Thread: Nanocost

Nanocost

I would like nanocost to be an added factor in damage reduction against nanodrain targets.

IE

-1% = 1% less nano drained per attack

So you mean, you want your nanocost to come to effect when people try to drain your nano pool?

Makes sense to me.

also makes sense to me.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    I'm against it.
    Explaining your position helps contribute to more effective discussions.

Well if we're gonna ask for debate then:

Other than the blatantly obvious that I use a profession that drains nano and that the amount of -nanocost, namely on doctors, can get quite high: you'd see that I'd be unfavorable towards it. Your debate was, "might be cool," so mine was, "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah man."

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    I would like nanocost to be an added factor in damage reduction against nanodrain targets.

IE

-1% = 1% less nano drained per attack
    So any Doctor with, say, -75% nanocost (with buffs from MPs or NTs) makes GTH drain a whopping 26.25% nanopool (giving them back 70% nanopool in the process) and makes Plagiarize Notum drain a whole 378 points? Heck no.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    So any Doctor with, say, -75% nanocost (with buffs from MPs or NTs) makes GTH drain a whopping 26.25% nanopool (giving them back 70% nanopool in the process) and makes Plagiarize Notum drain a whole 378 points? Heck no.
    Let's assume the OP propose more nanodrain from those nano at the same time ; so that it isn't a flat loss for nanodraining profession. A NT or doc or agent or anyone that would work on his na cost would potentially lost bit less nano then today ; while someone with next to zero na cost would lost even more nano then today.

Could make sense in a balanced future.

This idea makes as much sense as debuffs not landing on you if you don't have enough free NCU.

It sort of makes sense that it would effect it someway.

But -nanocost works by making the nanobots more efficient at their job, on your casts this is making it need less bots for the same effect, however a nanodrain the entire purpose is for the bots to deactivate/transfer over. So making them more efficient should mean you loose more nano at that point.

Also considering how hard it is to hurt peoples nano pool with most nano drains, that would be a good way to give them a bit of a penalty.

If they have a high -nanocost they need less nano to cast but they loose more nano from offensive nano's like that. If they don't have -nanocost their nano's take more but drains do less.

But I can't see it happening... just like I can't see offensive nano's taking up any free ncu you have even if they don't need it to land.

I believe Cost reduction are breed capped (no matter the extra buff etc).
    Nanomage 55% max
    Sol and Opi 50% max
    Trox 45% max

Debuff's are 0 NCU as far as I know (even if they say something else). But would be fun to have a Debuff that Floods the remaining NCU left in the target and fills the NCU even further when a friendly buff ends within the duration of the Debuf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Nanomage 55% max
    Sol and Opi 50% max
    Trox 45% max

Debuff's are 0 NCU as far as I know (even if they say something else). But would be fun to have a Debuff that Floods the remaining NCU left in the target and fills the NCU even further when a friendly buff ends within the duration of the Debuf.
    Swimming Expertise
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Nanomage 55% max
    Sol and Opi 50% max
    Trox 45% max
    they are.
    to endgame nanomage docs cost reduction buffs are NCU debuffs.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Judging by how FC does things in the rebalancing docs (i.e heavier debuffs the more skill you have) having it work the other way around seems the more likely scenario...