Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Shade Nano Changes!

As much as it appears everybody loves and plays AO purely to go into BS and grow epeens, the majority of people I know in game only went for those great pieces of pvm armour.
    Playing ao for enjoyment to me, and many others means teaming up with org and friends and going on a challenging pvm raid. As with many of these rebalance efforts, in order to satisfy what takes up very little of active game-time, even less now the armours have been made yes-drop, pvm mechanics are being serverly steam-rolled.

PVM this really is a huge kick in the teeth for shades of all levels.
    The first problem which may be planned to be circumvented else where would be the new ncu cost.
    Between the run speed buff which after losing the rs in our evade buff actually only adds 100pts, for an additional 30 ncu, to having evade and agi buffs split forcing an additional 60 ncu, the healing element of shd in proc form at 55 ncu, the concealment buff doubling to 80 ncu, at a rough look that's an additional 225 ncu, now I'm endgame with prety much the best available ncu, and there are still times that without a fixer I can struggle in raids when osbs are coming in, let alone how this would have been for the previous 219 levels when ncu is tight.

Next problem i see for solo leveling shades, would be stun procs. Stun procs from when they first become available up until 216ish are one of the most useful tools in our kit. they keep the our targets just at the edge where we can heal using TR and deal with prolonged fights. After 216 as more and more encounters are stun resistant and we gain shd to keep us topped up it is used less, over the init proc.
    Now i see the logic in pvp, stun procs make over players cry nerf. Well before getting out the gigantic nerf stick could you perhaps consider the option of a .target = monster flag.

Finally there's shd. In the original plans it was mentioned this would possibly be looked at to be extended to all level ranges. Rejoice I was thinking the tool which completes our playability and sits as our reactive heal, to be extended to those difficult as hell mid levels. SHD is not a game breaker we are the vampires of ao to leech the life out of our opponents is obvious. To replace what is atm a min 900pt heal with a 200 pt proc which costs an additional 54 ncu is game breaking for us pvm shades. Again were you listening to the cry's of the pvpers? ofc they shout the loudest that comes with the territory.

I fundamentally still do not understand why the need to rewrite every aspect of every class ig, to rebalance what are designed as a mixture of assault, support ,and trade skill classes, to be able to fair equally in fighting. Why on earth would it be right to balance support classes to fair one on one with tanks and dd's? that's why they are support classes, there is already balance available to them, role a pvp set toon. The only reason the entire situation has arisen is that all classes have been thrown together in BS to grind, and ofc if support classes don't team they get pawned.
    It comes down to why break the game for BS, many many of us may go there, but we still think think it sucks donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by acheronflows View Post
    Between the run speed buff which after losing the rs in our evade buff actually only adds 100pts, for an additional 30 ncu, to having evade and agi buffs split forcing an additional 60 ncu, the healing element of shd in proc form at 55 ncu, the concealment buff doubling to 80 ncu, at a rough look that's an additional 225 ncu, now I'm endgame with prety much the best available ncu, and there are still times that without a fixer I can struggle in raids when osbs are coming in, let alone how this would have been for the previous 219 levels when ncu is tight.
    remember to add in runspeed we get from tokenboard, and who in their sane minds would cast agility, multimelee, etc buffs for random grinding?
    you dont need every single buff on yourself to be effective.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Its the exact case think about your pets for a min and how kiters handle em , same will go for us how many regular hits do you think we ACTUALY land when you add kiting/evades to the mix ? Especialy now with RS caps .
    What do you want? 200% hit chance on pressing Q?

QQ
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    remember to add in runspeed we get from tokenboard, and who in their sane minds would cast agility, multimelee, etc buffs for random grinding?
    you dont need every single buff on yourself to be effective.
    Sure you dont but i cant understand why i will be unable to use even my self buffs. I hope this issue will be solved.

Back on topic, martial arts buffs are useless with he worst MA template, no self crit buffs, no brawl in spirits and no good MA weapons at all before lvl 210.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Sure you dont but i cant understand why i will be unable to use even my self buffs. I hope this issue will be solved.

Back on topic, martial arts buffs are useless with he worst MA template, no self crit buffs, no brawl in spirits and no good MA weapons at all before lvl 210.
    I believe (hope) that you'll have the same chance at ncu as other profs, there is no good reasons so much items were non shade to start with.

Adding MA combined on most shade weaps (who should have them in the first place!) will increase damage further. A better template wouldn't hurt either.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Adding MA combined on most shade weaps (who should have them in the first place!) will increase damage further. A better template wouldn't hurt either.
    40 high AR piercing hits vs 30 high AR + 15 low AR MA attacks.
    my calcs tells that if medi and xan deceit both would have combined MA and MA AR is 2900 kicking would increase dd about 4k/min if you have 60% crit chance and enemy has 15k armor.
    main and ofhand dd would both come down from 75k/min to 56k/min and we would gain 40k from MA.
    we are so ODing engis now!

edit: add brawl, +11k/min
    make MA table same what MAs have, +18k/min
    we are still behind 90k more or less
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Nov 27th, 2010 at 17:48:06.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I don't see how we catch up dd wise unless our perks are givin a good dd boost.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Hematuria View Post
    I don't see how we catch up dd wise unless our perks are givin a good dd boost.
    What's wrong with shade perk damage? Beside the fact, they do crapload of damage.

I approve of the new casting reqs. Now my 150 shade won't be paralyzed without CM!
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    What do you want? 200% hit chance on pressing Q?

QQ
    Read what i typed i dont want to go back to pre LE , unlike you i did pvp then and now even tho i was nerfed to hell and back i didnt whine all day on forums about how crappy i am . Funcom stated something about the Shd line and it came out something totaly different .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Read what i typed i dont want to go back to pre LE
    These changes definitely ain't gonna put you back to pre-LE state. Get real.

unlike you i did pvp then and now even tho i was nerfed to hell and back i didnt whine all day on forums about how crappy i am.
    Shades got nerfed? Seriously? PvP-ed unlike me? Probably (who are you anyways?). And about them whines... Seriously? Wow.

Funcom stated something about the Shd line and it came out something totaly different .
    Funcom stated that work ain't done yet also, so...

And you talk to me about whining...

Go back to your cave troll :P
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

These changes definitely ain't gonna put you back to pre-LE state. Get real.

Shades got nerfed? Seriously? PvP-ed unlike me? Probably (who are you anyways?). And about them whines... Seriously? Wow.

Funcom stated that work ain't done yet also, so...

How would you know what these changes will and will not do ? I mean your statment is based off what ?
    I based my statment on play time on the actual proffesion .
    Last edited by iolanda; Nov 27th, 2010 at 20:52:33.
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Shades got nerfed? Seriously?
    i think shades got buffed in almost every aspect. but only marginally and clearly not as much as i was hoping for.
    i havent taken parry/riposte changes into account though. better wait and see how they turn out.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Sneak Speed...

I based my statment on play time on the actual proffesion .
    Yes, obviously. FC, can the rest of us play that after-balance AO beta as well? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Go back to your cave troll :P
    Move out, duh.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Nov 27th, 2010 at 22:21:48.

Wow no more stuns, lame. We're turning into nano casters for defense, I'm so excited.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

NCU costs need to drop, a lot. Either that or we get NCU in spirits like everyone else's symbs. Does balance person even realise there's no NCU in spirits?

A bit meh on the actual changes; I got quite excited, and then that moved to unimpressed, and it all balanced out at "bleh" in the end. Shades had better get some way of staying in range though if we can't stun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Provision View Post
    Wow no more stuns, lame. We're turning into nano casters for defense, I'm so excited.
    Until SHD, lots of shades went NR8 with good results, didn't they? Why can't they let shades get back to being the one prof in this game that isn't a casting class? As it is every toon is just some variant of Wizard with Club; Wizard with Poky Stick; Wizard with Pet; Wizard with Gun; Wizard with Another Wizard Riding Piggyback on His Shoulders . . . . It would be nice to have one class class that is truly about physical ability, stealth, and combat prowess; and not nano strapped for everything it does.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Until SHD, lots of shades went NR8 with good results, didn't they?
    err no. That area ended long before SHD and at the current state of shades it would prevent them from perking anyone worth perking. A unbuffed shade is useless.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast