Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Remove CH form Agent Shadow/Mimic Line

One could argue very convincingly that the ability to FP is the most fundamental core ability of an Agent.
    Yes..but healing others is not. That is a doctor's job. See the diference?

Agent would still have a entirely diferent job to do than a doctor in a situation where the agent is appearing to be a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I would actually argue to give agents access to some SL doc heals, or better yet, a true and viable native heal allowing agents to heal themselves while being in other FP than doc.
    Sure...but it's equally important that our ability to tradeskill are on the same level as our ability to heal.

FP is going undercover and just provides us with access to other profession-tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Lletah, you especially should have a look at them. Like I've been saying, I think you might find that the nonsense you've been spouting about me is actually nowhere near the truth.
    Nono, I actually think you confuse 2 diferent things here.

You DO advocate for CH while there is options in our own toolset. My point was that it's something wrong with our own functionality when it breaks the game for so many and I wished to see those things also being a priority like our ability to cast CH is a priority to advocate for...which is just 1 FP'able nano amongst 100's.

Just said you appeared to be selective, sorry if I was wrong but I think I am correct tho. Not that there is anything wrong with or that you are the only one

The thing is that CH makes us second-best healer (+ ubt) and is likely a factor that contributes to our lack of damage endgame. Therefor I find your reaction exaggerated and very OOC.

As someone else said: 'advocating the nerfing of team based mechanics to boost a selfish mechanic is counter-productive'. In this case you identify CH a self-defence and a charracter-boost to solo-ability and use it as a argument against his proposal.

But shouldn't we rely on our own abilities to a greater extent?
    Stealth, CC, counter CC, detaunts (for teamplay), escapes, opening attack, etc...

For example; How our opening attack scales in effect on monster HP (proportionally) at higher levels is for me a bigger issue and a part of the CH-problem. At lower levels; using sureshot and snare with aimed shot takes out single-monsters quite well but the ability is just not there at 220.

It's not so dangerous if 1 of the many FP'able nanos that cause inbalance gets removed and it's many good reasons to remove CH since it's so diferent from the other FP'ables, like pistol mastery for example which is equally important to sustain as CH as far as FP-ability is concerned.

For me when it comes to pvp it'd be worse if UBT was removed just so you know in the future when you talk on our behalf

Think his proposal is valid it terms of balance, but as I said earlier; Remember it's FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    You DO advocate for CH while there is options in our own toolset. My point was that it's something wrong with our own functionality when it breaks the game for so many and I wished to see those things also being a priority like our ability to cast CH is a priority to advocate for...which is just 1 FP'able nano amongst 100's.

Just said you appeared to be selective, sorry if I was wrong but I think I am correct tho. Not that there is anything wrong with or that you are the only one

The thing is that CH makes us second-best healer (+ ubt) and is likely a factor that contributes to our lack of damage endgame. Therefor I find your reaction exaggerated and very OOC.

As someone else said: 'advocating the nerfing of team based mechanics to boost a selfish mechanic is counter-productive'. In this case you identify CH a self-defence and a charracter-boost to solo-ability and use it as a argument against his proposal.

But shouldn't we rely on our own abilities to a greater extent?
    Stealth, CC, counter CC, detaunts (for teamplay), escapes, opening attack, etc...

For example; How our opening attack scales in effect on monster HP (proportionally) at higher levels is for me a bigger issue and a part of the CH-problem. At lower levels; using sureshot and snare with aimed shot takes out single-monsters quite well but the ability is just not there at 220.

It's not so dangerous if 1 of the many FP'able nanos that cause inbalance gets removed and it's many good reasons to remove CH since it's so diferent from the other FP'ables, like pistol mastery for example which is equally important to sustain as CH as far as FP-ability is concerned.

For me when it comes to pvp it'd be worse if UBT was removed just so you know in the future when you talk on our behalf

Think his proposal is valid it terms of balance, but as I said earlier; Remember it's FUN!
    You didn't read the thread I linked, or you wouldn't have written that.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

If this "shadow line" includes some of the high end doc SL heals then sure, count my vote for removing CH from shadow/mimic lines. Buffing items for heal eff would bring some diversity to agent setups.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

SL-heals would be cool yeah

Altho, I really don't think more itemization designed for casting heals would bring more diversity to agent setups.

You didn't read the thread I linked, or you wouldn't have written that.
    Was reading your nomination-thread too :>

Some posts you made a long time ago don't nulify the posts you make now, but lets let it go.

For the topic at hand; You don't think CH is a part of the reason other options is not viable and at the level they should be? We can heal as adventurer too, helps versatillity but don't impact the core-functionality so much.

In all fairness, it is powerfull and probably too influencial when developement is balanced.

Dots could boost our surrival...had the main hard-to-use one done the same damage our regular shots with rifles do. I think it's a reason doctors don't do so good damage, and in this case I'd say CH have to go if the premise is a trade-off.

Removing CH would require a proper retool of FP's and the agent-only toolset tho.

Or just more sensible and IC-penalties with the profession-buff. So we have the same issues the original profession have.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 17th, 2010 at 18:38:00.

SL-heals would be cool yeah

Was reading your nomination-thread too :>

Some posts you made a long time ago don't nulify the posts you make now, but lets let it go.

For the topic at hand; You don't think CH is a part of the reason other options is not viable and at the level they should be? We can heal as adventurer too, helps versatillity but don't impact the core-functionality so much.

In all fairness, it is powerfull.

Dots could boost our surrival...had the main hard-to-use one done the same damage our regular shots with rifles do. I think it's a reason doctors don't do so good damage, and in this case I'd say CH have to go if the premise is a trade-off.

Removing CH would require a proper retool of FP's and the agent-only toolset tho.

Or just more sensible and IC-penalties with the profession-buff. So we have the same issues the original profession have.
    How come you have so much trouble doing some basic reading?

I'll give it one more try. Click, read, and stop bitching at me. It doesn't get any clearer.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

How come you have so much trouble doing some basic reading?

I'll give it one more try. Click, read, and stop bitching at me. It doesn't get any clearer.
    Thank you for posting that, now you don't have to post it again and focus on whats being told

No need to start taking that tone with me or others.

. . .snip. . .
    Please go read those threads Lupus linked to. I'm trying to stay calm here, but I am almost to the point where I cannot endure your ranting any longer. You have no idea where any of us stand on the subject of CH, and those threads contain the opinions of almost every Agent who reads these forums. You have this preconceived notion that we want to keep using CH constantly. Let me just say it outright, you are wrong.

Please, go read those threads. It may change your entire view of our professionals and put an end to this annoying bickering that you carry on with Ebon and Lupus.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Maybe use http://forums.anarchy-online.com/pri...newpm&u=678558 if you wanna send me private messages or accuse me of "bitching" or other things. I would be carefull talking too much on the behalf of others.

Maybe use http://forums.anarchy-online.com/pri...newpm&u=678558 if you wanna send me private messages or accuse me of "bitching" or other things. I would be carefull talking too much on the behalf of others.
    Take your own advice or stfu. You talk about all agents but you are CH-noobs. Idk if the forums mods are your friends or blind to your constant trolling.

Word on the street is they're doing a proper retool of FPs and the agent-only toolset. Until then, leave CH the way it is. After then, who knows whether CH will even be fpable.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Couple of points then Gatester:

1) An optimal cookie cutter PvP setup enf has an extremely high chance to alpha an Agent straight out in standard equip. An anti-healer setup Enf has even more of a chance. I don't understand how you can possibly deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It is unfortunate for you that the most common pvp setup at this time for enforcers is also the most effective, but if you want to argue that every enforcer is OP against every agent then I have no choice but to argue against you.
    You guys just read what you want to read don't you?

2) Excluding duels, MAs aren't a very strong PvP profession because they are melee, and susceptible to CC. I certainly wouldn't put MA above ... well any of the Ranged Profs. They are one of the most kitable professions ever. I also wouldn't put them above Enf or Shade.
    Asside from being melee you can avoid almost all of the problems with CC tools on an MA and catch up to your opponents as well. Not only is the MA fear 60 seconds shorter recharge time than the enforcers but MA has abilities to CC an opponent that do not require a 3m range and land much more easily. MA's also have around 2-3x the stuns an enforcer has and far more init debuffing yet no one complains about MA's because they are so complicated...

I won't argue that ranged professions are inherintly easier to use than melee, hence the reason why I have only ranged pvpers at this time, but MA does not lose very often in one on one encounters if you know how to play and those one on one encounters happen the most.

3) Keepers are capable of being rooted and becoming free frags. Hell, most of the time an Agent can tank a Keeper toe to toe, keep CHing, and AS the Keeper to death with an OE rifle. I understand why an Agent would rank Keepers so low.
    I like how everyone compares average keepers to the elite enforcers like Forz and Impetu or bases the profession's entire ranking based only off of what their profession does against them. Most of you have not even pvp'd a keeper of the same caliber that you guys are comparing every enforcer to but you want to assess what the profession can do because of that. This is the reason why keepers are gaining boosts that would put them over 4k AR and ridiculous levels of def alongside a 5k+ heal when they recast their aura and enforcers are getting nerfed into the ground.

First off, hotswapping and alphaing at exactly the right time.

Second, they are an evades prof and you know what evaders are like when everyone and their dog has AS (or big nukes).

Third, they are easy to kite - lowish runspeed, overall lack of CC, and can't just faceroll up the perks because their main PvP alpha consists of TWO hotswaps.

Fourth, your average PvM MA is going to suck very hard in PvP due to a large difference in perk setup (this is not the case for most other profs).

Fifth, low AR for a prof that relies on their alpha - yes I know that top MAs like Angevil can get 3.5k in a dueling setup, but if he does not have CiB up he's alpha food for higher AR profs - he has sacrificed a lot of def to get there.

Sixth, rather small heals with a VERY long recharge and during this recharge they can't use hotswaps.

Seventh, any stun which comes from MA attack items puts them in a VERY long recharge and during this recharge they can't use hotswaps.

Just look how many active PvP MAs there are around right now if you want even more proof. Pretty sure you can count them on one hand.
    1) Thats the "complicated" part, but you know more than half the professions have to do this as well?

2) Most MA's won't drop the low health builds, it means AS and nukes really hurt those setups. You know how many AS pistol or onehander AS's or crappy doctor, MP, engie, or crat AS's even dent my 20k+ max health MA? You are confusing player preference with a profession difficulty, which is common for those that do not play the profession.

3) Knowledgeable MA's have a few CC tools and can manage their lower runspeed (which people think is OP for some melee profs to be fast but unfair for others to have lower runspeed...). Those two hotswaps are also unnecessary for most encounters, as MA's do have enough tools and damage from fists and maybe an AS swap to kill the majority of players.

4) I hope you are not referring to enforcers as one where average pvm setups can perform well in pvp. You think 1he/1hb is a pvm setup you are facing a huge blackhole of failed knowledge about the profession. Pure 1hb or 2hb with too little AR to perk 3k def in most cases is what you call a pvm enforcer. In my pvm setup on my enforcer (no, not the one in my sig), shade, and MA my MA performs the best in both defense and offense.

5) Enforcer alpha is easy to use, MA alpha is far stronger when you master it. The major difference for MA and enforcer is that after the enforcer alpha fails they must run away for 60 seconds, the MA is still doing 2-3k regulars with 4-5k crits. If MA's had much higher static AR then they would kill far too easily.

6) Yes.

7) Wrong. We had a patch to fix that, your information is out of date which you would know if you played the profession.

Agent is tied for third because:

1. It has trouble killing anything that doesn't easily die to *loads* of AS spam and UBT (Adv Doc Eng Fix Trader).

2. You can't land perks when you need them if you only have 3k AR (perfect endgame def setup).

3. It's hard not dieing to every alpha, or 2 random noobs working together, when you only have 2k evades (perfect endgame AR setup).

4. Without NR2 it can't resist any debuff.

5. With NR2 it can't cast nanos which are essential to survive alphas (TP and AAS) or perk others (AAS and Bullseye).

6. When ANY, and I mean ANY debuff lands you're dead meat if you can't somehow run your tiny legs out of your ass - and even just getting out alive is nearly impossible if you don't have a def setup.

7. Out of all 14 profs the only ones that don't have something to screw up CH are Adventurer, Fixer, and Keeper.
    Watch what I do here Lupus, I'm going to NOT argue with you about your experience with your profession because your experience is more valid than my observations. The only argument I have is do you think other professions do not suffer many similar or even more detremental problems than you have listed?

Keepers are capable of, well, nothing against me.

Okay they are unperkable if I'm def setup. Then I press O until they die which happens pretty soon. Somewhere in the fight they'll try their miserable 2 minute recharge alpha against me which has 0 stuns, 0 dangerous debuffs, and 0 nano depletions. Oh boy.

Due to the heavy perk-reliability they can't really afford to invest perks in Spatial Displacement which means mediocre anti-CC, no spectacular runspeed, no way to catch up with their target or make it come to them. Their Dimach doesn't even do real damage and is on a one hour lockout. The cherry on top of the cake? One of the Flavour of the Month profs, Shade, can remove ALL of their buffs which means even if they don't die they'll have to spend 5 minutes swapping gear and recasting their nanos. For what it's worth even with Shades' crap nanoskills it's going to land because you KNOW how broken Nano Resist is right now.
    I wish you could pvp a good keeper. I hear how bad keeper is in pvp all the time, some things seem justified to me but I really wouldn't know unless I tried it myself. I heard similar things about shades and MAs and leveled them to 220 myself. They perform far better than people claim, just as you are doing in this thread, and the cause is fairly obvious.

When a profession is more frequently used, you can see many more examples of players doing it right and therefore gain a feeling that the profession is doing just fine. If there were as many MA's as there were enforcers then you would see more Angevils and Boris's spring up in the playerbase. If one person can do it, anyone can do it.

Now to bring this all back to the OP's post, which I as someone with an enforcer disagreed with, his suggestion was to remove it during the balancing. All of the complaints against him have been because he is an enforcer and has a strong alpha now, and not based on a post balancing perspective. Post balancing I feel CH will be nerfed in a manner that does not make it too effective at tl5 or tl7, and enforcer alphas are also being nerfed in a manner where it is not an easy win against anyone. If you wish to argue against this, then your argument is for removing CH from agents.

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    Take your own advice or stfu. You talk about all agents but you are CH-noobs. Idk if the forums mods are your friends or blind to your constant trolling.
    Ohlala, manners Don't be so mad hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    Word on the street is they're doing a proper retool of FPs and the agent-only toolset.
    So it wouldn't matter so much, and imo shouldn't be more crucial overall than trader tradeskill buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    Until then, leave CH the way it is.
    Why? This is for the post-balance remember. Can change the way agent function in FP.

The pro's to his suggestion is that it will (likely) be less neglect and more efficiency to our unique utilities so we can return to being ourselfs at a greater extent (also when going undercover/using FP), which a few of us at least are missing. It does after all make us the secondbest healer in AO and heals getting nerfed, no?
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 17th, 2010 at 20:13:02.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    Normally we don't do this sorta thing but I figure this serves as a pretty good example. See the above post? Bacon just earned himself an infraction point for that under the "flaming" category.

This is gonna keep happening the more that insults, flames, personal attacks and out-right stupidity keep cropping up. I'm not amused, I'm not entertained, and I have no qualms giving a whoooole bunch of you a seasonal vacation from the forums.

Start keeping it above the belt.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

this is just one giant whine thread. If as an enf you don't know how to alpha an agent in mimic doc, ask for help in the enf sections. You perk rotation must be wrong, or you're lacking ar since you don't have the necessary armor/symbs or prolly forgot to run challenger. Either way, this thread is a just pure crap.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Asside from being melee you can avoid almost all of the problems with CC tools on an MA and catch up to your opponents as well. Not only is the MA fear 60 seconds shorter recharge time than the enforcers but MA has abilities to CC an opponent that do not require a 3m range and land much more easily. MA's also have around 2-3x the stuns an enforcer has and far more init debuffing yet no one complains about MA's because they are so complicated...

Seriously? What 'ability' MAs have that doesn't requite 3m range? If you're referring to uwos, it has a 3s snare and debuffs RS for like 700, trust me, this really isn't noticeable. 2x-3x the stuns enfs have? Wth is wrong with you man, do you just make up crap out of the blue? I have 2 stuns. (and those stuns can't be used while perks are firing). The amount of stuns I see enfs have is plain ridiculous.

3) Knowledgeable MA's have a few CC tools and can manage their lower runspeed (which people think is OP for some melee profs to be fast but unfair for others to have lower runspeed...). Those two hotswaps are also unnecessary for most encounters, as MA's do have enough tools and damage from fists and maybe an AS swap to kill the majority of players.

That's actually plain nonsense, the number one thing I hate on MA is how easy someone can just kite and negate everything. Oh and fyi, the hotswaps are actually VERY necessary, please don't comment on stuff you don't know about.

Enforcer alpha is easy to use, MA alpha is far stronger when you master it. The major difference for MA and enforcer is that after the enforcer alpha fails they must run away for 60 seconds, the MA is still doing 2-3k regulars with 4-5k crits. If MA's had much higher static AR then they would kill far too easily.

Enf alpha >>> MA alpha anyday, don't downplay your prof. EVERYONE knows how silly an enf alpha is.

When a profession is more frequently used, you can see many more examples of players doing it right and therefore gain a feeling that the profession is doing just fine. If there were as many MA's as there were enforcers then you would see more Angevils and Boris's spring up in the playerbase. If one person can do it, anyone can do it.

I've fought ange in BS and he's not anything special. In duels however, he's quite skilled, so what's your point? Also I knew many MAs that just gave up and rerolled something else. Whereas I know of a lot of ppl who ROLLED enfs just because of their flavour of the month status.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    If as an enf you don't know how to alpha an agent in mimic doc, ask for help in the enf sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    - I really like the idea and function of an agent.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=39

See? He doesn't complain about his abillity to not alpha agents.

He feels it is too powerfull and that it makes agent to a buffbag and doctor with a rifle. Heard it before. And yes, I also do think it is too powerfull in the current state for agents to really blossom doing their own job...but the case in point is how ineffective and useless agents unique repetoir is.

Not wether an enfo can alpha us using the doctor-buff or not. Often only a good one have a fair chance at ok agent using UBT/AS/CH and maybe a FM.

PvP is also just one aspect in how professions are balanced.

Something I think would be cool is that real Doctors gets the option to have the agent combat-power as it is now (minus CC etc) and more mediocre healing while agents becomes assassins supreme retaining more FP-viabillity and diversity.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 17th, 2010 at 20:41:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah
    He feels it is too powerfull and that it makes agent to a buffbag and doctor with a rifle. Heard it before. And yes, I also do think it is too powerfull in the current state for agents to really blossom doing their own job...but the case in point is how ineffective and useless agents unique repetoir is.
    Once again you're pulling random unreletated things up then using them to ... say what exactly?
    "It" is too powerful in the current state for agents to blossom doing "their job," which you go on to explain is useless and inneffective.

You guys just read what you want to read don't you?
    Yet you don't see a Bow Agent complaining when they suck at PvP. Or see an AR agent complaining when they don't evade anything.

Choices. If you don't set up to kill healers you have no ground to complain about them. If you don't set up to survive alphas you have no ground to complain about them.

I like how everyone compares average keepers to the elite enforcers like Forz and Impetu or bases the profession's entire ranking based only off of what their profession does against them. Most of you have not even pvp'd a keeper of the same caliber that you guys are comparing every enforcer to but you want to assess what the profession can do because of that. This is the reason why keepers are gaining boosts that would put them over 4k AR and ridiculous levels of def alongside a 5k+ heal when they recast their aura and enforcers are getting nerfed into the ground.
    Okay, fair enough but as a matter of a fact there are simply no good keepers left. At least on RK2.

You need to keep in mind that Agents have been practised at surviving 2he Enf alphas for years. Honestly, what does a Keeper have that makes his alpha better than a 2he Enf alpha?

Street Samurai is the only thing I can think of, but most PvP Keepers don't perk it and choose Holy Mark instead. 2he Enforcers on the other hand have stuns, init debuffs, Dimach, and a fear. None of which Keepers have access to.

Please tell me if I missed something here.

1) Thats the "complicated" part, but you know more than half the professions have to do this as well?

2) Most MA's won't drop the low health builds, it means AS and nukes really hurt those setups. You know how many AS pistol or onehander AS's or crappy doctor, MP, engie, or crat AS's even dent my 20k+ max health MA? You are confusing player preference with a profession difficulty, which is common for those that do not play the profession.

4) I hope you are not referring to enforcers as one where average pvm setups can perform well in pvp. You think 1he/1hb is a pvm setup you are facing a huge blackhole of failed knowledge about the profession. Pure 1hb or 2hb with too little AR to perk 3k def in most cases is what you call a pvm enforcer. In my pvm setup on my enforcer (no, not the one in my sig), shade, and MA my MA performs the best in both defense and offense.

5) Enforcer alpha is easy to use, MA alpha is far stronger when you master it. The major difference for MA and enforcer is that after the enforcer alpha fails they must run away for 60 seconds, the MA is still doing 2-3k regulars with 4-5k crits. If MA's had much higher static AR then they would kill far too easily.

6) Yes.

7) Wrong. We had a patch to fix that, your information is out of date which you would know if you played the profession.
    1) But do they have to swap two weapons which are each in a different hand? And can't run certain perks with the hotswap weapons on?

2) However, going from your sig your MA is wearing full eJathos (+3k), Shen Sticks (+.5k), and Ofab shoulder (+.5k) to reach those 20k hp (total of 4k hp). I'm not sure if Ancient Defenders and the s10 thingie belong there, if not that is another 1.3k hp. 99% of the PvP setup MAs can not afford this, because they need the AR from Combined, iGoC, Ofab, and can't wear Shens due to hotswaps. It's not that easy to grab a high hp setup without making giant sacrifices elsewhere..

4) Nope, I know Enforcers is "one of those" professions. Though it should be noted that PvP geared Enforcers are usually top notch raid tanks as well, due to most of them going for evades nowadays. And to hold aggro solidly you don't need to be perked into taunts anymore like it was pre-iMongo.

5) Shrug. All I'm saying is that it's VERY hard to master apparently, and duel vs randomer situations make a big difference.

7) Didn't hear that yet, good to know.

Watch what I do here Lupus, I'm going to NOT argue with you about your experience with your profession because your experience is more valid than my observations. The only argument I have is do you think other professions do not suffer many similar or even more detremental problems than you have listed?
    You're more than welcome to contest the points I make. What sets the Agent issues apart from the problems other professions have, is that when our main defense is disabled we have nothing to fall back on. Advy gets NSDed? Ok, Bio Regrowth or Bio Cocoon. Bureaucrat sees someone MR? Ok, Dodge the Blame and/or TTB one of your pets if perks are already hitting you. Doctor unable to cast heals? Ok, hit a heal perk or just remove the debuff. Engineer getting swarmed and his blockers are depleted? Ok, hit Bio Cocoon and wait for blocker refresh. The list goes on.

I wish you could pvp a good keeper. I hear how bad keeper is in pvp all the time, some things seem justified to me but I really wouldn't know unless I tried it myself. I heard similar things about shades and MAs and leveled them to 220 myself. They perform far better than people claim, just as you are doing in this thread, and the cause is fairly obvious.
    I wouldn't be masochistic enough to level up another 220 in a Profession which I -know- is going to suck at PvP. Or if I were wrong about straight up sucking then below average at best.

Post balancing I feel CH will be nerfed in a manner that does not make it too effective at tl5 or tl7
    I think so too. I just hope Agents will still be able to heal sufficiently to make Mimic Doc "worth it" while not making Mimic Doc the only way to PvP.

and enforcer alphas are also being nerfed in a manner where it is not an easy win against anyone. If you wish to argue against this, then your argument is for removing CH from agents.
    We'll have to see how Enforcer alphas work out post-balance. Everything is still up in the air, we know what the perks are going to do approximately (BUT could be changed later). We don't know what everyone's defenses will be like.

Well, we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Once again you're pulling random unreletated things up then using them to ... say what exactly?
    Translashon: It = CH...and then I just cleared up some confusion regarding the OP, or so I like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    "It" is too powerful in the current state for agents to blossom doing "their job," which you go on to explain is useless and inneffective.
    Casting a dot (IE, doing our job) instead of CH is useless, unsafe and ineffetive. Agree? UBT/CH = Effective, safer and usefull. Shouldn't using our own toolset be more beneficial?

IE using CC/Escape instead of CH when things go bad for example.

Currently 1 FP'able nano is so powerfull that it outperforms much of our unique functionality and possibly prevents agents to really shine at a high level in AO.

We would still have heal-ability even if CH was removed from the FP-line. We also have adv SL-heals we can FP.

Altho I must say that is imo a too small heal on the other hand...
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 17th, 2010 at 21:04:55.

I don't see a reason for this thread to exist really. If the doctor nanos are generally the optimal toolset for Agents at TL7, then why can't they use CH? I don't get why it's unreasonable for an AGENT to cast CH with it's drawbacks and their toolset, but if a doctor does it, under the optimal conditions a doctor has for casting CH, it's OK? Um, the red light is going off here. That's alot of nonsense. If I wanted to, I could give a doctor conceal, a rifle and capped AS as well... would that mean we need more whine threads about how we should remove rifles and AS from doctors? Why give agents the ability to access professions nanos just to tell them 'Sorry, you can't cast them'. It' no more OPed than those professions using their own nanos themselves.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 17th, 2010 at 21:23:48.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast