Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: armor for lvl 61-

Question armor for lvl 61-

my first toon (many mistakes along the way.)

im at lvl61- still have medsuit.

What armor should i look at to get me through for awhile? any with treatment out there?
    Omegathree 220/70/30 doctor
    http://smu.gs/10VjCqh

froob ? not froob ?

if froob, you best bet is miy nano armor, or a mix of miy nano and other sort of miy depending on weapon type/usage.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

medsuit til about 150 when things start to actually hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    medsuit til about 150 when things start to actually hit you.
    You forgot carb helm.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

sorry- paid-(paid 1 yr with the free mech package they had a few months ago all addons)

thanks for the replies-

so what are the options if not froob?

Carb is both ways. It's cheap and gives you good adds like nano and ncu. I use it on all my paid toons untill 50 where i twink on predator set ( TL 3 locked and 300 sense) The set goes for about 20m.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

hi & thanks-

how do you twink sense up that high-just implants (im about 190 in ip on it)

will it OE if take implants off and buffs run out?

It will be oe on some professions. Agent will be 100% ofc. I havent tried on the doc to see if it will be oe. But I uses a advance sent sensor+ personal robot brain and ql 100 sense imps to get it on. You might need the 5 sense SMG (think its called YES).

Im gunna say it will be 75% till about 60 where you get around 256 sense
    Last edited by Lackofgravy; Dec 9th, 2010 at 16:11:10. Reason: info
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

advanced scent sensor - 22 sense
    sense rifle - 10 sense EDIT: it's called a gunbag. i believe the magic QL you'll be looking for is 30)
    enhanced senses - agent buff, 15 sense
    composite attribute - 12 sense
    QL 125 implants (fairly east to get on at level 60) - 36+22+15 = 73ish sense (chest shiny, waist bright, head faded)
    Research attunement device - health level 1 - 5 sense

total thus far : 127
    added to your 190 makes 317

armour goes OE when you lose 80% of the stats required to wear it (need to maintain 240 sense)

so after twinking, the sense buff -15, rifle's gone -10, you'll probably want a different chest -36 giving us 256 sense. in a few levels you'll be able to take the scent sensor off as well.

EDIT: i probably ****ed up my maths somewhere. doing this off the top of my head

EDIT2: at 60 you can perk Enhance DNA3 for another 12 sense, and up to 6 ai perks in a genome (nanomage secondary will give you 8 sense, opifex primary gives up to 18. not sure about trox/soli)
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Dec 9th, 2010 at 17:50:15.

You can always use the sense graft to keep it out of oe!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

thanks- twinktime

Roughly what I used around that level.... not showing weapons or implants though and QL is off on some things.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=147993

Hi & thanks-

I have the Predator armor on and not OE-also finished my QL125 implant set (with some Q100 implants with a Jobe cluster) and got them in.

I am doing the Pads of Dedication quests now- I'll obviously need a team at some points to get some of the mobs.

Any other good items to get for my lvl (any specific bracers,rings, etc?)

Thanks.

This must be good stuff! (Panther armor).

With trouble finding teams, I gave up already and went to SL to see what "hecks" were. I saw the orange bar above them and figured no way. Well one had other plans and started after me.

With an OE Neleb rod, Seething with germs, Mistreatment, Dazzle with lights I beat it with only 1/3 my health gone (cycling my heals- Sl first aid, the book from totw, Enhanced heal perk, and Exaggerated health nano.)

So feeling brave, i tried another one- but there was one too close to him, and 2 started after me- I beat them both with half my health still intact.

Same thing happened later where I had to battle 2- as I killed one, a third joined in- still didnt die and ended with 1/3 of my health.

So thanks for the suggestion.

Being new, are there certain items (mission rewards,drops, store item, etc) i should try to obtain (im lvl69 now) that would be helpful for a doc(not just kill for xp) ?

Thanks.

a brain , chest, waist and left arm symbiant will do you a lot of good when you hit 100. the rest of the slots can be filled with implants as they aren't really all that vital. if you're on RK1 i think i have a lv88 locked support brain i can throw at ya. also starting at QL 160+ miys starts to get really good and is dirt cheap. in particular miy's nano chest adds cost-, helmet adds bm, int and psy, sleeves add psy int and mm. if you find yourself soloing a lot the evades of the predset MIGHT be worth more to you than extra nanoskills but if you're a bit short to cast your next heal you cna swap in a couple pieces of miys to cover it. any lower than ql 160 tho and it's really not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalsigns View Post
    Being new, are there certain items (mission rewards,drops, store item, etc) i should try to obtain (im lvl69 now) that would be helpful for a doc(not just kill for xp) ?
    Credz. Lots of em. You're going to need em.

At this point you just want anything that boosts nano skills and HP. Your only real priority should be casting the highest heals you can. Also work on getting UBT running as soon as possible. If you didn't get the chalice from TOTW, it's too late for that now.

There is a chest item that drops somewhere in Elysium "Elysian Protector's Cuirass" which will be nice to have for the nano cost and skill mods. You can probably buy one cheap tho if you can't get it to drop. Try to scrounge some decent symbs for ur level when u can, especially head, eye, and ear. Those will start to eat up lots of creds before long. When you get to somewhere around 100-150, do the Ado quest for the nodrop brain symb.

After that, when you get to 150, start looking at what you will need to hit 780 psychic as soon as you can, so you can get the two-second nano tick. For that you will want to start picking up things like high QL Miy's nano sleeves, VTEs, and anything else that will boost psychic. VTEs you can buy or farm the parts for; Miy's drops like candy from borgs and medusas on RK.

For armor in general, you can get by just fine with predator until you start getting hold of Miy's at higher QLs. Once you outgrow the gimpstick, just switch to whatever pistols you can equip without too much fuss. You're at the level now where you can head to Foreman's also and pick up a Customized Desert Reet 1000, which will be a nice offhand pistol for a good while. A kyr type 4 with the CDR will be about as good as you're gonna get until u can afford the dread pistols and twink them on.

Just remember: (1) Heals; (2) Debuffs; (3) HP. If you can keep those up to respectable levels, you will do fine.

oh yeah. eye/ear symb is good too

One thing to keep in mind about gear going OE: when you look at armor or weapons, the only things affected by OE rules are whatever you CAN'T put IP into. So, if armor adds evades, nano skills, or buffs your base abilities, those mods will stay at 100% no matter what. With weapons, the dmg will drop, but mods like nano skills also stay at 100% on those. With armor in particular, the stuff that goes OE (mainly the ACs) doesn't matter that much most of the time, so it's usually worth wearing whatever is the highest u can barely twink into. When you get to the point where you can self it without twinking, then it's time to upgrade.

Nasc hecks are easy to solo with doctor.

Elysian Protector's Cuirass and Cure for Baldness are two very nice items that you could have been wearing already. Miy's (Nano) Armor works well when you want to switch from Predator. VTEs for shoulders. Viral compiler is good too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast