Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 150 PVP twink

150 PVP twink

Not asking any one for gear/setup or anything just asking what would a good doc pvp weapon be for lvl 150? I was looking at Ithaca,Ofab Bow,MBC. Any one have a suggestion to what other weapon could be viable? I kinda want something that will be 1/2 way decent after AS is nerfed into the ground.

Zastaba is probably your best bet at that level. You'll get 11s AS and it wont cost alot of IP.

When/if AS gets nerfed, you can always do IPR and retwink then. Not very hard to put on max symbs+imps at that level anyway
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Arbalest. Sapphistic bow. Zastaba.

Ithaca won't work with the crit reduce ingame now. Ofab bow sucks at that level. MBC can work on low evade toons but have no illusions about fighting pvp twinks or evade profs with it.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Thanks for answering I will look into the zastaba and the Arbalest.

I disagree , cant see why mbc wouldnt be a good choice , beside it dont have AS .. since its checks duck and many twinks does not up their duck very much at that lvl , maybe they should maybe they shouldnt , but thats not the point .. I find mbc a very decent weap at 150 for a doc both pvm and pvp .. and you can actual perk alot when using mbc since many dont have their duck upped
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

grail of the virgin

Quote Originally Posted by thatsthat2 View Post
    I disagree , cant see why mbc wouldnt be a good choice , beside it dont have AS .. since its checks duck and many twinks does not up their duck very much at that lvl , maybe they should maybe they shouldnt , but thats not the point .. I find mbc a very decent weap at 150 for a doc both pvm and pvp .. and you can actual perk alot when using mbc since many dont have their duck upped
    Because those evades that you can't perk wont simply die to your dots and FDB

Well, it's what I said. It can work on non evade toons somewhat but you won't be able to fight evaders or pvp twinks with it. No one is arguing it's pvm performance. MBC and Left hand are top choices for that. It's not a pvp weapon though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

well thats not what you said , or what i said :P i said it was decent to good in pvp you will actual be able to perk more with mbc i am sure , since those evaders and pvp twinks you talk about , many of them dont even bother to up duck , which mbc checks against so thats what makes it decent ..
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

MBC does close to 0 dmg in pvp vs any decent opponent, at last on my engi. Considering how much hp / nr one needs to give up to use it at 100% self it surely isnt a good idea to use it on a doc in pvp. It may work on greenies tho so if you are after solo kills than go for it.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

well thats not what you said , or what i said :P i said it was decent to good in pvp you will actual be able to perk more with mbc i am sure , since those evaders and pvp twinks you talk about , many of them dont even bother to up duck , which mbc checks against so thats what makes it decent ..
    You're arguing semantics.

i said it was decent to good in pvp
    vs
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    It can work on non evade toons somewhat
    You know if it works for you that is great. I don't necessarily share that's it's good but it can work.

I find mbc a very decent weap at 150 for a doc both pvm and pvp .. and you can actual perk alot when using mbc since many dont have their duck upped
    You are mistaken about the perks though. Using MBC does not make it easier to perk, quite the opposite actually as you most likely have lower AR then with other weapons. The aforementioned grail for example. The def check against duck only works on regulars from the weapon. Perks that check agains dodge ranged / evade closed or nano resist will still check against that regardless of the weapons def check. Most perks you'll get to use at that level are AI perks though and AI perks all fire of your AR so having a weapon which you can get good AR in would be more beneficial towards landing perks.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Idk why but i really like the ofab tiger, been looking it over and i could prolly get a 175 on and be in a huge mix of Hp/evade/cost limbo but everyone seems to dislike the bow. I think it is a pretty decent choice only problem is conflict in the right arm with Fling and Bow. Havent checked if support symbs add bow but will do it.

The problem with tiger at that level, is that your AS is over 30 secs, and regulars are crap since you don't really have any attack rating. Plus regulars will be slow because of you wearing a scope and not putting IP into ranged init, since it's such a huge IP sink. Martial arts setup in dchest/cm, or pistol setup with "full" CSS might be viable options if you don't want AS.
    Last edited by Hatech; Dec 9th, 2010 at 13:18:26.

Um, been thinking this over would a Omni doc be able to go clan and put on arbalest then swap back omni and not be penalized for wearing the arbalest? i got into a weird discussion with a certain 150 soldier who said that omni's wearing arbalest get stripped and i was a bit concerned. So if anyone could give me the anwser i would be very happy.

I don't see a payshift requirement on the arbalest. The playshift requirement is what de-equip gear on zoning if you don't meet the requirements. The Clan merit boards that get de-equiped are one such example.

Without a playshift requirement the arbalest should stay on even on zoning unless you de-equip it unless there is another mechanic that isn't visible in the database. I am Clan I haven't tested it.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

You are correct Xenon, a few omni TL 5 Doc twinks use the Arbalest with no problems. There are no playshift reqs on the Arbalest also there aren't any playshift reqs on Reactive/Proactive armor either.

I plan on using the Reactive vest + Hand Crafted Arbalest on my new Doc twink soon. Just hope that the AS nerf doesn't come too soon
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

i cant recall if its actually any good or not, but couldnt you make a 150 doc twink with omni med armor and an arbalest?

i mean, assuming you dont have css :P

omni-med armor is locked to TL 6, enhanced kegern/jatho is also.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Stuff like omni med and Azure would be loverly at 150. How unfortunate of the level locks
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I have mixed results with high HP and a nanodelta setup, using a gelid blade and sword of curiosity. No one expects a 1he doc to have sneak attack!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast