Thread: The Rebalance So Far

The Rebalance So Far

of the profession documents released SO FAR how balanced would you say the classes are WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CLASSES THAT ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR BALANCE DOCUMENTS?

i.e. solja v enf, solja v crat, solja v engie, etc etc

i'd prefer someone that knows wtf they're talking about to answer about they prof they know/play the best, and not some gimp crying "ZOMG MY PROF GOT NERFED QQ /RAGEQUIT"

also, i dont wanna see a million "MP IS TEH NERFIEST PROF" posts either (not naming any names here, you know who you are)

please enlighten me as it's hard to visit every nanodoc change thread and read nothing but whines about how that profession is going to be the gimpest profession ever. ideally i want a subjective breakdown based on how you see your nano documents.

I'd say its a bit too early to tell, specially as each nano doc makes me think they'll be going back and fine tuning earlier ones and the perks again.

From a fixers point of view, its hard to see where much has actually changed, good or bad.

We've gained a few points more damage maybe, 2 of our perks are more usable so we'll do a bit more consistent damage. Though AS nerf will limit lots of fixers that relied on it (I myself never used AS on my fixer so can't say how much it would change me)

our CC has been severely crippled and depending on item changes it may become redundant (for example if free movements exist and aren't nerfed beyond usage any fixer snare/roots in pvp will be gone in a click) so anyone we had to keep distance from will most likely have a much easier time keeping near us, specially with the lowered ability to remove cc from ourselves (what we had has been cooldown locked and we've lost our innate 10s removal from roots/snares from firewall).

This may of course be worked around by using different tree's of removers (using both self and other/team ones to remove it from ourselves) but there may be a chance both share cooldown, we'd have to wait for them to go live to check that exactly.

Our healing has been slightly reduced/limited in effectiveness, specifically our short hots and targeted long hots, they may potentially heal the same but the durations between each heal has been increased to a point where there could be a chance we'd die before the next tick, so those that could get to a point where an alpha could land on us will find it easier to hurt us, and this may be easier still with the supposed evade nerf that has been talked about.

So in general we've gained a bit of damage but lost some survivability, if we get the nano reqs for some things reduced a bit more so were not reliant on conc we could become a bit more lethal vs certain people, but those that could kill us before will probably not find it any harder (and may find it easier).

Soldiers are a threat, specially with their hot removal powers and now their own hot that blows our short one out of the water heal wise a good chance they'll be able to out last us in a 1 on 1 fight depending on how evades are changed, crats will potentially have an easier time taking us out with their new nano lines.

Keepers may become more lethal with their parry/riposte and new line of attacks, coupled with fixers no longer being able to keep them at a distance it all comes down to how much damage each can squeeze from their set ups, with the keepers getting a bit of an edge here with number of special attacks they can get.

Engineers might suffer from us a bit more, with the added ease of using all of our perks all the time and a bit of extra damage and their specials being reduced it may make getting them down easier specially with less aao debuffing, this of course depends on how their pets will change, as we'll no longer be able to keep them permanatly at bay.

I've forgotten most others nano docs so I'll have to go find em again to check them out again.

But in general (and I don't want to make this sound too much like "my profs been nerfed) our offensive nano skills have been reduced a lot as have lots of our anti CC tools, however in return we get to use 2 perks that were locked to having to use a 5 minute cooldown perk, a few points more damage and the ability to hand out ammo, med kits, stims, buffs without having to team and remove the odd buff in pvp (but not in pvm unless they go and fix all the mobs buffs they purposely made so the nano to remove them wont remove them) if we get teamed.

So yeah 1v1 we're a bit weaker, in team pvp we could potentially do stuff to help others kill people.

Unfortunately its still far far FAR to early to give a proper estimation, lots of classes still need to be done and of course things like item changes (heres hoping fixers get lots of nice hacking items) and mechanics changes (lets see this evade nerf people mention please) could completely change how things are, for example if there is no changes to evades fixers potentially will still be very strong as many people are getting lower AR (specially as MR is not so powerful) but if they are nerfed then we'll dip drastically below many.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 13th, 2010 at 22:04:43.

MP is the nerfest prof. :'(

Anyways... Engie still seems like the ultimate solja nemesis, not sure if that's good or bad. Probably bad, given the fact that swapping is going to get nerfed.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I'm siding with Xeno on it's a bit too early to tell. As soldier's main defense got changed in the docs, we're gonna have to rely on other documents, such as items and game mechanics to fully develop a picture of how it's gonna turn out. Depending on what they do, those changes might swing in the soldier's favor concerning hitting, and defense (adjusting caps to make higher HP more viable, perhaps changing the order of defenses that happened in 17.1, making AAD not as powerful to name a few, if stims and kits go %age of hp rather than a set number, how our armor and weapons will turn out to be concerning items).
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

One thing in my post I forgot is the fixer nemesis nano, which is another potential tool.

Potentially with it tweaked how it is it could become a very very potent tool, but at the same time it could become worthless.

It depends on how it will interact with all these new 0 ncu buffs funcom is giving everyone, if it will remove them then its great, its possible that we could cripple certain opponents for the fight.

If it doesn't remove them (considering more and more buffs that it would actually be good to work on) seem to be given this 0 ncu cost or higher ncu cost it could stay fairly worthless.

But again, this will still depend on the rest of the changes they are making, even if it completely removed everyone's ncu, won't make a blind bit of difference if fixers loose the ability to evade and resist hits reliably.