Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sitting in duels

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    It will be. You, as a soldier, will be able to use root graft on people that use this tactic.
    You can just hit Q to start attacking again and stand up though.
    [Deadpixels][220/23] Adventurer

Sitting while not in combat to increase HD makes sense.. You are resting, you heal faster. Hard to rest when someone is repeatedly shooting you in the head.

Sitting in duels - while something I, and certainly any half-good PvPer (not claiming I am one) have used to their advantage - is hardly skillful. Same goes for sitting in a BS skirmish too.

So, yeah. Sitting = evades to 0, AAD to 0, inflict -200 crit decrease as well.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    As that is going to be solved with 80% capped reflects and 40 secs AMS
    No it wont :P Still impossible to kill soldier during AMS. So, 40 seconds sitting it is.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Sitting in duels - while something I, and certainly any half-good PvPer (not claiming I am one) have used to their advantage - is hardly skillful. Same goes for sitting in a BS skirmish too.

So, yeah. Sitting = evades to 0, AAD to 0, inflict -200 crit decrease as well.
    Sitting has the greatest penalty of all - 0 damage.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Well sitting to increase HD still is needed in some hardcore duels, and it is a legal tactic so far. IF it gets changed, there has to be something that makes up for it in my eyes, because otherwise it is just another nerf for profs that do rely on it.

I KNOW that the occasions where you need to sit are rare, but there are some, and taking that away is just another unneeded nerf!! I DO understand it doesnt look right, but it still gives you an option, a choice, an alternative...

As i see it, the ballancing is all about minimizing our options, making pvp not only boring, but also uncreative and childish. If everything is getting easier and repetitive due to limited tactics and options, we will soon have scifi wow here, instead of our good old complex AO!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

How many times has it been said in every way shape and form that this game isn't balanced and never will be balanced around duels. Soldiers never cease to find something to cry about I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Soldiers never cease to find something to cry about I guess...
    Given the HD that will be given to us, all we gotta do as soldiers is sit down, while you will wonder why in hell you just wasted that alpha.

I suspect you will be the one that will QQ about this.. not us .

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    No it wont :P Still impossible to kill soldier during AMS. So, 40 seconds sitting it is.

In certain circumstances where you would be doing essentially 0 damage even if you were standing, then there really is no penalty is there?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Sitting down is so epically stupid it really doesnt warrant any real discussion.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    In certain circumstances where you would be doing essentially 0 damage even if you were standing, then there really is no penalty is there?
    These situation should just not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Sitting down is so epically stupid it really doesnt warrant any real discussion.
    /afk
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

I think they should fix RK first aid stims to be more like the SL ones. Better healing power that you actually need to make a logical choice before going into first aid lock recharge.

Sitting is dumb, imo. The heal delta should remain, but there should be drawbacks for gaining the increased HD tick. Setting AAD and Evades to 0 seems about right.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    If your opponent sits, just sit too and use treatment kits, Do not be upset, just be quick and use the break from beeing attacked to your advantage!
    These statements are not entirely correct. There are 3 professions against which the first is not correct and the second not possible. Figuring these out is left as an exercise.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I think AO is the only game where sitting down is sometimes a better option than actually kiting or trying to LoS the opponent.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    I think AO is the only game where sitting down is sometimes a better option than actually kiting or trying to LoS the opponent.
    AO must be the only game I saw so far when sitting you have all your defenses working for you.

I'd say don't give the HD bonus when under attack but that mechanic is broken to hell. Sitting should at least kill evades and reflect.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Bump.

PvP in this game has the most retarded mechanics.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage;5899524
    Sitting has the greatest penalty of all - [B
    0[/B] damage.
    You can still queue offensive perks that don't require a fighting target.
    As well as items like the IS nuke ring and etc.
    So hypothetically you could kill someone while sitting.

Easiest fix is to disable sitting while in combat, and then drop sitting requirement from battle prepared kits.

Battle prepared kits/first aid stims are then your "extra healing" while in fight, as intended.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    You can still queue offensive perks that don't require a fighting target.
    As well as items like the IS nuke ring and etc.
    So hypothetically you could kill someone while sitting.

Easiest fix is to disable sitting while in combat, and then drop sitting requirement from battle prepared kits.

Battle prepared kits/first aid stims are then your "extra healing" while in fight, as intended.
    I like this concept. Easy to implement.

I'm all for nerfing evades and a big +crit chance increase for attackers. Don't remove HD...it's still very functional if you can sit out of LoS and that is totally plausible. However if you sit infront of someone yeah...they should be able to 100% crit you if you sit more than a few seconds. I say a few seconds because you shouldn't be penalized for using battle prepared kits.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

I might be wrong but I though that sitting already increased the crit and hit chance (and agro)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast