Keep DB1-2/12man buffs.

/thread
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Get rid of Towers/Notum Wars.

Keep DB1-2/12man buffs.

/thread
    Because you don't have them they are supposed to be removed?

I don't have db buffs 99.9% of the time. Please remove them!

I'm sure FunCom will take kindly to one of their last remaining threads that's holding their story together.

Lose the notum plot, you remove the entire plot of the game.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I'm sure FunCom will take kindly to one of their last remaining threads that's holding their story together.

That and the last few world dynamics left in the game too.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

i have a better idea :

remove all pvm instances (make ppl level from lvl packs that drop like rain in boarealis) and just leave towers and notum wars.

God I hate those DB-buffs, hope they take out the pvp-enhancing tempbuffs from pvm-raids.

if you take out the towers pvp will be balanced.

those that want the edge can do pvm instances to get it.

right now, TL 7 towers is just pvm. CT has more hp than the beast and spawns 300% more adds than the beast that insta kill you with 500 aimedshots.

towers is not pvp, imo.
    R.I.P. AO

towers is not pvp, imo.
    So what is? BS? (lol)
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

we are talking about PvP, not roleplaying. this game has turned into a pvp game pretty much.

they are selling levels and using about 99% (i hope its this much) of their manpower towards fixing the game around pvp.

they dont want you to role play anymore, they want you to spend the money and level to 220 or whatever gimp twink level you want to be at so that you can PvP.

the way to balance pvp is to make it so that each side is on the same level. gaining 160 AR 75 evades and what... 80 aad, just for being on the right side with no effort makes no god damn sense. i dont care what you tell me.
    R.I.P. AO

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy View Post
    So what is? BS? (lol)
    So you preferthe 50 omni vs 200 clans type of pvp, where you don't even pvp you just die instantly to 10 aimedshots huh.

Or the griefing pvp where you attack towers then when 100 clan show up your fixer/agent meeps you right? and no one dies during that whole process.

(lol)
    R.I.P. AO

Keep DB1-2/12man buffs.

/thread
    So you troll half of my threads, then post something as idiotic as this.

I despise towers and think participating is the biggest waste of my time that I could possibly find in this game, but removing them would be such an astronomically bad decision.

You have earned my disgust, you vile ignorant being.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Zerg at towers is not pvp, imo.
    Fixed.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

So you preferthe 50 omni vs 200 clans type of pvp, where you don't even pvp you just die instantly to 10 aimedshots huh.

Or the griefing pvp where you attack towers then when 100 clan show up your fixer/agent meeps you right? and no one dies during that whole process.

(lol)
    I asked you a question and you didn't answer it, so I can only assume that you actually think that BS pvp is the "legit" one because the numbers are fair?
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

Maybe if certain omni PvP orgs would join forces and not be to PRO to let any outsiders in when they pillage, numbers would even out a bit.

On a smaller scale, BS can be pretty similar.

"I'll grab C!"
    *runs to C
    *starts capping C
    *shades pop out of sneak
    SA SA SA BAKKSTABB

One example, but you get the point.
    Last edited by Metafizis; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 19:06:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Removing tower wars? Snap! That'll totally show the 12 people who take tower PvP seriously.

.. tHIS... IS... ATLANTEAN!!!!!!!!!!!

ya this crap really doesnt apply to rimor....

tower pvp is decently balanced across the sides.

I have to admit though, this QQing made me laugh. TO remove notum wars... really? I think Notum wars should be expanded. I also think there should be towers you can plant that, no matter what lvl you are, you can access to defend your site. I think ppl would engage more in tower wars if the damn lvl locks didnt require so many org members to have twinked out ttl5s or 4s or s or 2s.

I'm not saying make these towers more powerful than players like apt's are, but make them a threat without being over powering. That would be a welcome addition to tower wars.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Keep DB1-2/12man buffs.
    No.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Maybe if certain omni PvP orgs would join forces and not be to PRO to let any outsiders in when they pillage, numbers would even out a bit.

On a smaller scale, BS can be pretty similar.

"I'll grab C!"
    *runs to C
    *starts capping C
    *shade pop out of sneak
    SA SA SA BAKKSTABB

One example, but you get the point.
    so one shade hit SA 3 times and bypassed the lockout? damn teach me that spoilt
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy View Post
    I asked you a question and you didn't answer it, so I can only assume that you actually think that BS pvp is the "legit" one because the numbers are fair?
    Who ever said anything about BS being legit? Learn to read, oh and does your org even have any towers?

I would rather it be a 25% zone outside of cities everywhere, I don't even like BS but thats the only place you can pretty much find players to pvp with about 70-80% of the time. Can you say that about TL 7 towers? (on rk 1)

I go to bore/oa no one flags... when they do they die quick then dont ever come back. If omni's go to bore flagged they got to worry about other scrub omni orgs attacking them too. If you come close to killing someone, they zone or get pocketed. I like city pvp but there isn't much of it going on at the times I play.

So yes in the current state of AO, BS is probably the best place to find semi-reliable PvP action. But why was BS introduced in the first place? It's a band-aid fix for the horrible world pvp system we have known as NW imo.

They are re-balancing the professions for PvP and its taking them forever to do so.... when will we see a re-balance for world pvp? Possibly 6 years from now?
    R.I.P. AO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast