c) they have to sacrifice a lot to get an evades based defence. (by evade soldiers own admission)
    Marine is obviously reliant on evades, which makes what you just said irrelevant. If no where near is the difference between dying and not dying, I suggest rechecking your facts.
    No profession that has to sacrifice so much to get a defence in such a limited supported (lots of people get small amount of evades here and there through perk and nano toolsets at the moment) can be said to be a profession that is based on that.
    If you can tell me why evades exist on our profession perk lines, evades exist in our nano tool sets, then maybe, you can explain why our profession isn't supposed to use them.

Some one who knows this and then claims that they are an evade profession and then complains about people not looking at the entire scope of things is to be honest silly.
    Again above.

I never stated it was that good I was just stating you don't loose that much and in fact if you get outside buffs you gain a greater maximum than you currently have.
    Yes, of course. Why would you say something so condescendingly obvious? What does it matter to you if Soldiers have a weaker self evade buff or not, if we could always get a better one from another prof?

Yes in a duel you'd not be able to maximise your evades just like my fixer wouldn't be able to maximise reflects, health, nano skills (which coincidentally locks some of my own toolset out), damage shields or AC's.
    Oh yeah? How much would I bet your using a soldier reflect graft on you right now? The %'s from that is an immediate payoff, you don't need to twink for it.

Because the Soldier Archetype excels are warfare in every way, you just can't appreciate that idea, cause your too busy rping your own prof to understand the difference between logical tool sets and convenient ones.

Wouldn't be the first time someone from a forum has told me so.

Your not an evades profession so of course you shouldn't be "in charge" of buffing a skill your not focused on, however you do get other stuff that you can buff that others cant, for example any profession that doesn't focus on the ranged weapon they want to use has to see a soldier and trader to maximise use of it, any profession that doesn't focus on hp or reflects will have to see a soldier/enfo or a soldier/engineer.
    If you think a soldier isn't an evade profession, ask funcom about the perks and nano. The game has not changed yet, less you forget.

Marine is obviously reliant on evades, which makes what you just said irrelevant. If no where near is the difference between dying and not dying, I suggest rechecking your facts.
    If you can tell me why evades exist on our profession perk lines, evades exist in our nano tool sets, then maybe, you can explain why our profession isn't supposed to use them.

Again above.

Yes, of course. Why would you say something so condescendingly obvious? What does it matter to you if Soldiers have a weaker self evade buff or not, if we could always get a better one from another prof?

Oh yeah? How much would I bet your using a soldier reflect graft on you right now? The %'s from that is an immediate payoff, you don't need to twink for it.

Because the Soldier Archetype excels are warfare in every way, you just can't appreciate that idea, cause your too busy rping your own prof to understand the difference between logical tool sets and convenient ones.

Wouldn't be the first time someone from a forum has told me so.

Just like any profession that doesn't focus on evades will have to see an MA or to a lesser extent a fixer.
    Why, cause you say so?

And lets look at the maximum evades value changes so far for the 3 main evade users, the ones that rely almost exclusively on evades:

Shades: Gain 110 duck/dodge 120 evades self no higher from osb
    Martial artists: gain 10 dodge, loose 20 duck, loose 80ish evade. self no higher from osb
    Fixer: loose 40 duck/evade loose 250 dodge self with no capacity for high from osbs.

Soldiers: loose 110 self but gain +30 over current maximum from osb.
    Everyone else: Gains +30 available from outside buffs with potential for other to loose their current self buffs.
    I have an alternate opinion then you, I would rather play a game where in order to do something fun, I didn't have to go around buff begging in order to make my setup work. You must think thats fun or something. If I cue up for battlestations, I don't want to have to wait for a fixer or ma to make my gear work for me.

FC already explained that 1 on 1 PvP won't be supported. And also, how exactly does loosing self evade buff, while not loosing usability of evade oriented setup, due to ability to get external buff to support it, kills a profession?
    If 1v1 pvp is not supported why /duel @ all? I have not read that, but I think saying such a thing makes for a worthless game mechanic that benefits unbalanced builds.

Also, why would I "kill" profession that I also play personally? There's no ploy of any kind, it's only in your head.
    Funny how you say you play it, when you brought up how modern soldiers use Dshark, as opposed to anger a few months ago. Then your response was, oh they look the same or some corny crap like that.

This little change (evade buff) doesn't change a thing in me getting my way with soldiers, with my MP.
    Yes, it does actually, because its an additional defense that you no longer have to worry about.

Your skull is quite thick though.
    Thats why I am a soldier.

Why, cause you say so?
    No...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    This game will not be balanced 1v1.
    If Funcom takes /duel out, then I will not complain about 1 v 1. Until then my arguments remain relevant. If I want a fancy duel title, I want to be able to achieve it just as much as the next person.

Dude, you have no arguments at all. You are such an easy target that it's getting boring to pwn you all the time.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast