Thread: Remove Attack/Def Check?

Remove Attack/Def Check?

Next to basically all the buffs in the nano documentation it says "Remove Attack/Def Check."

Sorry if this has already been explained, but could someone please tell me what it means?

Does it just mean that before for some reason when you buffed yourself or friendlies with nanos it checked NR vs. nano skill or something like that, even though it had no chance to fail?

Thanks.

The system AO uses for handling many things, including nano programs, is very primitive. There are certain fields that every nano has to have, regardless of function - one of these is attack and def check. They're there on buffs just because they have to be. Another example is the fact that implants exist in the database in every single conceivable form because there is no dynamic item modification system. These are the ugly seems in the game's coding that might be changed one day, but until then, both players and current devs will have to deal with them =P
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

When they say they are removing attack/def check, I believe they mean they are removing the effectiveness of NR when you are full def. They mentioned they were removing that a little while ago when they first started the rebalanced, so that's probably what it means. At least it makes sense lol.

So basically once all that is implemented NR will have no difference for how often you counter a nano whether you are full defensive or full offensive. As it stands now if you go full defensive you have quite a significant increase in counter ratings. I suppose this is to make it more fair between full def professions and full agg professions, so no matter what their agg/def setting is at, they will gain no additional benefits as far as countering a nano, they are definitely keeping the evade check with that though. Otherwise there would be no point in that bar xD

Great news!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Great news!
    For docs! Any other prof that isn't full def nowadays besides them?
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

So basically once all that is implemented NR will have no difference for how often you counter a nano whether you are full defensive or full offensive.
    Huh? Could you point me to where you saw this?

I know that FC are planning to stop AAD having an effect on Perk Special Attacks which use NR as a def check. Right now, AAD is added to the defensive check on Perk Specials using Nanoskills Vs NR... but it is not added to hostile nano checks. Since the Nanoskills and Nanoresist budgets in the game are balanced for hostile nanos... the Nanoskill Vs NR Perks Specials hardly ever land - because adding the extra AAD to the defence check isn't balanced on the other side.

So AAD will no longer be added to Nanoskill Vs NR perk specials... but I don't remember seeing anything from FC to say that agg/def settings will no longer affect nanos landing.

X

Quote Originally Posted by mdk00420 View Post
    When they say they are removing attack/def check, I believe they mean they are removing the effectiveness of NR when you are full def. They mentioned they were removing that a little while ago when they first started the rebalanced, so that's probably what it means. At least it makes sense lol.

So basically once all that is implemented NR will have no difference for how often you counter a nano whether you are full defensive or full offensive. As it stands now if you go full defensive you have quite a significant increase in counter ratings. I suppose this is to make it more fair between full def professions and full agg professions, so no matter what their agg/def setting is at, they will gain no additional benefits as far as countering a nano, they are definitely keeping the evade check with that though. Otherwise there would be no point in that bar xD
    No where has this been stated.

The "remove attack/defence check" in the documents is just removing the attack and defense checks used on non hostile buffs.

So for example essence of behemoth will no longer do an attack check of 50% bio mat 50% mat crea vs 0% nano resist on cast.

It will just land.

It has nothing to do with how effective NR will be at different agg/def settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    The "remove attack/defence check" in the documents is just removing the attack and defense checks used on non hostile buffs.
    Bolded important part.

Also, I'd like to see where anyone has said the agg/def bar makes a difference to nano's landing, because I don't believe it does.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

This change nothing for us, except maybe less lag because the server will stop making calculations on 0% NR def checks.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    This change nothing for us, except maybe less lag because the server will stop making calculations on 0% NR def checks.
    What he said.

Also, I'd like to see where anyone has said the agg/def bar makes a difference to nano's landing, because I don't believe it does.

Graph of Nano Landing Rates as calculated from testing done by Ebag333. Red Line is caster at Full Agg, green is mid and blue is Full Def if I remember right. You'll notice a considerable difference based on agg/def setting.

Original thread and discussion around Ebag's results

X

Agg/def makes a big difference in how often you counter, but what Xenotric said actually makes more sense. I thought it was agg/def though because they mentioned they were removing that effect. Confusing though, I guess it just won't show up on any non-hostile nanos after rebalance... so not really a significant change, mainly just visual xD